Mondays coaches show

billikenblue

I like that he admitted his timeout late in the game on Saturday was a really stupid one. The only TO that was worse was Jamie Dixon's last week.

I haven't listened, but props to Crews for admitting that.

I like that he admitted his timeout late in the game on Saturday was a really stupid one. The only TO that was worse was Jamie Dixon's last week.

Agreed. We've all got little to complain about these days with Crews but that timeout was really bad. And you can attest that I didn't like it when he first did it. The results that followed, missed fts followed by 4 quick VCU points, only angered me more. Props to him for admitting it.

Titus' latest Grantland power poll (Bills at #7) ends with an interesting Crews tidbit: http://grantland.com/features/mark-titus-top-12-ncaa-rankings-admitting-a-love-for-duke/

"All I know is that as Saint Louis keeps winning and as Tom Crean keeps farting on Indiana fans pillows, the Jim Crews to IU crowd will get louder and louder."

Titus' latest Grantland power poll (Bills at #7) ends with an interesting Crews tidbit: http://grantland.com/features/mark-titus-top-12-ncaa-rankings-admitting-a-love-for-duke/

"All I know is that as Saint Louis keeps winning and as Tom Crean keeps farting on Indiana fans pillows, the Jim Crews to IU crowd will get louder and louder."

-wow

To be expected. National COY, likely to get at least A-10 COY this year. The suitors will come calling.

Made this comment to my cousin, also a SLU alum, a week ago. JC to BK early in the season "This is a good team, I think we can make a deep run". BK to JC "TC is sliding at IU and CC is not in the running. He's 42 and he needs a team to launch his career. I'll put your name in the discussion with the IU alumni." Maybe we can get you your pre- retirement payday". JC to BK "I'll pick up CC as my back-up."

Makes you kind of wonder too, how HM thought of JC when he had to know that his health was in decline.

Maybe they call BK "the General" for more than reason!

I love coach Crews and am thankful he's here; but whoever suggested him going back to Bloomington knows approximately zero about IU basketball and what that's all about. Believe me when I tell you: Crews will not be heading back to Indiana except to visit relatives and recruit young studs to play ball in the Lou.

In fact believe this too: Jim Crews will retire from SLU. Hopefully with more career wins than Coach Majerus, and if we are lucky, with many more wins than RM. I think one day another banner will be unfurled next to Coach Majerus's in the Chaifetz rafters: # of wins to be determined . . . . .

Who would you rather have as your coach for the next 8 years Jim Crews or Tom Crean? No offense to Crews, but that question is pretty to answer for me.

Not Crean, he hit lightning in a bottle when Dwayne Wade stayed at Marquette. If he had one and done like Larry the Legend, Crean's record would have a much different outcome. He's had one good year at IU, granted he had to rebuild. This year's team is nothing special.

Come on, it is Indiana. Shouldn't be very hard to recruit to there.

Crean is coming off two straight sweet 16 appearances for a program that hadn't made it out of the first weekend in a decade. Crean isn't going anywhere.

+1. And they had a pretty good recruiting class this past year. They lost a ton of players from last year's team. Most teams will struggle after that. Maybe Indiana shouldn't struggle as much as they are, but if I'm an Indiana fan, I'd take Crean over Crews. And honestly, if they did fire Crean, Crews wouldn't be at the top of my list for a replacement even though he is an IU grad. I think IU would rather hire a top, young coach even if he doesn't have an connection to IU.

After this season Crews will get some offers from some major schools hoping he wants to cash in before he retires. We will have to pony up the dough to keep him here.

That would surprise me. It seems like the "major" schools all tend to go for the young hot-shot coach - I'm not saying that's right, in fact I think a lot of times it is better to go with the more experienced coach who has learned from past mistakes. USC hiring that guy from Gulf Coast seemed to be a real gamble. The kid pulled off a couple of upsets in the tournamnet and all of the sudden he gets a BCS job. That's not a very long track record. The coach doesn't really strike me as somebody who has built a program. I will be interested to see how he does at USC.