Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

10 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

WV has a history of not knowing what he's talking about...

I am likely much more knowledgeable than you.  Played, coached and have a son who was a McDonald's All-American American nominee, 1st team all-state player and college player.  I know basketball and I know players when I see them.  GORDON is not a one and done.  He will need at least 2 to 3 years to be a top draft choice.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I am likely much more knowledgeable than you.  Played, coached and have a son who was a McDonald's All-American American nominee, 1st team all-state player and college player.  I know basketball and I know players when I see them.  GORDON is not a one and done.  He will need at least 2 to 3 years to be a top draft choice.

I said he may be a one and done. You say absolutely no way. I'm guessing we aren't too far off

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

too lazy to research this.... but any A10 one and dones???

Who is your son?

How many times have you seen Gordon play in West Virginia?

14 minutes ago, almaman said:

cool for the kid. so in your opinion he is a likely NBA er just not as quick as is legally possible?

Never was.  D2.  Just answering a poster who has been a pain in the ass and said I was clueless when it comes to my postings.......just defending myself against a troll.

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Jumping a thousand miles ahead, but I doubt if you see this as a front court very often.  They play too much the same, with no outside threat. 

I'm looking at Foreman coming off the bench his senior year, with three 'guards/SF' like Henriquez, Goodwin and Johnson/Bess running with Gordon and French up front.  Pure speculation on my part, but let the hype (and second guessing by Soderballs) begin.

-Foreman averaged something like 8 and 6 in the Big 10 on a crappy team, if he is healthy and is coming off the bench his senior season we are absolutely loaded

16 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-Foreman averaged something like 8 and 6 in the Big 10 on a crappy team, if he is healthy and is coming off the bench his senior season we are absolutely loaded

Bingo. Or French would be on a lock all-league trajectory by his senior season. Speculating on starters 2 years from now requires a lot of guesswork... 

Never was.  D2.  Just answering a poster who has been a pain in the ass and said I was clueless when it comes to my postings.......just defending myself against a troll.

not your kid, Gordon do you think this young Statesman will be an NBA player after HIS Billiken career. 

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Exactly. 8 and 6 as a sophomore in the big 10, yikes.  Lets compare him to who we have all been comparing him to, Reggie.  Reggie averaged 3 and 3 as a sophomore, in A10 play.

10 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Bingo. Or French would be on a lock all-league trajectory by his senior season. Speculating on starters 2 years from now requires a lot of guesswork... 

That's what we do best on this board.....make assumptions based on nothing more than guesswork.  :lol:

25 minutes ago, runandshoot said:

Love me some Gordon but I daon't agree with this one. WIlliamson is a freak athlete. I mean freak athlete. 

Absolutely, and I should have noted a poor mans version.  Zion's body is very much like Gordons though, 

15 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Absolutely, and I should have noted a poor mans version.  Zion's body is very much like Gordons though, 

In what way?  I think Zion is much more lean and springy. Absolutely crazy hops on that kid. Gordon is a good athlete but he's more solid. In no way would I qualify him as a freak athlete. 

11 hours ago, almaman said:

not your kid, Gordon do you think this young Statesman will be an NBA player after HIS Billiken career. 

Few get to the NBA.  The kid is really young......only time will tell.  There is just so much talent out there.  And it's worldwide competition for those jobs.  The kid has not seen the floor lately so that question is better answered in time.  So many first round picks don't even make it but for a short time.

14 hours ago, almaman said:

My son played a couple years in the league so I know these things - Gordon can be an NBA guy but hopefully later rather than sooner :-)