So no Gillman or Neufeld last night

BLIKNS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, CoachK said:

Well ! I just got this blog all excited! I may had gotten under the skin of a few. My intention was to share my feelings to one in particular... But I am now glad I didn't write it like I ment it. Maybe this might make you guys have some sympathy for these kids that are keeping you entertained ... good people wish kids the best. regardless of if they are good or bad. Wishing Ford get rid of and run of players is heartless. Ford ent no dam Dean Smith! He barely JC!

I lost respect for him after I saw him throwing the kids under the bus ...

Good coaches don't say things like "we are the most unathletic team in the American " he keep talking about transfers who can't play until next year. 

What about trying to coach and develop the guys who are here ... how about trying to win now. What's wrong with that?

One more thing. I believe that Bishop will transfer. Do you really think that he is hurt smh.. 

You guys might have you wish and have almost a clean roster with only a few Crews guys. Roby, Elliott and Maybe Zeke Moore ( that's if he doesn't run the FRESHMAN off.) 

I am sorry I can't like that... 

BTW I like Pistol.... he didn't yell at me ?

One more thing... kiss my white ass lmao

Disregarding, literally, everything else. I have also speculated that Bishop might have decided to transfer. However, this is based on some ignorance, I'm not sure how critical his injury has really been and I'm not sure the rules on the medical red shirt. 

Anyone think I'm insane?

46 minutes ago, CoachK said:

Well ! I just got this blog all excited! I may had gotten under the skin of a few. My intention was to share my feelings to one in particular... But I am now glad I didn't write it like I ment it. Maybe this might make you guys have some sympathy for these kids that are keeping you entertained ... good people wish kids the best. regardless of if they are good or bad. Wishing Ford get rid of and run of players is heartless. Ford ent no dam Dean Smith! He barely JC!

Good coaches don't say things like "we are the most unathletic team in the American " he keep talking about transfers who can't play until next year. 

What about trying to coach and develop the guys who are here ... how about trying to win now. What's wrong with that?

One more thing. I believe that Bishop will transfer. Do you really think that he is hurt smh.. 

You guys might have you wish and have almost a clean roster with only a few Crews guys. Roby, Elliott and Maybe Zeke Moore ( that's if he doesn't run the FRESHMAN off.) 

You complain about a poster and then write kiss my white blank.

Why did you bring race into it?

It is time to ban the troll with no class .

I promise the message board not to give the classless troll any more attention.

Please remind me the function on the board to ignore?

4 minutes ago, LongLiveLisch said:

Disregarding, literally, everything else. I have also speculated that Bishop might have decided to transfer. However, this is based on some ignorance, I'm not sure how critical his injury has really been and I'm not sure the rules on the medical red shirt. 

Anyone think I'm insane?

High ankle sprains have been notoriously troublesome for many athletes, especially those who have to make quick lateral moves.  They take a rather long time to fully heal.  And that's for non-athletes!

I'm pretty sure Bishop exceeded the amount of play this season that would permit granting a medical hardship to preserve a year of eligibility.  When players suffer a season-ending injury before a certain small percentage of that season's games have been played, they can apply for a medical hardship, but that's usually only a few games.

Basically, to think Jermaine is faking this injury to be able to transfer and still be a sophomore somewhere is inane, because it's not possible.

How does Coach K know he threw the transfers off the bus? Evidence and facts please. Not saying he's glad they're gone but I've not heard he handed them a pink slip. If he did, why didn't Gillman get one?

Coaches get paid to win. If that entails taking back a scholie or two or three to upgrade what's got to be one of the weakest D1 rosters in the country, I'm all for it. I guess the genius Coach K thinks we're loaded with 4-5 star players but are being under coached.

26 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

High ankle sprains have been notoriously troublesome for many athletes, especially those who have to make quick lateral moves.  They take a rather long time to fully heal.  And that's for non-athletes!

I'm pretty sure Bishop exceeded the amount of play this season that would permit granting a medical hardship to preserve a year of eligibility.  When players suffer a season-ending injury before a certain small percentage of that season's games have been played, they can apply for a medical hardship, but that's usually only a few games.

Basically, to think Jermaine is faking this injury to be able to transfer and still be a sophomore somewhere is inane, because it's not possible.

I'm not saying he's faking his injury. More saying that he might not see the benefit of coming back this year because he can save a year of eligibility. 

After looking for an admittedly short time, it seems like the cut-off for medical redshirt is 30% of your team's games. At only 9 games played, it looks like he would meet at least that requirement. 

28 minutes ago, LongLiveLisch said:

I'm not saying he's faking his injury. More saying that he might not see the benefit of coming back this year because he can save a year of eligibility. 

After looking for an admittedly short time, it seems like the cut-off for medical redshirt is 30% of your team's games. At only 9 games played, it looks like he would meet at least that requirement. 

