Proud of our Billikens

Just now, slufan13 said:

We talk a lot about how the administration is screwing over the 3 suspended players but we don't talk enough about how this debacle of an investigation has screwed the players who are allowed to play. Seeing them compete night in and night out with everyone from the refs to their own school trying to keep them down is great to see. This season was taken away from them by the administration but they give it their all to represent that same school. I appreciate this team.

25 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

We talk a lot about how the administration is screwing over the 3 suspended players but we don't talk enough about how this debacle of an investigation has screwed the players who are allowed to play. Seeing them compete night in and night out with everyone from the refs to their own school trying to keep them down is great to see. This season was taken away from them by the administration but they give it their all to represent that same school. I appreciate this team.

This is true for every player but especially for Roby. He joined this team the year after the multiple NCAAT appearances and joined a nightmare. He plays his first three years and becomes a leader his junior year. Then we get great recruits and transfers, he finally had a chance. With the suspension, it must be really hard for him knowing he may never see a winning season

NH likes this

This was one of the best efforts I ever saw in person. What I wonder about is what the deal is with DJ Foreman. A few games this year he has looked amazing running the floor and dominant on top of that 1-3-1 zone, but then he vanishes for weeks. Not sure if it is matchups, injuries, etc but we need a lot more of tonights DJ this year and next.

And is Elliot ever actually going to play?

51 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

This was one of the best efforts I ever saw in person. What I wonder about is what the deal is with DJ Foreman. A few games this year he has looked amazing running the floor and dominant on top of that 1-3-1 zone, but then he vanishes for weeks. Not sure if it is matchups, injuries, etc but we need a lot more of tonights DJ this year and next.

And is Elliot ever actually going to play?

I'm beginning to think seeing Wellmer is as likely as seeing the S2 guys. 

It's to bad I think he could be a nice player. I just don't think his body is going to allow it.

10 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

This is true for every player but especially for Roby. He joined this team the year after the multiple NCAAT appearances and joined a nightmare. He plays his first three years and becomes a leader his junior year. Then we get great recruits and transfers, he finally had a chance. With the suspension, it must be really hard for him knowing he may never see a winning season

I agree.  Roby could have had a breakout senior year as a great second or third option on a team with guards like Goodwin and Adonys and Bishop and Graves...... 

4 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Hey Joe .....blow some of your considerable smoke and sunshine up some of the "skirts" in the boardroom and apply some pressure to those that lounge around DuBourg to MAKE A DECISION!  Then we can all be proud of you too!

great post taj.   this whole s2  has soured me considerably on the billikens.   not only has the administration and the board shown they really dont care about the program and what is really fair they arrogantly have allowed this thing to drag out far longer than even the krafty procedures document.   then they all claim it is out of their hands as they have contracted the situation to be administrated by a third party.   excuse me, any business person knows that contracting a job to a third party doesnt give the decision process away.   slu is still the boss and surely isnt foolish enough to allow the contractor to tell them what to do.   advise?  sure.   but total decision making should not have been given away.  

if it is the attorney's on either (or both sides) dragging this out, if slu has an ounce of public relations sense why wouldnt they call out the attorney's accordingly?   for the life of me, i cannot see how this has dragged on over 100 days when it is a pure he said she said situation wth a video in hand to show what happened.   it is so unfair to the alumni, the team, and most importantly the concerned parties of the claim to have this drag on like this.   the program again has taken two steps backwards and assuming the worst is about to happen and we will lose our three players we start over again and are at least the 3 months plus behind to recruit the needed replacements.   it's a travesty that we dont have a decision so coach ford can move forward.

come on billikenswim.   make a decison and let's get this behind us so the program can try to start to recover.   meanwhile every painful game we are forced to sit through we as fans, boosters and benefactors lose more and more interest.   

make a decision.

thetorch and JMM28 like this

Richmond is a uniquely terrible a10 team this year.

The situation is depressing and reveals how awful the program is. I am well and truly soured on the administration and program. It is getting more and more difficult to keep going to games. If SLU cannot be accountable and get its act together, I ultimately will stop going. The president and administration ought to be ashamed over this, but we all know they couldnt care less.

I really like the guys who are throwing in whatever they have in spite of the multiple layers of failure that is being endured. Particular shoutout to goodwin and french, who are freshmen putting their emotions on the line to be leaders in the middle of this "rolling disaster"

Pestello is a grown ass man. How about some accountability?