Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Clocktoweraccords2004

Chaifetz appreciation thread

Recommended Posts

Just saw on the news the university is also kicking in 50k and looking for more donors. Looking to charter a plane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

 

I hope they choose only the students that attended the most games this season (if they have a way of tracking that). This may be a way for Chaifetz to bolster regular season attendance numbers if he can start bringing students to the A10 (or NCAA) tourneys every year. Students would be more motivated to gain the opportunity for a free trip, knowing that their regular season attendance went towards that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

I hope they choose only the students that attended the most games this season (if they have a way of tracking that). This may be a way for Chaifetz to bolster regular season attendance numbers if he can start bringing students to the A10 (or NCAA) tourneys every year. Students would be more motivated to gain the opportunity for a free trip, knowing that their regular season attendance went towards that. 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

I hope they choose only the students that attended the most games this season (if they have a way of tracking that). This may be a way for Chaifetz to bolster regular season attendance numbers if he can start bringing students to the A10 (or NCAA) tourneys every year. Students would be more motivated to gain the opportunity for a free trip, knowing that their regular season attendance went towards that. 

News just broke, lottery of 25 random students. Can’t wait for some randos who don’t know cheers or the starting 5 to be there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I’m pretty sure you can buy one LSU basketball player for $50k. 

Nah, that takes at least 100k. Ask Willy Wade... although..hes done with that s***..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

News just broke, lottery of 25 random students. Can’t wait for some randos who don’t know cheers or the starting 5 to be there...

You should at least have the Slunatics get preference....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

News just broke, lottery of 25 random students. Can’t wait for some randos who don’t know cheers or the starting 5 to be there...

that may cover 75% of the student body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattyMo213 said:

News just broke, lottery of 25 random students. Can’t wait for some randos who don’t know cheers or the starting 5 to be there...

Good on SLU to 'F this up somehow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 25 students?  The math doesn't make sense. It can't cost $2k per person ($4k if the U is kicking in $50k as well) to get to SJ and watch a ball game or two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Neighbor Dave said:

Only 25 students?  The math doesn't make sense. It can't cost $2k per person ($4k if the U is kicking in $50k as well) to get to SJ and watch a ball game or two.

 

With last minute plane tickets And hotel rooms it’s pretty expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Neighbor Dave said:

Only 25 students?  The math doesn't make sense. It can't cost $2k per person ($4k if the U is kicking in $50k as well) to get to SJ and watch a ball game or two.

 

On the news Fred talked about a charter. Charter's aren't cheap. Most of the commercial flights were pretty booked up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, willie said:

On the news Fred talked about a charter. Charter's aren't cheap. Most of the commercial flights were pretty booked up 

I looked into doing a PJ for a group of 12 for a bachelor party, it was like 22k for pilot, gas etc, so this adds up to be about right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, willie said:

Just saw on the news the university is also kicking in 50k and looking for more donors. Looking to charter a plane. 

He asked the university to match it.  I wonder if SLU did (doesn't sound like it and I haven't seen anything suggesting SLU has matched). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

He asked the university to match it.  I wonder if SLU did (doesn't sound like it and I haven't seen anything suggesting SLU has matched). 

i thought i read on twitter last night Saint louis did indeed match the donation.   may be wrong, but i know i went to bed thinking such.  

i just hope the kids selected indeed are slunatics and not some snowflakes that just want a free trip.   our loyal basketball fan slunatics deserve the trip.   plus got to believe they will make a lot more noise.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i thought i read on twitter last night Saint louis did indeed match the donation.   may be wrong, but i know i went to bed thinking such.  

i just hope the kids selected indeed are slunatics and not some snowflakes that just want a free trip.   our loyal basketball fan slunatics deserve the trip.   plus got to believe they will make a lot more noise.   

You’re liking the twitters, aren’t you Roy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

He asked the university to match it.  I wonder if SLU did (doesn't sound like it and I haven't seen anything suggesting SLU has matched). 

I guess I am the only person who watched channel 5 news last night. The school did match and Fred said they were looking for additional support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the school did match, part of me wonders if they know or think the Big East may be expanding sooner rather than later and are trying to position themselves as best as possible.  Obviously it's easy to say if you provide a free trip of course students will go but it does show dedication to getting fans to games by the biggest booster and the school.  Probably overthinking it but SLU did really hype up the Butler game, Dr. P just sent out a tweet about Jesuit schools in the tournament, and now they are paying money that they have never done before to send students to a game.  Even if not for the Big East, happy to see the dedication to the program finally.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, willie said:

I guess I am the only person who watched channel 5 news last night. The school did match and Fred said they were looking for additional support. 

the only thing i will watch on anything nbc affiliated is "the voice". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the only thing i will watch on anything nbc affiliated is "the voice". 

You are a complicated guy Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...