GDT - SLU v. LaSalle

SluSignGuy

4 minutes ago, CoachSpoon said:

You f$&cks really think that Aaron Hines is what’s wrong with this team? It would seem that’s what you think judging by the Hines hatred in all the previous post. Down by 30 and you complaining about him shooting! Really.

Yes

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CoachSpoon said:

You f$&cks really think that Aaron Hines is what’s wrong with this team? It would seem that’s what you think judging by the Hines hatred in all the previous post. Down by 30 and you complaining about him shooting! Really.

You disgrace coach Spoonhour with your garbage.

Nobody is blaming the season on Aaron Hines and most understand that Hines has won some games for the team.

But this is Aaron Hines on most games and there is frustration.

You just want to cause trouble by exaggerating what the fans are thinking.

Our team is being blown out by 30 plus and we are still here with the team, where have you been troll?

Strong first post.

2 minutes ago, CoachSpoon said:

Are we saying take Hines and Roby off the team and they’re in the tournament? Is that what we’re saying?

We are saying you are a troll and disgrace coach Spoonhour's name.

Strong 2 post.

We scored 60 and gave up a horrible 83.

Out rebounded 42-34 only 4 assists shot 32 percent.

I have to also ask what the hell Ford's problem was today?  No fire.  No spunk.  No timeouts.  No coaching.  No nothing.  Why not burn all four timeouts trying to stem the first half run?  You didn't use them or need them in the second half.

Well, on the upside, we ended the game on a 16-7 run. So that means in less than 11% of game time, we scored 27% of our points. :wacko:Hines 0-10 from the field. When your offense generates nothing and there's 5 seconds left on the clock, someone has to shoot. It's usually Hines. The bigger problem is why does our offense generate nothing?

3 minutes ago, CoachSpoon said:

This is no reference to Spoonhour you silly f$ck. This is my name. First post or not. What I see is that you’re acting like Hines is this teams problem. 6 of the 8 guys are Ford recruits. The 3 suspended players would make no difference at all. 3rd Post now.

Strong 3rd post. Go away.

1 minute ago, CoachSpoon said:

This is no reference to Spoonhour you silly f$ck. This is my name. First post or not. What I see is that you’re acting like Hines is this teams problem. 6 of the 8 guys are Ford recruits. The 3 suspended players would make no difference at all. 3rd Post now.

So your a coach posting garbage like this using language like that trolling a site, strong 3 post.

If you could read coach I posted  that Aaron Hines won some games for the team this season.

If you knew anything about SLU sports Coach Spoon to the Billiken fans is coach Spoonhour so it is not silly to anyone but you.

I really feel bad for the kids you coach.

I didn't watch the game (thankfully), but my continued observation is that there are very few teams who can survive losing their top 3 outside shooters and penetrators. It sucks, but it is what it is for now. The only hope is that the players come back before the end of conference play, and we make run in the conference tourney. Otherwise, if they aren't expelled, they might as well sit out the season and start fresh next year. Graves would actually gain a semester of eligibility by doing so. 

Travis says to say he's disappointed is an understatement. Give LaSalle credit, they played extremely well. Kind of blaming the players questioning their readiness coming off Christmas break. Says that we're in Philadelphia but some of our players are still in St. Louis. Says LaSalle played at a different speed, looked like we were in mud.

Never had one run in us, Goodwin made things happen but no one else did. We missed 49 shots including free throws and one guy got 8 of our 12 offensive boards. "It's the old, we played really bad and they played really, really well. We could've played really well today and might not have won. We don't have anyone who can stop a Pookie Powell. You can only hope he misses, we have to regroup fast, it's disappointing."

How to regroup? "Watch film, show them all the mistakes they made, they've got to bring their best, I have to do a better job of getting these guys mentally ready. If you're not going to score, you've got to do something. We had too many zeros in too many columns. We have to outhustle and outwork teams. We're not going to outscore teams(stating the obvious that we have to score more points than them to win games.")