Coaching Candidates

JMM28

Kim Anderson might be available. National Champ, SEC experience, local tie to one player.

Not a chance. There's a much greater likelihood — like a certainty — that Kim Anderson will coach Missouri in 2016-17 than it is that Jim Crews will coach Saint Louis in 2016-17. And the chances of the latter seem to be greater than 50%, I suspect.

In fact the likelihood of Anderson's coaching Mizzou in 2017-18 are greater than that of Crews's coaching SLU next year.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance. There's a much greater likelihood — like a certainty — that Kim Anderson will coach Missouri in 2016-17 than it is that Jim Crews will coach Saint Louis in 2016-17. And the chances of the latter seem to be greater than 50%, I suspect.

In fact the likelihood of Anderson's coaching Mizzou in 2017-18 are greater than that of Crews's coaching SLU next year.

Rhodes is known to have a quick trigger. The Zou alumni aren't happy. The Zou alumni have money for a buyout.

Rhodes is known to have a quick trigger. The Zou alumni aren't happy. The Zou alumni have money for a buyout.

Anderson is the favored son so no Rhodes will not fire him especially after the fact came out that Anderson was not told about the probation issue coming up. The old money alums have been clamoring for him for many years and past coaches so they now have what they wanted and Rhodes will simply have let him hang himself so badly that even the old alums will want him gone. Actually for us the best thing would be for Anderson to be at or above 500 for several years. He will have a long tenure there if that happens.

I actually like Kim anderson. His downfall is his ready acceptance to see, pursue and take the lower level recruit. I watched them vs kentucky and my gosh it was embarrassing from a talent standpoint. Definitely the least talented tiger team I've ever seen. But watching his D2 teams in the past he can coach.

So if he figures out what an SEC recruit is he will be fine. Now will the typical win at all costs mi$$ouri fans give him the time to adjust? My guess is no. Give them a cheater that wins.

I actually like Kim anderson. His downfall is his ready acceptance to see, pursue and take the lower level recruit. I watched them vs kentucky and my gosh it was embarrassing from a talent standpoint. Definitely the least talented tiger team I've ever seen. But watching his D2 teams in the past he can coach.

So if he figures out what an SEC recruit is he will be fine. Now will the typical win at all costs mi$$ouri fans give him the time to adjust? My guess is no. Give them a cheater that wins.

He inherited a mess. I think he inherited a bigger mess than the next coach at SLU will inherit. That was a toxic waste dump.

I think the probation gets him at least one more season and maybe two. The job won't be really attractive after this season to the kind of candidates that Mizzou would be interested in.

Self imposed ban on post season because of the hookers.

Hearing Pitino talk is vomit inducing. Yeah, your basketball program sure is the victim, I just feel terribly for you and your program. Such a good soldier accepting the recommended punishment from your bosses. Give me a break, the NCAA allows you and your program to get away with blatant cheating and you finally got in trouble (thanks to a book written by a hooker, right?). If the NCAA had any appetite to enforce the rules, so many of these elite programs would be sitting out this March, but those are the programs and conferences bringing the $. Instead the NCAA will stick to going after programs when something leaks that they can't ignore and continue to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to the severe cheating that is going on like Adidas pushing kids to Pitino and Louisville.

Hearing Pitino talk is vomit inducing. Yeah, your basketball program sure is the victim, I just feel terribly for you and your program. Such a good soldier accepting the recommended punishment from your bosses. Give me a break, the NCAA allows you and your program to get away with blatant cheating and you finally got in trouble (thanks to a book written by a hooker, right?). If the NCAA had any appetite to enforce the rules, so many of these elite programs would be sitting out this March, but those are the programs and conferences bringing the $. Instead the NCAA will stick to going after programs when something leaks that they can't ignore and continue to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to the severe cheating that is going on like Adidas pushing kids to Pitino and Louisville.

Well said.

All you need to know about the NCAA... John Calipari had TWO Final Fours vacated at TWO different schools - I imagine he is the only coach to pull off that dubious accomplishment. His punishment? - He is currently the highest paid coach in college basketball.

It was a twitter rumor since Pitino addressed the team around 11:30 and the mood was "somber", people were speculating he was stepping down. Not good when the investigaton is not yet complete and the self impose, probably going to get a lot worse for the university. How the AD is still employed past the summer is beyond me. Pitino and Bobby Petrino being his two biggest coaches, can you get more slimy than those two? But money rules the world and Louisville has a new arena and Jurich can raise money with the best of them.

All I've heard is he put his house on the market a couple days ago.

The "house" on the market is in Miami FL and they're asking around 26 million! He owns another house there assessed at only 3 million. Guess he doesn't live full time in Lulville. From what I've read today, he says he ain't stepping down but some speculate that he will be forced out eventually.

Wonder if Jim Crews has a 26 million dollar house.

A self ban this year is one of the bigger chicken moves I've ever seen.

AD: Rick you got the horses for a final four run this year?

Rick: No

AD: why don't we take a ban this year, make it sound like its a harsh punishment, and not get a multiple year ban.

Rick: okay.

I feel bad for the kid who transferred there from Cleveland State with the hopes of playing in the NCAA Tournament in his final year.

Okay, I'm over it.

I would be interested to know how the two grad transfers ended up at Louisville (i.e. was the recruiting completely on the up and up). I just have a hard time feeling bad for kids who play for a shady program since I assume they are the recipients of benefits that they are well aware of being against the rules. I certainly understand why they are being made out to be the victims, so maybe I just don't have a heart.

Another interesting thing about the press conference beyond Pitino mastering the role of the victim was how it seemed clear that he was not on board with the decision. So as the investigation continues one would be apt to wonder whether Louisville would take action (the accusations are fairly bad with it getting so out of control that it would be incredibly ignorant to believe Pitino had no idea of what was going on), but maybe Pitino is ticked off and will decide he doesn't want to be at Louisville any longer.

If he goes anywhere, and really why does he need to after he sells his $26mm home in FL, it will likely be to UNLV. Vegas suits his style way more than St. Louis. Plus, no way in hell SLU would ever pony up the $3-5 mil it would probably take to get him. He likes the limelight, Vegas would give him that albeit in a lesser conference, which he'd probably dominate for however long he's there. To anyone who really thinks SLU and Pitino would ever hook up, you're dreaming. Besides let's first see if our admin is gonna get rid of Crews.