Other games

brianstl

In this three way tie, all three teams are a composite 1 and 1, webeat Joes, VCU beat us,the Joeys beat VCU.  Then you revert to the top of the standings and which team beat the highest seeded team.  That would be St. Joe's taking down #1 Rhodey.  They win this tie breaker and get fourth (if that is the prize).  Then it's a two way and that is head-to-head and VCU beat us.  VCU is the five and we are the six.  I believe.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

In this three way tie, all three teams are a composite 1 and 1, webeat Joes, VCU beat us,the Joeys beat VCU.  Then you revert to the top of the standings and which team beat the highest seeded team.  That would be St. Joe's taking down #1 Rhodey.  They win this tie breaker and get fourth (if that is the prize).  Then it's a two way and that is head-to-head and VCU beat us.  VCU is the five and we are the six.  I believe.

Balls!  That is how I was interpreting it as well.  That means we definitely need to been both Dukes and Bonnies.

7 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I got as far as the 1-1 head to head, and then quit.  GM could get in the mix at 10-8 too but VCU would drop out.  It could also go into four way scenario at 9-9.  Weird.

As I said in the "One Month Out" thread, projecting this league down the stretch is an exercise in futility.  Rhodey was favored tonight by 14.  It was an obvious trap game and they ate it.  I can also see Davidson beating them Friday.  If Davidson can win at Olean tonight, look out.  Luckily, Rhodey has clinched the regular season title.  Friday's game is at Davidson.

We need to win tomorrow, badly.   We will know all we need to know come Saturday's tip.

In a three way tie with Mason over VCU, Mason is 3 and 0 and gets fourth.  We get fifth based on beating the Joeys.

We could drop all the way to 9 and 9 which then might bring Dayton and Richmond into play.  I think the Joeys are a lock for ten league wins right now as the close hosting La Salle but who knows, it is also a Big Five rivalry game.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

As I said in the "One Month Out" thread, projecting this league down the stretch is an exercise in futility.  Rhodey was favored tonight by 14.  It was an obvious trap game and they ate it.  I can also see Davidson beating them Friday.  If Davidson can win at Olean tonight, look out.  Luckily, Rhodey has clinched the regular season title.  Friday's game is at Davidson.

We need to win tomorrow, badly.   We will know all we need to know come Saturday's tip.

Six teams still could end up at 9-9. 

STJ is (9-8).  Pick up an L v LaSalle,  9-9

STL is (9-7), loose 2, 9-9

GM is (8-8), W v VCU, L v Richmond, 9-9

VCU is (8-8), L v GM, W v Fordham, 9-9

Dayton is (7-9), W v LaSalle, W v GW, 9-9

Richmond is (7-9), W v UMass, W v GM 9-9

Care to do the tie breakers?

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Six teams still could end up at 9-9. 

STJ is (9-8).  Pick up an L v LaSalle,  9-9

STL is (9-7), loose 2, 9-9

GM is (8-8), W v VCU, L v Richmond, 9-9

VCU is (8-8), L v GM, W v Fordham, 9-9

Dayton is (7-9), W v LaSalle, W v GW, 9-9

Richmond is (7-9), W v UMass, W v GM 9-9

Care to do the tie breakers?

50/50!!!

Yikes ... I will do my best ....

If the above Hoosier situation comes true, and we have a six-way tie at 9 and 9, the records there between the six combined are this:

St. Joe's is 3 and 3; SLU is 4 and 3; Mason is 6 and 2; VCU is 3 and 5; Dayton is 3 and 4; and Richmond is 3 and 5.  In that mini-league, Mason wins and is the four.  Then you start over and eliminate the Mason games in the match ups.  The Joey's go to 3 and 1; SLU to 4 and 2; VCU to 2 and 4; Dayton to 3 and 4, and Richmond at 2 and 4.  That means the Joey's get five because .750 trumps .667.  Take the Joeys out and SLU is 2 and 2, VCU is 2 and 3, Dayton is 3 and 3, and Richmond is 2 and 3.  Dayton gets sixth because in the A10 rationale, a three-wins .500 record is better than our two-wins .500 record.  This leaves SLU, VCU and Richmond and SLU cops seventh at 2 and 1, leaving Richmond in eighth because of a season sweep of VCU making VCU ninth.

