Milik is gone

thetorch

Players were asked/told not to request a release until after a new coach was announced. Seems fair. My guess is that Milik was gone no matter who we brought in.

Here is a thought. Milik should declare for the NBA draft and see if he gets invited to the camp. There is zero down side on this now that the new rule is in effect. A player can declare three times in his college career. The entire KY team has declared so why not Milik? If he makes it to the camp, Milik would get a good view on how he measures up and would get a critique on what he needs to work on. If he doesn't get invited, then that is another message for him.

I would also like to state that the tweet from Milik was classy. It was well thought out and well written. No bridges were burned. Good luck young man.

Players were asked/told not to request a release until after a new coach was announced. Seems fair. My guess is that Milik was gone no matter who we brought in.

Here is a thought. Milik should declare for the NBA draft and see if he gets invited to the camp. There is zero down side on this now that the new rule is in effect. A player can declare three times in his college career. The entire KY team has declared so why not Milik? If he makes it to the camp, Milik would get a good view on how he measures up and would get a critique on what he needs to work on. If he doesn't get invited, then that is another message for him.

I would also like to state that the tweet from Milik was classy. It was well thought out and well written. No bridges were burned. Good luck young man.

Excellent post HoosierPal, fully agree. Milik has a lot to offer and little to lose.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the tweet, he dropped out, right? All classes for this semester are therefore grades of "I" or "W". Which means he accomplished 0 in this semester for the APR going forward right? APR says that students must make "progress" towards a degree each semester and the last time I checked, that progress was further defined as 12 hours per semester or 24 credits per year. All with a cumulative 2.0 (I don't profess to know all the facts so I might be off on some of the numbers) to be eligible. So his first order of business following a transfer-landing decision is into summer school to make up 12 hours of credits. Then he will sit a year at the D1 level and still need another 24 hours of similar grades to become eligible to take the court come 17-18. That's 36 hours of passing classes. I have noidea what kind of a student he was but if he's less than dedicated toclassroomwork, this could be hard. Unless a PE major comes into play.

In the transfer annuls at Saint Louis University, I have three categories ..... The Ricky Frazier division, the Jon Smith division and the JustinJordan/Rueben Cotto division..... great transfer, mediocre transfer, and the disappearing transfer. Right now, I have Milik teethering between Smith and Jordan/Cotto but leaning more towards the latter.. Prove me wrong.

According to the tweet, he dropped out, right? All classes for this semester are therefore grades of "I" or "W". Which means he accomplished 0 in this semester for the APR going forward right? APR says that students must make "progress" towards a degree each semester and the last time I checked, that progress was further defined as 12 hours per semester or 24 credits per year. All with a cumulative 2.0 (I don't profess to know all the facts so I might be off on some of the numbers) to be eligible. So his first order of business following a transfer-landing decision is into summer school to make up 12 hours of credits. Then he will sit a year at the D1 level and still need another 24 hours of similar grades to become eligible to take the court come 17-18. That's 36 hours of passing classes. I have noidea what kind of a student he was but if he's less than dedicated toclassroomwork, this could be hard. Unless a PE major comes into play.

In the transfer annuls at Saint Louis University, I have three categories ..... The Ricky Frazier division, the Jon Smith division and the JustinJordan/Rueben Cotto division..... great transfer, mediocre transfer, and the disappearing transfer. Right now, I have Milik teethering between Smith and Jordan/Cotto but leaning more towards the latter.. Prove me wrong.

Which category would MeMeMe Mcbroom fall in?

McBroom = Jon Smith division. Same with Grandy Glaze. Lancona into the Jordan/Cotto division. I'd say team and individual results get combined. Frazier played on a #1 team at Mizzou and had great numbers. Smith had poor numbers but Ohio University had some decent teams (Groce) and made the Dance. McBroom and Glaze had decent individual numbers but it was only one year and their teams did little.

According to the tweet, he dropped out, right?

I didn't interpret his tweet that way, but now see where it is possible. He said "Today I decided to withdraw from SLU". Could be effective now or could be effective end of the semester. He really didn't say. Someone on campus might be able to tell us which way it is.

Unless his grades are bad, it would be a shame to withdraw with what, six weeks left in the semester.

I don't know why everyone came to the conclusion that Malik simply dropped out of class because he is transferring schools. That would require Malik having even worse judgement than he does on the court. I doubt he has left SLU entirely. If he doesn't finish out the semester what other D-1 school would take him?

I don't know why everyone came to the conclusion that Malik simply dropped out of class because he is transferring schools. That would require Malik having even worse judgement than he does on the court. I doubt he has left SLU entirely. If he doesn't finish out the semester what other D-1 school would take him?

I'm puzzled, then, by the "today" part of his statement.

I'm puzzled, then, by the "today" part of his statement.

My initial reading was that "Today I requested my release to withdraw from SLU". Then I assumed he meant he would leave at the end of the semester. It is not uncommon for an athlete to get his release in hand but still attend classes for the rest of the semester.

Someone on campus needs to let us know.

Milik's SLU legacy is finishing 9th in Freshman Rebounds and tieing Lisch for Freshman Points.

I will remember him more for creating his own play: the Milik coast-to-coast which always ended with a blocked shot or dribble of his foot turnover out of bounds. It was always a tremendous momentum killer

I will remember him more for creating his own play: the Milik coast-to-coast which always ended with a blocked shot or dribble of his foot turnover out of bounds. It was always a tremendous momentum killer

Now that's not entirely accurate. There was sometimes the Player Control Foul.

Malik perfected the bowling ball drive. He would get the ball at the other end. Drive the length of the court and crash into however many pins( opposing players) were waiting for him. Inevitably in the process he would lose the ball, get called for a charge, or throw up a prayer. On rare occasions none of those things happened and he got a basket. However, it was always exciting to see him plow into the opposing teams defense and knock over a few pins.

• 3 weeks later...

All I know is I heard Ford say no more to his knowledge a few days after MR announced he was leaving so whoever said 2 more may be someone who knows nothing but thinks they do.

Or one of those guys changed his mind at the end of the day. There are a few posters on this board who are fairly well connected (I am certainly not one of those), so just because they said 3 guys intended to transfer and only 2 did does not mean they have no idea what they are talking about.