Sweet 16

almaman

-anyone have thoughts on the Coach K talk with the Oregon player? I heard two sides of it, Coach K being a teacher so that makes it okay but I fall entirely on the side of don't coach/teach kids on another team, if you want to say something in this instance tell Altman

-that said I don't like the antics after making a 3 pointer or a block or a lot of that showing up the opponents stuff but not sure how to crack down on it

-I guess at a young age I'm turning into an old fuddy duddy, get off my lawn!

-anyone have thoughts on the Coach K talk with the Oregon player? I heard two sides of it, Coach K being a teacher so that makes it okay but I fall entirely on the side of don't coach/teach kids on another team, if you want to say something in this instance tell Altman

-that said I don't like the antics after making a 3 pointer or a block or a lot of that showing up the opponents stuff but not sure how to crack down on it

-I guess at a young age I'm turning into an old fuddy duddy, get off my lawn!

For me, this goes back to the Cam Newton stuff. If you don't want to see someone showboat, don't let him beat you. Coach K needs to be taken down a peg. He's a great coach, but he walks around like he's some kind of god.

Coach K can go himself. Sore loser. He makes $9 million per year and can't take the excitement from an unpaid player? Then he lies about having said something to the kid, and has to apologize after he's shown video and audio of the exchange? Pathetic.

Oregon player is pumped because his team is in the closing minute of a decisive win over Duke. Shot clock is running out - take the shot, not the turnover. If it were just the game clock, let it wear out. Plus, Altman told him to shoot!

I'd have been excited, too. Anyone would. Enjoy the moment, have some fun. It's a game.

Coach K can go ###### himself. Sore loser. He makes $9 million per year and can't take the excitement from an unpaid player? Then he lies about having said something to the kid, and has to apologize after he's shown video and audio of the exchange? Pathetic.

Oregon player is pumped because his team is in the closing minute of a decisive win over Duke. Shot clock is running out - take the shot, not the turnover. If it were just the game clock, let it wear out. Plus, Altman told him to shoot!

I'd have been excited, too. Anyone would. Enjoy the moment, have some fun. It's a game.

Perfectly stated. He's the worst!

I had heard there was some dust-up with Coach K and an opposing player but I didn't know what it was about. Good lord, what a tool!

When we were having our winning years, Coach Crews wouldn't let the Bills shoot at the end of a game even if the shot clock was gonna expire. We took the turnover. It didn't really annoy me until an opposing team's unguarded player put in a three during our losing years.

My opinion, in a game with a shot clock, SHOOT the damned ball.

I am a fan of players celebrating as long as the player is a hardworking gym rat or coach on the floor type of player...

Coach K likely has no business lecturing an opposing player like that regardless of what the kid did. Worry about your little head Grayson Allen.

I am a fan of players celebrating as long as the player is a hardworking gym rat or coach on the floor type of player...

Coach K likely has no business lecturing an opposing player like that regardless of what the kid did. Worry about your little ###### head Grayson Allen.

-that's the other part, if another coach said something to a Duke player I speculate that K would flip out, completely flip out and the analysts would back him on that, too

I had heard there was some dust-up with Coach K and an opposing player but I didn't know what it was about. Good lord, what a tool!

When we were having our winning years, Coach Crews wouldn't let the Bills shoot at the end of a game even if the shot clock was gonna expire. We took the turnover. It didn't really annoy me until an opposing team's unguarded player put in a three during our losing years.

My opinion, in a game with a shot clock, SHOOT the damned ball.

Same clown who talked trash about the A-10 then got knocked out in the first round by the Atlantic Sun contender.

Good for him to apologize, but absolutely uncalled for for him to talk trash after the game.

You just have to love sportswriters. Andrew Beaton (I didn't make that name up) offered this incredible insight in the Wall Street Journal yesterday: "North Carolina, its Final Four opponent, overcomes defensive deficiencies by trying to outscore all of its opponents."