Summary;  if Hoosier's world comes true = Mason, St. Joe's, Dayton, SLU, Richmond, VCU.  I don't think La Salle beats the Joeys at Hagan.  If Mason wins at VCU, I don't see them losing at home to Richmond.  I don't see VCU losing at home to Mason.  And I didn't see Rhodey get SMOKED by 30 at HOME to the Joey's.  So again, buckle up ... Madness starst in February ..... like Christmas decorations in the malls in October.

HoosierPal likes this

I think St. B winning last night was good for the Bills. This sets up the Sat game as a trap...After an exhausting game , where the Bonnies left it all on the floor and clinched 2nd place there will be a natural let up. This bodes well for the Bills. It is true St. B is not a shoo in for the Dance ( I have them as a bubble team) but I think after their last win they will be looking toward an easier game with SLU and then onto  the A-10 tourney .  I had St. B winning last night by 3....so I was feeling pretty good about that one...BUT THEN..........

RI vs St. J....What's up with that?...I had RI winning at home by 13 and they get smoked by 30....In other threads over the years I have talked about "the game"...that game where everything falls together and you meet or exceed your potential (for the Bills this year it was the  VT game) Well last night it was St. J . But there was more to it than just that . "The game" also has another side....a downside ...where nothing goes right ...you play terrible and you lose to a team that you should beat even though the opposing team just played their average game. Last night St. J had "the game"....52/62/76....a 180+ game....52+ 62 + 76=190 AND  RI had "the game" too ...on the downside....28 /10 /50.  This was worse than even the Bills F rated offense as RI shot 3-29 from the arc. They must have had the Ram shooting. Again it is not unusual for a team to have the good game or the bad game once a season....but it is unusual when both happen in the same game. That's why they play the games.

This also puts RI in a bad way now. They will be dancing in March but they may be setting up a 3 game losing streak....They will not be favored in the next game ...Dav by 1...Then a long wait against a team that will be trying for some post season glory...even if they win that 3rd game...the next game will most likely be against Dav or St. B  ( or the Bills). 

Bottom line...RI has already damaged their seed and could suffer more damage in the coming days......If the Bills could lock down that 4th place finish then..................

Realtime rpi has st bonnie at 21st this morning.   no way that is a bubble team.  barring losing out the rest of the way, st bonnie is in imo.  davidson is close to a bubble nit team though if we want to look at possible A10 bubble teams.   

11 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Is there a typo on ESPN? It says St. Joe 78-48 over Rhody at Rhody. This true????

Should have looked back a page. That’s a crazy result.

That URI game was crazy. Couldn't believe what I was watching. Clearly they weren't ready on senior day. They did their big ceremony prior to the game. Hurley was crying. Clearly the whole team wasn't ready to flip on the switch and play. The announcer said more and more teams are doing what RM did - do the ceremonies after the game, for this very reason. 

if the fans stayed in their seats to truly respect and pay tribute to the seniors i would be fine with that, but 2/3 of the billiken fan base is just worried about getting out of the parking lots/garages and are leaving as the ceremony is going on.   not fair to the seniors.   

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Realtime rpi has st bonnie at 21st this morning.   no way that is a bubble team.  barring losing out the rest of the way, st bonnie is in imo.  davidson is close to a bubble nit team though if we want to look at possible A10 bubble teams.   

St. B might be a bubble team if we beat them twice.

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

St. B might be a bubble team if we beat them twice.

we lost by about 400 points in New York last game.   i assume you mean in the championship of the conference tourney as our "second" win vs st bonnie.   which of course would mean that st bonnie won a couple of games prior to that as well.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

if the fans stayed in their seats to truly respect and pay tribute to the seniors i would be fine with that, but 2/3 of the billiken fan base is just worried about getting out of the parking lots/garages and are leaving as the ceremony is going on.   not fair to the seniors.   

That's on the fans. It's up to the coach to do what he thinks gives the team the best chance to win.