Big Dance A-10 watch

The Wiz

For those interested in following the A-10 or who would just like a little help on their bracket....

OhSt over VCU by 6....The Buckeyes will make VCU look sheepish

Iowa over Davidson by 2 ...Iowa...a place to grow...except if you are a Wildcat

Day over BS by 2....As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home"

We should all root for A-10 teams to win because it means more dollar (to the) Bills

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got-

Davidson making it to the sweet sixteen.

VCU gettin bounced right away, again.

Dayton winning 1 game.

I like Davidson...I have all year...I thought they were the best team in the A-10....I would have given them a little higher seed...Unfortunately they got a bad draw in Iowa....Close game...if their shooting is on, they could pull it off.

It doesn't bother me that they're playing on their home floor. It's a freaking play-in round. But how does Dayton get to host it, apparently forever?

-because they will put butts in the seats, same reason they get invited to big time Thanksgiving and Christmas tourneys

-if I am Boise St I am pissed to play all but a true road game in the tourney (I guess there are some seats allocated for the 3 other teams, but that is guess)

What arena has hosted the most NCAA tournament games in history?

I believe there is a sizable section of YouDee fans who believe (i.e. are brainwashed) into thinking that the NCAA will look most favorably on them and their program provided they fill that arena for the First Four. Somemight even think tomorrow's game and the subsequnet second round game 45 miles down th eorad in Columbus, as curried favor.

Dayton being the last at-large team to make the Tournament is an absolute joke. Everybody (except Dance Card) had them safely in and seeded higher.

With that being said, they get to play at home AND they avoid the dreaded 7, 8, 9, 10 seeds which means they don't have to play a 1 or a 2 in the second/third round.

Dayton being the last at-large team to make the Tournament is an absolute joke. Everybody (except Dance Card) had them safely in and seeded higher.

Yeah, I'm not sure how any Dayton fan could look at making the play-in round as a favor this year. I thought winning the first round of the tourney would be enough for them to avoid the play-in round even before they beat RI.

Even if it's at your home arena, I'd care about skipping the play-in round more than about location for the eventual round of 64.

-because they will put butts in the seats, same reason they get invited to big time Thanksgiving and Christmas tourneys

-if I am Boise St I am pissed to play all but a true road game in the tourney (I guess there are some seats allocated for the 3 other teams, but that is guess)

Exactly. Dayton's fan support is incredible and I wish we had it. The reason the play-in games are played there every year is simple; they always sell-out and they are reasonably centrally located.

No doubt UD basketball gets unreal support. They fill it up for just about every game, and their fans travel better than most. When they played in Charleston a few years back downtown tourist area was filled with Flyer fans. They wear their UD gear with pride. Granted, they're always over rated to a degree, but I don't think their fans care.

Funny thing ...I thought Boise was the better team but I picked Dayton because I thought the home field advantage would be too much to overcome....hence the Wizard of Oz reference...there is no place like home. ...If you don't believe it ...ask Dayton.