Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

So ESPN just copied week old information, passing it off as "Breaking News", and suggested that players were suspended, before taking that part out of the story?

Solid journalism all around.

What we have come to know and love about ESPN over the past decade. They are crumbling. 

14 minutes ago, almaman said:

the issue is the word suspended. Only place I see the word after reading Gordon's piece is in the seminarian's post

I WAS WRONG I didn't seethe one first time I updated this thread. Still all confusing. If the U does indeed announce suspensions but doesn't name them yet I'm for naming on the board. Why should we all chat around the elephant till first game. Boy this is so frigging disapointing. This plus not using and getting another stud with that last pick taking some of the shine off OPR :(:(

My step daughter took her kid to the pumpkin patch last Sunday, there are two of them in operation now. She was interviewed by some reporter for the PD. When she saw what was reported, the reporter placed her on the wrong pumpkin patch and quoted her saying some stuff she never said. What do you want it is the news. 

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Could this be good news?

Maybe he put suspended in the article and a SLU official contacted him and said "hold on a minute"

Wishful thinking?

I guess ESPN being incompetent is more likely.

I would say there is a high probability both things are true.

Cussamano just had some good news on channel 5 news. 

He said interim suspensions have been lifted and all 4 players are attending class and practicing. 

He said Roosenbloom told him he expects charges to be dropped soon. 

I was unaware they were suspended but this is good news.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

He said interim suspensions have been lifted and all 4 players are attending class and practicing. 

be still, my heart 

12 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Thanks for the update. My only question is charges dropped? There had not been charges filed yet I thought. 

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

does this mean all the players are ok and we can have a fun basketball year

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Thanks for the update. My only question is charges dropped? There had not been charges filed yet I thought. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I may have misheard. It may have been Roosenbloom doesn't expect charges to be filed or he may have been talking about disciplinary board. I'm not sure but I was pretty happy with what he said.

Hopefully things will be cleared up soon.