Jimmy Bell Appreciation Thread

Bell is rounding into good game shape, and he was the first person jumping on a couple of those boards. He is sealing off on the help defense, walling up when defending in the paint, and driving his hip into defenders when dribbling in the paint.

For those who jump on Ford and staff re FTs, maybe they can see the outstanding work they have done teaching Collins, Hargrove, Jacobs, and Perkins how to take angles forcing the man with the ball into help defense at the three block in the paint, rather than giving up layups as early in the season.

As good as our defense has shown up, our offense has been stellar. Seeing two frosh score in double figures, and a third hang nine dimes on a talented NCAA team, is a program changing event. This class has arrived.

As I have learned this year from 3-star, it's matchups.  Jimmy Bell against Rhode Island ---- with Langevine, Harris and Walker ---- is agreeable to Jimmy Bell.  That was a great game for Jimmy no doubt.  Having said that, I can't believe he got eaten up by Mitchell at Umass but those things happen.  The makeup of teams like St. Joe's, La Salle, Davidson, and Richmond all play to Jimmy's weaknesses and you don't see him much in those games.

Mason will be interesting.  AJ Wilson is pushing for A10's Most Improved Player award and he looks it.  But the rest of their frontline ---- Mar, Calixte and Oduro --- fit into Jimmy's wheelhouse.   Ditto Osunniyi.  Jimmy and his classmates are no longer freshmen.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

As I have learned this year from 3-star, it's matchups.  Jimmy Bell against Rhode Island ---- with Langevine, Harris and Walker ---- is agreeable to Jimmy Bell.  That was a great game for Jimmy no doubt.  Having said that, I can't believe he got eaten up by Mitchell at Umass but those things happen.  The makeup of teams like St. Joe's, La Salle, Davidson, and Richmond all play to Jimmy's weaknesses and you don't see him much in those games.

Mason will be interesting.  AJ Wilson is pushing for A10's Most Improved Player award and he looks it.  But the rest of their frontline ---- Mar, Calixte and Oduro --- fit into Jimmy's wheelhouse.   Ditto Osunniyi.  Jimmy and his classmates are no longer freshmen.

This is very true. Jimmy responds best when hes against other slower plodding bigs.  Hargrove type bigs are not for him.   Hargrove was huge again today as well.