GDT: Premature Pitinolation

brianstl

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wiz was dead on it until the last possession three. Until (if) Neufeld becomes a contributor in the paint, we're basically playing 4 against 5.

Louisville is more talented. That said, a strategy that has Reggie getting 12 minutes at this point against Louisvile is a losing strategy.

I agree Reggie should have played more but he played a fair amount in the second half and that's when we got blown out.

Clearly, even if crews had played the optimal lineup all night we still lose tonight.

We lost the game because Louisville is much better than us. Not because of strategy.

Not saying they are not good but JC strategy sucked from the onset. I feel like you just have to play your game to give yourself the best chance. A game where Ash is ineffective, Reggie never gets going, we will lose everytime because there goes your rebounding and defensive punch. MC played a hell of a game but got no help. I feel really bad for these kids. The game was never that bad and they had a chance to pull it off.

Most troubling thing is how we couldn't keep them out of the lane. Just way too easy for them to score at the rim. Getting smoked on the boards is not surprising but defending that poorly is.

Ok my turn. We lost. It was not a favorable loss, we went over the estimated 15 point loss margin. We will lose in our rankings by tomorrow.

However, I thought we played well. We defended well and played reasonably well against a much better team that rationally we were not going to beat. We did fine for the first 3/4 of the game and fell flat in our faces in the last 1/4. Do not know if we got tired or they got fired up. However I do know that there was a huge disparity in the rebounds. A team simply cannot win if the opposition rebounds 20 to your 5, period. We were out rebounded and out FT'd, we also were outscored by them. A loss is a loss, I hope our guys learned something from this one.

Otherwise I am pretty certain that we can play against any teams in the A10 and have a chance to win the game, as we did tonight. However, we were just not good enough for Louisville.