So no Gillman or Neufeld last night

BLIKNS

8 hours ago, Soderball said:

It would be a crime to waste these scholarships.

Psimitis played over them because Psimitis is BETTER. He had a nice drive and got fouled, something which Gillman and especially Neufeld(who is likely the worst Billiken of all time, without the attitude of BJ)

Neufeld is definitely gone. Gillman will be a senior and is a local kid, but I hope he moves on too. He can pay his tuition next year, like the rest of the student body who also lack superhuman basketball skills.

I can't believe that you people can talk about young kids like this. You probably jobless or wife-less .... if you do have a life, it's probably pitiful...or full of hate and lust.. I will also bet that you are not a nice person... how can you be to wish bad on those kids..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, davidnark said:

This is one of the most speculative and in some ways irresponsible threads in recent memory. To my knowledge, no one has knowledge of Gillmann's plans next year (or Ford's plans for him), no one on here has any knowledge of his grades (although only Bartley, Neufeld, and Crawford were on the last two student honor rolls), and no one has any knowledge of any interest of any Ivy League school in admitting or recruiting him to transfer. In fact, it would be against NCAA rules to do so. The only thing we no is that Gillmann may or may not be back with SLU next year, and the staff will plan accordingly. 

Probably more reckless. 

Also, please use the proper form of "know."

From July 3, 2013:

"Austin Gillmann: Oakville, Oakville, MO - C: 6-11, 200. Offers: SLU, Illinois State, North Dakota. Interest: Xavier, Indiana, Illinois, Wichita State, Yale, Bucknell, Lehigh, Elon. Latest (6/29): Gillmann picked up offers from SLU and North Dakota. Previous: Gillmann visited SLU in early May. He has also visited Xavier. He is a legitimate 6-11, but needs to add serious strength. He was a double-double machine his junior season at Oakville and has played well this spring in AAU ball. Scout lists his strengths as academics, shot blocking, post moves, and mid-range jumper, and his weaknesses as strength, ball handling, and finishing at the basket. Twitter: @AUSTIN__g"

I had written in a couple places that I saw a Yale offer, but I'm not sure it came in by the time he had committed to SLU. I really thought so, but am having trouble confirming 3-4 years after the fact.

Also, Yale played at SLU on 1/4/14 and brought two STL kids home in the process: Javier Duren was a senior at Oakville when Austin Gillmann was a freshman. Will Childs-Klein was a 6-11 center from Ladue.

FWIW, reckless speculation is what makes fans fans.

And I don't think this speculation is reckless so much as reading the very obvious writing on the wall. If you're 6-11 and can't get minutes over two walk-ons in a blowout, you might as well start making some phone calls.

10 hours ago, CoachK said:

I can't believe that you people can talk about young kids like this. You probably jobless or wife-less .... if you do have a life, it's probably pitiful...or full of hate and lust.. I will also bet that you are not a nice person... how can you be to wish bad on those kids..

Get off your pedestal and look in the mirror you have faults too and the best example of you fault is your baseless accusations of jobless, wifeless, pitiful, hate and lust.

You are projecting what you say on the posters you have the hateful talk not the posters see top sentence.

I am careful about what I say about the players it was a promise I made to myself when joining this site and at times may have fell short of my promise but I do my best.

There are great posters on this site that give their opinions on players it is not what I would say about them but I value their opinion and some have set me straight about players.  I will stick up for Soderball who attends games home and away and is a great fan of Billiken Basketball.

My feeling is that most on this site are not any of the vile things you said however I know what you are based on the vile thing you said.

11 hours ago, CoachK said:

Oh man, how did I miss this? Some solid lines for a new poster here.

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

FWIW, reckless speculation is what makes fans fans.

And I don't think this speculation is reckless so much as reading the very obvious writing on the wall. If you're 6-11 and can't get minutes over two walk-ons in a blowout, you might as well start making some phone calls.

Well to be fair the two walk-ons were guards and Gilman is not so not sure that that is a fair criticism.

