OT: Live look-in at campus protesters

DoctorB

rise and grind.

has anyone tried any kind of golf kart tiananmen square scare tactics??? that's the first thing i'd try to organize. father doody would run their asses down if he were still there, see if they can really hang at SLU...

That's the attitude that started all this stuff.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the school incurring an additional expense by posting 2 Campus Police near this protest or just compromising security on another part of the campus by pulling security from some other area?

No big deal they can just raise everyone's graduation fee or student activities fee.

So is the school incurring an additional expense by posting 2 Campus Police near this protest or just compromising security on another part of the campus by pulling security from some other area?

No big deal they can just raise everyone's graduation fee or student activities fee.

Plus, what if the protestors step on the grass and kill it. Scott's grass seeds aren't free after all and it will cost money to replace it. Who is going to pay for this?

Plus, what if the protestors step on the grass and kill it. Scott's grass seeds aren't free after all and it will cost money to replace it. Who is going to pay for this?

Exactly and where are they relieving themselves you're supposed to have a SLU ID to enter the buildings. If they are using SLU facilities that additional water costs $.

I'm pretty sure SLU will not have chartered flights next BB Season due to the additional costs.

The real cost will come if/when this escalates and a student is injured and they sue the University. Or one of the protesters sues the university. That'll be millions plus legal fees. That'll all be a drop in the bucket compared to the negative publicity.

Exactly and where are they relieving themselves you're supposed to have a SLU ID to enter the buildings. If they are using SLU facilities that additional water costs $.

I'm pretty sure SLU will not have chartered flights next BB Season due to the additional costs.

The real cost will come if/when this escalates and a student is injured and they sue the University. Or one of the protesters sues the university. That'll be millions plus legal fees. That'll all be a drop in the bucket compared to the negative publicity.

Someone should go down there and explain to the protestors that their actions are affecting the ability of SLU to provide chartered flights to our African American basketball players. That would end this once and for all.

Glad someone brought in Tiananmen square; please keep in mind that until you had the protesters facing Chinese Army battle tanks (who can forget the clip of the little guy blocking the tank) this was nothing other than a disturbance. If all SLU has to worry about is ruined grass and the cost of a few (not many) guards, all will be fine.

I've heard the same. Lots of kids have emailed or called DPS, the office of the president, etc and received either scripted responses or no response at all and they're tired of it. Their idea is that they aren't being heard so they can "protest" just like the rest of the people

I hope you've been registered on this site for longer than a day...otherwise, your post will be mostly ignored by certain (better informed) members of the group.

MB - Can you please make a +1 or -1 ruling on reality vs non-reality for us here? I'm leaning towards reality. But close to 50/50. How many protestors is it? 122?

No, but for the record, your post is a foo foo post. :lol:

I thought you said you were done with this thread? You are a foo foo flip-flopper.

It was a direct question to me, therefore I was required to respond. Joking around. Now go home and get your f*cking shine box.

This is my favorite thread of the offseason and then MB goes and references a shine box and makes it that much better. Bravo sir.

Although I wasn't aware ace had worked his way up to shine boy. Last I knew he was in the recycling industry.

This is my favorite thread of the offseason and then MB goes and references a shine box and makes it that much better. Bravo sir.

Although I wasn't aware ace had worked his way up to shine boy. Last I knew he was in the recycling industry.

The can business has been very lucrative the last couple of years.

The "shine box" insult has been used on here before... so in addition to being foo foo, MB is not very original.

Guys come on, is there anyway that we can keep this civil? This is really what happens in protests, tempers flare up, "jokes" are insulting, and before you know it you have a riot, blood running, police and tear gas everywhere. Do we want this on campus? I vote NO, we do not want this kind of a newsworthy situation involving SLU. SLU will be much better off by hosting a peaceful, non newsworthy protest. And who knows, if we pull this off with no bloodshed and no destruction we may impress the expert groups that rank schools as being a place with true learning and tolerance, and go up in the ratings.

Guys come on, is there anyway that we can keep this civil? This is really what happens in protests, tempers flare up, "jokes" are insulting, and before you know it you have a riot, blood running, police and tear gas everywhere. Do we want this on campus? I vote NO, we do not want this kind of a newsworthy situation involving SLU. SLU will be much better off by hosting a peaceful, non newsworthy protest. And who knows, if we pull this off with no bloodshed and no destruction we may impress the expert groups that rank schools as being a place with true learning and tolerance, and go up in the ratings.

Sorry I just threw up in mouth a little bit at that last bit.....