Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

The problem with the appeals process is that it isn’t intended to lessen the punishment. It looks at the process and/or new evidence.  I don’t suspect the latter will come into play so you’re really looking at the process.  Then what happens? If somehow this panel deems the process was fubarred, do they recommend another investigation? A statement that the process wasn’t perfect but the punishment stands?  A complete exoneration because of a faulty process?  I just don’t see the panel wading into this mess.  New evidence would be cut and dry, but judging the process and the remedy for a poor process?  Nah, they ain’t touching that and certainly not in the 10-15 days they’re allotted.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

People like you are the reason we live in the overly sensitized divided world that we live in today. You validate your asinine views prefacing them with a reminder that your superior wisdom allowed you to predict this outcome. You then pontificate about a larger issue completely unrelated to this situation (i.e., the 2016 Presidential Election). Finally, you jump onto your moral high horse before riding off to another public forum where you will again make a fool of yourself.

You would disagree that the Me Too movement has risen to prominence after  the election? SLU knows what is getting high focus in terms of sexual assault cases. They know the basketball fans will be angry. They also know with this decision reduces risk in public perception involving academics, campus security and safety issues, etc.. not to mention lawsuit exposure. I know nobody on this board wants to hear that. I'm sure St Louis University is worried about donations drying up if they would have went the other way. I'm sure they were worried about enrollment, especially with new female students and their families. I know you guys want to wash that away but these are serious issues.

Remember, hundreds upon hundreds of student-athletes coming through the program but don't get entangled into this nonsense. Why would anybody think SLU is going to side with the ones who do? Why aren't French, Hines, Roby, to name a few , in trouble? The obvious answer is they had nothing to do with it. If They're as smart as I think they are they probably steered clear of it. I think logic dictates they found out about it pretty quick. I am sure they were kind of ticked off that three of their teammates would not play in a real game, exposing them to more injury risk. There bodies taking an extra pounding because their teammates wanted to experiment with group sex and make foolish choices? . We don't know if they blame the players or if they blame the University. Those teammates not under investigation probably blamed both!!   By the way , I predicted this because I have a brain that functions and I am aware of the situation in our society today. I live in this world  the way it is .  But I didn't make the world that this way.  it is doesn't take a genius, it just takes somebody with a little bit of Common Sense. I wish you all the best.

Go Billikens!

15 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Say what you will about the 2010 situation, but at least there was a legitimate question of consent, the prime factor in considering rape.  Here, it has been widely stated that consent is not an issue.

Not for Kwamain and Willie. The girl went there for sex with Kwamain. Willie didn't touch her. They both got screwed. These kangaroo courts aren't even consistent with their punishments.

2 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

By the way , I predicted this because I have a brain that functions and I am aware of the situation in our society today. I live in this world  the way it is .  But I didn't make the world that this way.  it is doesn't take a genius, it just takes somebody with a little bit of Common Sense. I wish you all the best.

Go Billikens!

A true psychopath 

Just now, majerus mojo said:

A true psychopath 

I think he might be tilky resetting his ID.  He's obviously as nuts and taking great joy in slu fans misery

As much as we are extremely angry and disappointed at SLU for most likely mistreating the 4 players who were suspended/expelled, as fans we owe it to Coach Ford, French, Roby, Foreman, Johnson, Anthony, Bess, and yes even Hines to support them during the remainder of the season. 

If you’re a player on the current team, how do you possibly care about how the team does? Your best friends just got effectively kicked out of the university. Your team is likely going to suck for the remainder of your career if you stay and you just wasted (at least) two years of your collegiate career. Would any of us care how our team did in that situation?

13 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

You would disagree that the Me Too movement has risen to prominence after  the election? SLU knows what is getting high focus in terms of sexual assault cases. They know the basketball fans will be angry. They also know with this decision reduces risk in public perception involving academics, campus security and safety issues, etc.. not to mention lawsuit exposure. I know nobody on this board wants to hear that. I'm sure St Louis University is worried about donations drying up if they would have went the other way. I'm sure they were worried about enrollment, especially with new female students and their families. I know you guys want to wash that away but these are serious issues.

