2018 NCAA Tournament Thread

CBFan

Just now, billikenbill said:

It was there for the taking and the D-Cats went cold.

Yes they did shooting 38 percent now nice try but Aldridge and Grady are 7-30

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already switched to SFA and TT a 1 point game now

Buffalo up 8-4 over Arizona Buffalo has a good looking team

39 minutes ago, almaman said:

If you do not find it noteworthy to point out a team in the dance has 5 white players on the court in 2018 I will discontinue going b & f with you

What would be really noteworthy is if it was 5 American white guys.  

You see the 5 white guys every once in awhile but it usually includes an Australian a few Europeans and the occasional Canadian.

brianstl likes this

Sean Miller, worst "big time" floor coach ever.   Sean,  when losing might need to abandon twin towers and match up a little more with your quicker opponent.  

5 hours ago, dlarry said:

Broke your bracket?

How for did you have the U going? Unless for some reason you had Miami in the elite 8 your bracket is should be just fine.

I take that back, for the bracket I submitted for Billikens.com I had Loyola-C winning.

Other brackets I submitted I had Miami. :rolleyes: Like Larranaga. Both are losing to Tennessee in the next round. 

dlarry likes this

Could not stay up to watch the last games and just saw what Buffalo did to Arizona it appears that Buffalo might be that team this tournament that busts brackets.

The two games all over the news are the wins by Buffalo and Loyola.  The P5 wins are all afterthoughts.  The public wants to see these upsets.  The NCAA needs to fix their 'fix' and insure the smaller conferences are well represented.  Middle Tennessee, St. Mary's, both should have been in the tourney.

I read that Larry Bird's Indiana State University NCAA runner up team (which did win the Valley that year) wouldn't have qualified as an At-Large team for this year's tourney.

24 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The two games all over the news are the wins by Buffalo and Loyola.  The P5 wins are all afterthoughts.  The public wants to see these upsets.  The NCAA needs to fix their 'fix' and insure the smaller conferences are well represented.  Middle Tennessee, St. Mary's, both should have been in the tourney.

I read that Larry Bird's Indiana State University NCAA runner up team (which did win the Valley that year) wouldn't have qualified as an At-Large team for this year's tourney.

Joe Lunardi tweeted that. He was being sarcastic by pointing out that the 79 Indiana St. team only had 1 quadrant 1 win and therefor wouldn't have made it in the dance if they hadn't won the conference tourney with the new selection criteria. 

It was just sarcasm. While I appreciate his point and agree that small schools are getting screwed by the new metrics, the fact was Indiana St. was undefeated that year going into the dance, so I highly doubt a 26-1 team led by the national player of the year wouldn't have gotten an invite.

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

Joe Lunardi tweeted that. He was being sarcastic by pointing out that the 79 Indiana St. team only had 1 quadrant 1 win and therefor wouldn't have made it in the dance if they hadn't won the conference tourney with the new selection criteria. 

It was just sarcasm. While I appreciate his point and agree that small schools are getting screwed by the new metrics, the fact was Indiana St. was undefeated that year going into the dance, so I highly doubt a 26-1 team led by the national player of the year wouldn't have gotten an invite.

That was my point when I earlier posted that it seems odd that 19 and 20 win teams are getting invites and not high seeds now.  As Roy pointed out it is all about the RPI and while I understand that the problem is you can only play the teams that are on your schedule - if you do not play in a P5 conference and you can not get higher rated teams to play you what are you suppose to do.  Now I know some might say well take those games with no return or the 2 for 1 series but you should not have to be placed in a big disadvantage all the time.  While Lundardi  says he was being sarcastic sometimes what is said tongue in cheek may be closer to the truth.  

3 hours ago, kshoe said:

Didn't there used to be a selection criteria that a team had to play .500 in their conference in order to be eligible for an At Large bid?  If so, why did they dump it, beyond the obvious reason of being allowed to select more P5 schools?

I don't care what your RPI, Kenpom, Sagarin, Tier I, II or III wins, or your % saturated fat, if you can't play 50/50 in your league, you don't deserve a chance at the National Title. 

Watching that Buffalo game they looked fantastic. Swarming defense and great passing. They shot better than should be expected going forward but I did not see that coming. I thought that they played and looked like a high major team and not a bracket busting Cinderella.

Impressive.

4 minutes ago, BJK said:

Watching that Buffalo game they looked fantastic. Swarming defense and great passing. They shot better than should be expected going forward but I did not see that coming. I thought that they played and looked like a high major team and not a bubble busting Cinderella.

Impressive.

I believe Whitesell is still an assistant there.