Yes it is 30% for a medical hardship waiver.  With one game in the A-10 guaranteed, the minimum SLU will play is 32 games, so his 9 is under the 30%.  The other part of the equation is that once Jermaine gets out of the boot, and is cleared for basketball activities, it will take some time for him to be able to play effectively.  There are only 7 weeks left in the season.  At some point in time in the next few weeks, if he is not back on the court it makes sense to shut it down.

What you need is a doc to run the records.

2.8.4.3.3 Medical Documentation. Contemporaneous or other appropriate medical documentation, from a physician (a medical doctor) who administered care at the time of the injury or illness, that establishes the student-athlete's inability to compete as a result of that injury or illness shall be submitted with any hardship-waiver request. (Adopted: 4/20/99, Revised: 2/22/01, 7/31/14)

6 minutes ago, LongLiveLisch said:

I didn't think it would be so high as 30 percent.  But the thing is, retaining a year of eligibility through medical hardship doesn't mean he must transfer.  It could be that Coach Ford has a lot of influence in that.  "Jermaine can help us going forward and this year has no real future, so we could have him for three more years after this instead of two."  Ford has said that he doesn't want to rush Bishop back and wants to make sure he has no pain.

I'm not privy to all of the NCAA's requirements on a medical hardship waiver, but I suspect it must be a season-ending injury.  Tearing a ligament requiring surgery or a broken bone leads to a straightforward case, but a sprain?

21 hours ago, CoachK said:

I can't believe that you people can talk about young kids like this. You probably jobless or wife-less .... if you do have a life, it's probably pitiful...or full of hate and lust.. I will also bet that you are not a nice person... how can you be to wish bad on those kids..

Did you get stuck in a wash basin as a child?

4 hours ago, CoachK said:

Here is real evidence, billikens.com!

I don't care about the personal attacks on me.. but he is DEFENDING JIM CREWS. Burn this witch.

22 hours ago, CoachK said:

I can't believe that you people can talk about young kids like this. You probably jobless or wife-less .... if you do have a life, it's probably pitiful...or full of hate and lust.. I will also bet that you are not a nice person... how can you be to wish bad on those kids..

I can't believe you talk about the jobless and wife-less like this.  You probably hate young kids.  How can you be to wish bad on Billiken fans..

5 hours ago, CoachK said:

Ugh, I miss the days of Metz.  At least he was clever in his trolling. 

16 hours ago, HoosierBilliken said:

I can't believe you talk about the jobless and wife-less like this.  You probably hate young kids.  How can you be to wish bad on Billiken fans..

Ugh, I miss the days of Metz.  At least he was clever in his trolling. 

We want Too, too!

I think a good coach would acknowledge that we are playing with a depleted team plagued with injuries and that the players are doing the best they can,  but just cannot do more. Then I think a good coach would mention any players playing well or better than they were before. Of course I am not a coach, so I may be way off base.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think a good coach would acknowledge that we are playing with a depleted team plagued with injuries and that the players are doing the best they can,  but just cannot do more. Then I think a good coach would mention any players playing well or better than they were before. Of course I am not a coach, so I may be way off base.

A good coach would recruit Goodwin and French and Thatch and... oh wait.

Ford has already done those things.

a good coach would not have put Matt Neufeld in this situation. Fire Jim Crews.

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

A good coach would recruit Goodwin and French and Thatch and... oh wait.

Ford has already done those things.

a good coach would not have put Matt Neufeld in this situation. Fire Jim Crews.

Plus the fact two on last years roster transfer to Mo Valley and we're getting Big 10/ACC transfers speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

So, it appears that the job of a head coach is vastly more complex than just recruiting talent and coaching the team. I really have no problems with Ford so far and look forward to next year.

Coach Ford made a statement in a radio interview that his #1 job was to get his student-athletes prepared to leave SLU.  He said by that he meant his goal was for his players to obtain a well rounded education and to grow to responsible adults.  Basketball obviously has a role in that goal.

30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach Ford made a statement in a radio interview that his #1 job was to get his student-athletes prepared to leave SLU.  He said by that he meant his goal was for his players to obtain a well rounded education and to grow to responsible adults.  Basketball obviously has a role in that goal.

Ford's #1 goal is to win, make money, and land the kentucky job.

well okay, top three goals.

those are not mutually exclusive with giving his players their best shot in life, or with being an exceptional person in character and integrity.

To meet those goals it is imperative he builds a successful program during his time here.

The roster has to be purged because two more years of... this.. is beyond unacceptable.

Ford is making the right choices. I have full confidence that the Crews apologists will continue to howl, and the rest of us will enjoy wins.

Don't actually believe "coachspeak"

obviously any coach wants to do that, but wins are far more important.