Remember, hundreds upon hundreds of student-athletes coming through the program but don't get entangled into this nonsense. Why would anybody think SLU is going to side with the ones who do? Why aren't French, Hines, Roby, to name a few , in trouble? The obvious answer is they had nothing to do with it. If They're as smart as I think they are they probably steered clear of it. I think logic dictates they found out about it pretty quick. I am sure they were kind of ticked off that three of their teammates would not play in a real game, exposing them to more injury risk. There bodies taking an extra pounding because their teammates wanted to experiment with group sex and make foolish choices? . We don't know if they blame the players or if they blame the University. Those teammates not under investigation probably blamed both!!   By the way , I predicted this because I have a brain that functions and I am aware of the situation in our society today. I live in this world  the way it is .  But I didn't make the world that this way.  it is doesn't take a genius, it just takes somebody with a little bit of Common Sense. I wish you all the best.

Go Billikens!

The me too movement is an attempt by Hollywood to project their guilt on the American public. It’s hilarious really.

11 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

Go Billikens!

You might be the most dumbest poster ever. That don’t blame their teammates, they were liking their freethe3 post tweet yesterday. SLU has only increased their liability exposure with how they have handled this whole process.

5 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

As much as we are extremely angry and disappointed at SLU for most likely mistreating the 4 players who were suspended/expelled, as fans we owe it to Coach Ford, French, Roby, Foreman, Johnson, Anthony, Bess, and yes even Hines to support them during the remainder of the season. 

This years team might be the best team SLU puts on the court for the next several years. We should appreciate them for as long as we can. 

2 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

This years team might be the best team SLU puts on the court for the next several years. We should appreciate them for as long as we can. 

Not if you remove Goodwin

12 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Is this Pestello?

22 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

Go Billikens!

I would wager that many of SLU’s student athletes (male and female) are having drunk sex.  I’d further wager that a decent portion of that group is taking pictures/snaps.  So, the assertion that these were just 3-4 rotten apples out of 100’s is horsesh*t in my opinion. It appears, the difference for our guys is that they have some counterparts who regretted the decision and leveraged another slice of the socio-political reality. 

41 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

Go Billikens!

Where was the Me Too movement when Bill Clinton was in office. Seems it's ok if the offender is on your side.

Bobby Metzinger likes this

6 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

A lot of over reacting on this board right now

An amazing amount of wishful thinking in this post.  

We have averaged an 11-21 record over the last 3 seasons.  We have just had 3 sure fire starters for next season forced out of the program.  The best recruit we have signed in 20 plus years has told the teams beat writer he needs to re-examine his commitment.

you think people are overreacting?

Anyone know what they did that caused the suspensions? Was it taking pictures? Was it because the girl drank and couldn't actually consent? And by the way that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Yes means yes drunk or sober. Since when does saying I was drunk relieve you from responsibility? 

I'm still waiting to understand exactly what happened but if it turns out that they broke some f..ked up student code regarding sex and that's it. I'm done, I won't ever donate or watch a SLU game again. Colleges are to educate not dictate the morality of adults. Colleges have just become ridiculous. 

kcinstl, drkelsey55 and Schasz like this

Just now, slufanskip said:

Anyone know what they did that caused the suspensions? Was it taking pictures? Was it because the girl drank and couldn't actually consent? And by the way that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Yes means yes drunk or sober. Since when does saying I was drunk relieve you from responsibility? 

I'm still waiting to understand exactly what happened but if it turns out that they broke some f..ked up student code regarding sex and that's it. I'm done, I won't ever donate or watch a SLU game again. Colleges are to educate not dictate the morality of adults. Colleges have just become ridiculous. 

According to Rosenblum, the one girl that saw the case through the end admitted consent wasn’t an issue.  I would think that removes questions about alcohol impacting the ability to give consent.