Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Here is the problem much is know about the situation - you can not keep something like this under wraps for this long without stuff leaking out.  I am not sure people are really saying that SLU is racist but that the optics make no sense - boys out and girl still cheering.  Because much is known by lots of people the frustration level rises and that is what is bad for Fred and the U.  The sooner a resolution is reached the better for all parties involved.  As far as lawsuits go - there will be some filed since anybody can sue anyone for anything but in this case the suit has a certain amount of legs for all sides.  SLU should just get this over ASAP and let the chips fall where they may.  As far as women letting themselves get into to dicey situations - well that happens all the time where the problem is when people think just because they are female then they must be protected regardless of what actually took place.  If the father is having a fit because his little girl was soiled then my guess is he has no idea that this was not his little girl's first rodeo - people don't go from A - Z that quickly without hitting some of the letters in between.

West Coast Billiken seems to be confusing an anonymous internet chat forum with investigative journalists at WaPo. My opinions, just like everyone else's, are based on the few facts we have and a lot of second hand information. No one is claiming their opinions are based on anything but. This is where people come to speculate.  99% of us on this board have not or will not extend our opinions beyond this board simply because we DON'T know all of the facts. That doesn't mean we still can't form opinions on the matter even if there  is little to go on. I know the players haven't been charged with a crime. I know how  SLU handled S1. I know what can happen when parents get involved.

Short of just two made up twitter profiles (John Brown and T Murks) accusing Pestello and SLU of being racists and sexists, most of the public outcry has been people fed up with the lack of transparency and timing of this whole situation. There's nothing wrong with the latter.

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'm sure whatever they're going to say today will be super broad and not helpful

i dont know.   if the decision strongly went against the players i could see the attorney's scolding the outcome and the trainwreck process their clients just endured for almost 4 months.   a hard stance decision would send the message "you can appeal, but....."   thus at this point, let em know it is now time to open the vault.  

12 minutes ago, ARon said:

Between this and what I’m assuming is Welmer’s career threatening injury issue, I hope T Ford is still recruiting the ‘18 class hard.

My thought when I saw in the 2018 recruiting thread that some guard had received an offer from SLU that it portended bad news regarding Situation II.  Coach Ford may have had to go from maybe thinking about oversubscribing on scholarships in case of a transfer or Welmer's injury being career ending to knowing that he has some slots to fill, and they're guard spots.

Just now, Westy03 said:

The came down hard on the players. They wouldn't do a press conference if they players didn't get screwed 

Let's not rush to judgment on that. If they have been publicly vilified, a public announcement of their innocence would also make a lot of sense. 

2 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

The came down hard on the players. They wouldn't do a press conference if they players didn't get screwed 

I don't know.  I'm not ready to assume that yet.  I could see them doing a press conference for a 'We're relieved that this process has reached a favorable decision'.  Or 'unfortunately, the process took this amount of time'.  Or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

love that the 'oh holier then thou' billiken poster has an issue with me wanting to wait for the actual story to come out before i start calling every person who may or may not even be involved in anything racist, sexist, and incompetent. 

You assisted on getting us to 200 pages on this thread.

Relax West Coast you have been one of the good posters on this site and I get what you are saying but folks have their opinion and people jump to conclusions.

Besides I resemble one of those old guys you were talking about a few posts back.

I think the SLU administration has not performed well based on everything I read and I think it is okay for myself and others to believe that.

Happy Friday

15 minutes ago, ARon said:

Between this and what I’m assuming is Welmer’s career threatening injury issue, I hope T Ford is still recruiting the ‘18 class hard.

He can hit it as hard as he wants, the school is screwing him.  This is a disaster for recruiting.

Plus, if you are Bess and Foreman why do you stick around this train wreck if you can transfer without sitting?

15 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-who traveled to UMass? or who didn't? I'm very afraid our bball program just exploded and it will take a long time to recover, the decision has been made and many of us will find it unbelievable 

Why?  We are an average - A10 team now with the guys that have been playing.  That doesn’t change.

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Question about signed recruits: Gordon and Thatch can decommit but they would both have to sit out a year, correct? 

only if slu wouldnt let them out of their LOI

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i dont know.   if the decision strongly went against the players i could see the attorney's scolding the outcome and the trainwreck process their clients just endured for almost 4 months.   a hard stance decision would send the message "you can appeal, but....."   thus at this point, let em know it is now time to open the vault.  

I hope this is the case.  Ive just lost all hope on anything going right during this entire 5 month process. 

1 minute ago, kmbilliken said:

Bad for recruiting? So players aren't going to come here because they can't video group sex?

Players aren't going to come here because their parents think they are going to get screwed over by the school.  This is the second time this has happened in less than a decade.  Opposing programs now have a pattern of incidents they will tell parents about.

4 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Bad for recruiting? So players aren't going to come here because they can't video group sex?

I dont think this will hurt recruiting, much.  I say much, because I can only see it hurting if the family or player who is being recruited asks about how this whole thing went down(or did their own research).

Sure, players shouldnt have video taped what went down, but the school also didnt give a frick about getting this resolved.