McBroom gone

You got a link to that? That would be a game changer type rule and I've never heard it before.

A short search finds no such change to the rule. I did find a proposal made last year to let a student who has already transferred once be allowed to do it again and add a 6th year but only for a hardship case such as family illness. It would be used starting in the 2015-16 season if it was implemented. If it WAS approved, I can't find evidence of it.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/council-recommends-transfer-policy-change

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't sit out another year since he already done that if he wants to play d1. I doubt he would leave to go play d2 somewhere so my bet is he's going to graduate and use the 5th year senior exemption.

There is an angle here you may not have considered. The kid graduates and decides he wants to go to grad school, not an impossible thing to decide to do, there is an issue with money to pay for grad school, so he may well decide to go to a D2 program get a scholarship and play another year. Some excellent schools play D2 basketball. Doing this will help financially and he would play a possibly dominant role in the new D2 team. Looking at it from that point of view, he might do very well in D2 assuming he does want to get a grad degree. This could be a good way to go for him.

You got a link to that? That would be a game changer type rule and I've never heard it before.

I know it's allowed for medical circumstances. Players get up to 6 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. I'm not sure it applies for optional transfers; that's why I wanted to clarify it here.

Edit: Just saw White Pelican's post. There's no word of a potential hardship waiver, is there? If not, the assumption has to be that he's graduating.

Relax we still have one of the best 3 point shooters in the conference, and He can actually get his shot off in conference and not have it swatted 5 rows into the stands.

From the SLU standpoint, this is not a time for relaxation.

This is still Basketball, you still need to score the ball, which means you still need players who can shoot. At 5'9" or so, McBroom had his height limitation, but he could shoot and score when open.

He also was the star player in the win over SIUC, and led the near upset of VCU.

Good luck to McBroom. I will say I really hate to see people talk ###### about him, especially when some of those talking smack likely aren't squeaky clean themselves. My feeling is only those in glass houses should fling rocks.

And buy a sh!tload of Windex. Just sayin'.

Fair enough, but in McBroom's case, at the very least you can objectively say he's a douchebag.

https://instagram.com/_austinmcbroom/

https://twitter.com/austinmcbroom

He's given us endless evidence to support this fact. It isn't a subject of debate.

Fair enough, but in McBroom's case, at the very least you can objectively say he's a douchebag.

https://instagram.com/_austinmcbroom/

https://twitter.com/austinmcbroom

He's given us endless evidence to support this fact. It isn't a subject of debate.

d744fa3032266cc9e3e2ceb8082751a20526d749

but i agree, he needs to be in california where he can crush the most ass possible, without upsetting his teammates. i definitely want him to keep crushing non-billiken ass.

As a player, I thought AM had a role with this team that could have helped us more this year and been a decent contributor next year. As a teammate, it seems he was toxic or at least banging too many players' girlfriends. I'm guessing there was a sense of "good riddance" amongst his teammates.

If the core of AY, MY, DR, MB, DR, and RA stay, then I believe we do have sufficient talent to build around. If we can find an impactful pg and either Neufeld or a yet to be named interior guy can give us some good minutes, things suddenly don't look so bleak. Of course, these are BIG ifs.

As a player, I thought AM had a role with this team that could have helped us more this year and been a decent contributor next year. As a teammate, it seems he was toxic or at least banging too many players' girlfriends. I'm guessing there was a sense of "good riddance" amongst his teammates.

If the core of AY, MY, DR, MB, DR, and RA stay, then I believe we do have sufficient talent to build around. If we can find an impactful pg and either Neufeld or a yet to be named interior guy can give us some good minutes, things suddenly don't look so bleak. Of course, these are BIG ifs.

Are you forgetting AG and BJ - although some think BJ is a transfer possibility.

+1. Good post. We'll be fine.

I do not think anybody knows exactly how many kids will transfer before next season. The truth as I see it is that some transfers will be rather easy to replace with new recruits (among these: GG who because of his injury did not play this year and contributed nothing to the results, and TL who did play but contributed very little). Other players like AM may be harder to replace in terms of what they contributed to the basketball results. However, AM's playing results may be neutralized by the termination of his extracurricular exploits which apparently were creating problems for other team players. Overall, and regardless of who it is that transfers out, I think that as long as we wind up with a cohesive team with players that trust one another we should be in good shape for next year.

To achieve this cohesion we must get rid of all of those who were causing a dysfunctional team. If I was Crews, and I am not, I would not hesitate in showing the door to anyone who I think is or has been undermining team morale or cohesiveness. We may find replacements or we may use walk ons for play, whatever works, but we need to get rid of those promoting dysfunction within the team. Now is the time to do it.

Keep believing our freshmen had no talent. We'll see who was correct in the next few seasons

Agreed. The frosh have plenty of talent. Maybe it didn't come together like we all would have liked, but there is definitely talent there.