3 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

He's got me pegged. Jobless, (retired), wifeless (happily single lo these many years), full of hate for trolls and lusting for some more trips to the dance.

Well, there's the other source of your out-of-control lust.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Well to be fair the two walk-ons were guards and Gilman is not so not sure that that is a fair criticism.

Okay, well then let's frame it another way: they're competing with nobody for minutes. They're our two centers. Neither can get in a game anymore. That's even worse than playing behind walk-ons, right?

27 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

:lol:I dunno. The married guys always thought I was getting more than they were. To hear them talk, maybe I was.

I'd better not touch that one.

Lust away!

13 hours ago, CoachK said:

69e142e8ebb78dea5b68fa5a1b51dbddc98a2b5c22717d5c0b7cf77c4033aa8d.jpg

39 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Okay, well then let's frame it another way: they're competing with nobody for minutes. They're our two centers. Neither can get in a game anymore. That's even worse than playing behind walk-ons, right?

Based on playing time, I think it is safe to conclude that Ford does not see a future for these two guys in the program.

Well ! I just got this blog all excited! I may had gotten under the skin of a few. My intention was to share my feelings to one in particular... But I am now glad I didn't write it like I ment it. Maybe this might make you guys have some sympathy for these kids that are keeping you entertained ... good people wish kids the best. regardless of if they are good or bad. Wishing Ford get rid of and run of players is heartless. Ford ent no dam Dean Smith! He barely JC!

I lost respect for him after I saw him throwing the kids under the bus ...

Good coaches don't say things like "we are the most unathletic team in the American " he keep talking about transfers who can't play until next year. 

What about trying to coach and develop the guys who are here ... how about trying to win now. What's wrong with that?

One more thing. I believe that Bishop will transfer. Do you really think that he is hurt smh.. 

You guys might have you wish and have almost a clean roster with only a few Crews guys. Roby, Elliott and Maybe Zeke Moore ( that's if he doesn't run the FRESHMAN off.) 

I am sorry I can't like that... 

BTW I like Pistol.... he didn't yell at me ?

One more thing... kiss my white ass lmao

2 minutes ago, CoachK said:

Well ! I just got this blog all excited! I may had gotten under the skin of a few. My intention was to share my feelings to one in particular... But I am now glad I didn't write it like I ment it. Maybe this might make you guys have some sympathy for these kids that are keeping you entertained ... good people wish kids the best. regardless of if they are good or bad. Wishing Ford get rid of and run of players is heartless. Ford ent no dam Dean Smith! He barely JC!

Good coaches don't say things like "we are the most unathletic team in the American " he keep talking about transfers who can't play until next year. 

What about trying to coach and develop the guys who are here ... how about trying to win now. What's wrong with that?

One more thing. I believe that Bishop will transfer. Do you really think that he is hurt smh.. 

You guys might have you wish and have almost a clean roster with only a few Crews guys. Roby, Elliott and Maybe Zeke Moore ( that's if he doesn't run the FRESHMAN off.) 

You've got to be kidding!  Coach Ford isn't a hall-of-fame coach yet — and there's no guarantee he'll ever be — but he's better than Coach Crews, and it isn't even close.  (And I liked Jim Crews, the man.)  Moreover, Ford hasn't thrown anyone under the bus.  By saying, "we lack athleticism [compared to teams who compete at the highest level]," he's throwing the team under the bus?!  Get real!  It's the truth.  This team may not be as athletic as many high school teams.  Now, Coach Majerus — he could throw players under the bus!

I agree that it would be nice if posters wouldn't seek to get rid of players, but major college basketball is entertainment, and if entertainers don't deliver, they don't prosper.  These players are open to criticism; that's part of their business.

You, on the other hand, are obviously itching to be tied to a short leash.

40 minutes ago, CoachK said:

he keep talking about transfers who can't play until next year. 

He does because he constantly has to sell the upside of the program in future years to ticket buyers and recruits.  A big part of being a D1 college head coach is being a salesman.

Even the greatest chefs can't turn chicken Shiite into chicken salad.

33 minutes ago, CoachK said:

Lmao? Are you a teenage girl?