OT: Live look-in at campus protesters

DoctorB

I see a couple of folks in the crowd holding the Don't Treat on Me flag. Freedom loving patriots or agitators?

I see a couple of folks in the crowd holding the Don't Treat on Me flag. Freedom loving patriots or agitators?

Dont Treat on Me? Maybe someone that dislikes Halloween and kids knocking on their door.

Yeah, that appeared to be the level of the guys holding the flag.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

222 watching the feed right now. Making me want to go to Bull Feathers for Happy Hour.

SLU has this live feed working but can't deliver on every men's basketball game?

Megan's killer was arrested, tried, convicted, and sentenced to life in prison. While it'll never bring back Megan, justice was served and 99% of people will agree on that.

Zimmerman and Wilson shot unarmed black teenagers and are still free men. 50% of people believe they should be in jail. That's why the media focuses on it. Race plays a role, but the perceived lack of justice players a bigger role.

Nice try, well spun BS, factual but you left out a lot of the facts, just like the brainless protestors. And you are not addressing the issue I cite.

The issue is that almost no one heard about poor Megan, while everyone in the USA is hearing about the two black men who were shot, both of whom clearly had questionable pasts, and for months mindless sheep, manipulated by their so called leaders, are out there causing disorder and even violence and are not being held accountable. Why?

And the issue for US is that OUR beloved SLU might be sucked into this, pegged by the warped national media if something bad happens; we will be labeled, as much of St. Louis is now unfairly being labeled. This is a national movement, not just our local people. Get them off OUR campus, now.

This should be of concern to any credible SLU alumni.

222 watching the feed right now. Making me want to go to Bull Feathers for Happy Hour.

SLU has this live feed working but can't deliver on every men's basketball game?

That's the funniest thing on any thread in awhile. Well done.

I think I will pull from this thread, too many foo foo liberals, I've made my point.

God help US (SLU) if these protestors do something violent on our campus... suddenly a large mass converges on the established base, and SLU is labeled.

What does SLU have to do with the protests? Well, we will have something to do if they are allowed to stay and violence erupts.

Good luck.

Nice try, well spun BS, factual but you left out a lot of the facts, just like the brainless protestors. And you are not addressing the issue I cite.

The issue is that almost no one heard about poor Megan, while everyone in the USA is hearing about the two black men who were shot, both of whom clearly had questionable pasts, and for months mindless sheep, manipulated by their so called leaders, are out there causing disorder and even violence and are not being held accountable. Why?

And the issue for US is that OUR beloved SLU might be sucked into this, pegged by the warped national media if something bad happens; we will be labeled, as much of St. Louis is now unfairly being labeled. This is a national movement, not just our local people. Get them off OUR campus, now.

This should be of concern to any credible SLU alumni.

Meagan's murder got a ton of coverage and was one of the main reasons for the push for kill switches for cell phones.

"This flag thing is causing trouble. Apparently a student was put in a choke hold last night after he tried to fix one of the flags."

The flag thing is that the protesters have put up an upside down American flag at the clock tower and have it touching the ground. (Which actually violates SLU regulations, but SLU hasn't done anything about it.)

The flag is a symbol. That symbol should never be more important than the freedoms it represents.

The flag is a symbol. That symbol should never be more important than the freedoms it represents.

A lot of people get really offended by disrespect to the flag. I don't personally like it but I'm glad we live in a country where you can do it with out repurcussions. See what's going on in Hong Kong right now. There's real injustice out there and police state tyranny.

Does anyone else feel that the unrest on campus coincided with the hiring of a certain political science professor? The timing is way to close to be a coincidence. There are only 2 explanations 1. The new professor is an agitator 2. The unrest is due to the lack of diversity in the hire just another privledged kid from the 'burbs.

Non students living on campus (outside) is not good. Clash between philosophy and reality.

MB - Can you please make a +1 or -1 ruling on reality vs non-reality for us here? I'm leaning towards reality. But close to 50/50. How many protestors is it? 122?

Meagan's murder got a ton of coverage and was one of the main reasons for the push for kill switches for cell phones.

I don't think that is his point. Although that is a good example of what can happen when there is tragedy. Her family took a really terrible situation and instead of screaming racism (I realize race likely did not play much of a part, but it likely didn't in these recent situations either) or spitting on and cursing blacks, worked for and have gotten positive change. Nobody was protesting all around the city calling out blacks for killing innocent white girls after she was killed (and she was actually innocent).

If we really want justice, shouldn't everyone ###### relax until the investigation runs its course and the grand jury makes a decision. So many scream racism when they have no idea what happened. Nothing productive can come from that. We can't erase the harm that these protestors have caused our city and it is really unfortunate. I would rather stand with those that defend our city until it is proven they have failed than stand with those they are protecting us from.

They should just turn on the fountains

fuok yeah they should. watching. sh!t is pissing me off. you know we'd be down there seeing what's up if still in school.

i would ask what affiliation they have with the university? if they say "doesn't matter", i'd point out that it's a private institution. if they say "doesn't matter", then i'd point out that they're...

disrespecting the flag and i want them out of my fuoking country. that's dead serious. if protestors are asking for anarchy, they're not going to like the results.

Can someone post the new link to the vid. I was going through the original that was no longer live but the link to live was at the bottom. Now that's not an option. I'm thinking the COINTELPRO took it down so we couldn't see how non-violent this was.

Can someone post the new link to the vid. I was going through the original that was no longer live but the link to live was at the bottom. Now that's not an option. I'm thinking the COINTELPRO took it down so we couldn't see how non-violent this was.

might have to go to youtube, search "Live @ SLU"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6u6Ne10T5Y

Just go to youtube and search Live @ SLU and it will show up. Cant get the link to post correctly on here

Personally, I think this is a no win situation. Darn if you let them stay, darn if you push them off campus. Is a compromise to move them to a place not accessible to the normal student that doesn't want to be involved? Move them over by the softball field and they'll be gone in 24 hours.

I just stopped by the clocktower.

It was relatively boring.

rise and grind.

has anyone tried any kind of golf kart tiananmen square scare tactics??? that's the first thing i'd try to organize. father doody would run their asses down if he were still there, see if they can really hang at SLU...