GM vs SLU GDT

CBFan

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Just consider today a nightmare for you. 

how? they played hard and overcame. showed life. the nightmare has been over for nearly a year. it ended when i started blasting "saints" when i heard Rammer tell me that your boy Crews was gone.

good win for COACH FORD!!!

Well done Bills! Sweated it out listening on my phone. Loved coach's comments about the positive attitude and great work ethic our guys show up with every day. Paid off today and maybe we steal a few more before the year is out.

Jalen looked absolutely monstrous. Nice.

I think the consensus can be agreed that the Neufeld/Gillman three minute sequences can be scrapped. that is long overdue. 7-man rotation is fine.

Hines had 1 to in 40 mins... impressive!

If Ford keeps up this rotation the Bills may squeeze out a couple more.

Nice to see better play lead to the win!

Its been about 2 years since I've been able to feel good without any reservations about a conference win. When we won games last season, I was happy to win, but there was always that concern that every win gave SLU a chance to keep Crews for another year. Now without that concern, I can see wins as nothing but a good thing.

40 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Damn, That speech has me fired up and ret to go. Checking my eligibilify now for walk-on status!!!

40 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Maybe bring Bishop off the bench just to spell Hines. 

You definitely need your leading scorer to return.  You can't run with 7 very long.  At the end of the game today, Reggie was gassed, and Johnson had lost a step due to tired legs. 

Bishop will not be in game shape, maybe not for the rest of the year, so he likely will get spot duty.  Hines has improved nicely the past four or five games.  He still has some growing to do, but his game control is improving.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You definitely need your leading scorer to return.  You can't run with 7 very long.  At the end of the game today, Reggie was gassed, and Johnson had lost a step due to tired legs. 

Bishop will not be in game shape, maybe not for the rest of the year, so he likely will get spot duty.  Hines has improved nicely the past four or five games.  He still has some growing to do, but his game control is improving.

Do you? 

Bishop can play, but i think he is being overhyped. Hines had 1 TO in 40 min. that was a big part of the responsibility for winning this one.

Hines had a couple of exceptional performances last year as well. The Billikens pull off a spectacular upset thanks in no small part to AH getting his act together. this rotation without Bishop has been playing better.

bomble ---- I bagged too as the ice storm cometh.  But I have my tickets for two weeks in Foggy Bottom.  See you then.

First off, the conference bagel is no more.  Yeah us.  Secondly, monster game from Johnson.  Definitely a keeper.  Second, Hines is to be commended.  All 40 minutes and one turnover.  He still does "no, no, no , yes" things but you can't argue with oen turnover in a full game playing against a team that plays 4 guards. Lastly, I'd keep Welmer too.  I think he can be as "relaxing" for the inside as Johnson making threes.

Let's remember, however, that despite Mason being 12 and 5, the announcers said they played the weakest non-con schedule in the entire A10.  So do nothing with that but file it for reference.  Any win for this team is great however and I second whoever noted the guys played hard despite the heartache of the season to date. Saddling Marquise Moore with two fouls in the first  two minutes was huge and led greatly to the 16 point lead.  Moore is not that great but Mason is really weak without him.  Mason coudl very easiyl have run out of gas climbing back out of that hole and it showed late.

Crawford is a warrior kid.He might be the Cassity/Barnett of this year but what he adds to the floor is intangible, despite losing the guy who stripped him late.  I want the ball in his hands late on this team.  Not saying it will work all the time, but that is the only thing we have to a reasonable gamer than anyone else.  Yes, he is injured and might not make the shot, but he will make something happen.  Agbeko is looking better off the bench but Reggie is still Reggie.He'd be better suited as a contributor and not a main player but its all we have.  Roby remains wildly inconsistent.  And it was nice to not see Gillmann and Neufeld out there but as someone said, GM is all guards and they can't play that game at all.

As someone else pointed out, while the trend is up on JJ, but Zeke is headed south.  My fear remains that given he is a Crewsplatt recruit, that's not good.  He shows promise but his supposed strength was as a shooter and a scorer and that part of his game remains undiscovered.  He is athletic, but that's all I got on him.  Still time to improve and show me but not holding my breath just yet.  He looks smooth out there but there are no results.

Glad the guys got a win and we won't post the dreaded bagel.

44 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Bishop can play, but i think he is being overhyped. Hines had 1 TO in 40 min. that was a big part of the responsibility for winning this one.

Hines had a couple of exceptional performances last year as well. The Billikens pull off a spectacular upset thanks in no small part to AH getting his act together. this rotation without Bishop has been playing better.

Sorry but as he has done frequently , he makes a decision that he is going to shoot and follows up that decision with some of the worst drives to the basket that I have seen.  Into  a group of shot blocking bigs under the basket with no chance to score. Those decisions are so bad that they should fall under the TO category. 

Give me Bishop, however, I do appreciate the fact that Hines gave his all for 40 minutes.

Quite a message sent to MN and AG.  They need to hope for foul trouble for EW, JJ and RA if they are going to get off the pine the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

Bishop can play, but i think he is being overhyped.

If calling Bishop our leading scorer is 'overhyping' him then call me guilty.  He IS our leading scorer. 

Bishop at 11.6 ppg then Roby 10.2 ppg and Agbeko 10.1 ppg. 

Throwing our leading scorer under the bus and playing with 7, well, I doubt if Coach Ford agrees with you.

7 minutes ago, bauman said:

Quite a message sent to MN and AG.  They need to hope for foul trouble for EW, JJ and RA if they are going to get off the pine the rest of the year.

George played with mainly 4 guards on the floor today.  GM's forwards played a total of 42 minutes, with guards (all 6'4" or shorter) logging 158 minutes.  Today was as much of a match up issue as it was a 'message'.  I think both players already know what to expect. Today didn't tell them anything different.

36 minutes ago, bauman said:

Sorry but as he has done frequently , he makes a decision that he is going to shoot and follows up that decision with some of the worst drives to the basket that I have seen.  Into  a group of shot blocking bigs under the basket with no chance to score. Those decisions are so bad that they should fall under the TO category. 

Give me Bishop, however, I do appreciate the fact that Hines gave his all for 40 minutes.

Hines tries to force it too often, but after watching Bishop this season I am convinced  he would have turned it over a couple of times own the stretch.