GDT: Masonic Ritual

bonwich

On a team full of guards, starting and playing a walk on guard significant minutes is an admission of failure as a recruiter and talent evaluator. This was probably the last winnable game on the schedule and it was a 13 point loss at home. Pathetic. Everyone involved with this team should be embarrassed at the level they allowed the program to fall. Pestello, May, Crews, Bronson, etc.

Can we really blame Pestello yet? His blame will come if Crews is still the head coach 2 weeks after seasons end.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad because we recruited some selfish guys who don't seem to get the concept of team ball and defense. i can't stand watching MY play. I come to see Reynolds and Crawford--those guys care. Ash seems to have lost his focus; Roby is not thinking. But at least Crews has benched MY.

Announced Attendance: 7,022.

At least 2,000 of whom were there to see the baby race. (Judging by the field, there could have been that many relatives there. They even had to add a second gate at post time.)

Did we uphold the tradition of having at least a few board offspring and/or grandkids there?

-I was pleasantly shocked at the crowd for this game considering the cold, results to date and playoff football

-too bad they watched that

-whoever said this is the worst defense they have seen a SLU team play I have to agree

-will be interesting to see how the coaches and players deal with this level of dumpster fire

If Crews is still the coach two weeks after the season ends I will be shocked. From what a little birdie told me he will be gone before then. This is a team that has no clue what to do and that is only a failure at the top.

Cheese, end of the month?? We have a week break then. Would seem like the logical time if they do it before end of the year. I would be shocked if he is gone before the season is over.

-I was pleasantly shocked at the crowd for this game considering the cold, results to date and playoff football

-too bad they watched that

-whoever said this is the worst defense they have seen a SLU team play I have to agree

-will be interesting to see how the coaches and players deal with this level of dumpster fire

Totally agree

It has to be obvious even to the casual observer, Crews has lost this team. Even if he found it, we'd still be bad due to a severe lack of talent. Pestillo and May should be having a meeting tonight, because this is truly embarrassing for a program that appeared to be on the rise.

We know SLU moves in mysterious and cautious ways, so it's hard to predict what actions, if any, they'll take now or even at season's end. Our best hope may be that Crews pulls the plug on himself. This has to be weighing heavy on his shoulders as well, unless he's so greedy all he cares about is his check. Of course, he's not getting any heat from the local media, which seems to indicate they really don't give one flying f$&k about SLU hoops. One thing's for sure, if he does survive the term of his contract, he'll be a wreck because the next two years will be worse than the last two.

Cheese, end of the month?? We have a week break then. Would seem like the logical time if they do it before end of the year. I would be shocked if he is gone before the season is over.

When the season is over - last game of the season. I have no idea if he will be gone before the last game or a day or two after but I doubt it will be as long as 2 weeks.

The program has gotten so low that there are no winnable games at home, how can this be? SLU must beat most of the lower division teams at home but they cannot, and that is so hard to understand. This team is like a baseball team that has poor starting pitching, the team is always playing from behind from the start of the game. 92 points to George Mason and doing that at home is inexcusable. I thought at one time that the commenters were exaggerating how bad this team is by saying this is the worst team ever. This is one of worst teams and the commenters that said it had good insight of what was going on.

Absurd

True, but he can't do any worse than Crews at this point, can he?

The whole coaching staff needs to be cleared out. This program needs a complete overhaul. Majerus had a car completely fixed up, had a brand new V6 engine put in, and had it all ready to go. It just needed a capable driver after Rick got sick. Someone who could keep it in good condition while making necessary repairs and occasional improvements. He might get some nicks and scratches along the way, but as long as he kept it in mostly decent condition then someone else could come in down the road and take the wheel without having to construct a whole new car...

Jim Crews has gone and totaled the car. It is beyond repair. We have to start all over and build one from scratch.

Loved the uniforms. In other good news, we are at 262 on kenpom. St. Francis Brooklyn only 17 spots below, so maybe that ends up being a quality win by the end of the season.

North Florida is 161. If they win the A Sun they could be relegated to the play in game because of the loss to the Bills.