Polls - 2.17.14

moytoy12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We we 4 in 64-65. I consider that modern although most on here would consider it Neanderthal.

Thanks. So it's not unprecedented. A relieve actually. Guess we'd have to go pretty deep to get close to 4th again. Still yippee yahoo for making it to the top ten again.

We were also ranked #1 in the first ever AP poll, so we'll never exceed that.

I'm surprised that Villanova did not drop even further. Two blowout losses to Creighton on their resume, which looks bad because it shows they could not even figure out a game plan for the same team. They do have a W over Kansas, but that was at the beginning of the season when KU was inexperienced and struggling to mesh.

But we can't really complain. This ranking is putting us on the national map, and recruiting and future success are highly impacted by it. Think about all of those 2015/2016 recruits (Prentiss Nixon, Evan Boudreaux, Nai Carlisle) who are eying the success SLU is having under Crews and Cheaney. This is a monumental step for SLU basketball, and we should really just soak it in.

I'm surprised that Villanova did not drop even further. Two blowout losses to Creighton on their resume, which looks bad because it shows they could not even figure out a game plan for the same team. They do have a W over Kansas, but that was at the beginning of the season when KU was inexperienced and struggling to mesh.

But we can't really complain. This ranking is putting us on the national map, and recruiting and future success are highly impacted by it. Think about all of those 2015/2016 recruits (Prentiss Nixon, Evan Boudreaux, Nai Carlisle) who are eying the success SLU is having under Crews and Cheaney. This is a monumental step for SLU basketball, and we should really just soak it in.

Creighton has a beef still being behind a Villanova team they destroyed twice. Next up, passing Kansas. That's another of those "let that sink in" moments.

Wyoming (RPI 83) is not a good team. How could that be considered a "good" road loss for San Diego State?

In any event, how about those Top 10 Saint Louis U. Billikens!

SDSU plays at New Mexico, so there is a decent chance they will lose that one and we can leapfrog them. For other teams ahead of us this week... Duke has a busy schedule with two on the road (GTech and UNC) and plays Syracuse at home. Not out of the question they lose two out of three, which would open the door for us. Nova plays at Providence tomorrow night after playing Creighton last night. Could be a tough one for Nova on short rest. Cincy has a tough one with Louisville. Problem is if Louisville wins, they could jump us even if we jump Cincinati. Kansas figures to have an easy week. Arizona has two road games this week (Utah and Colorado).

In honor of RM's bday: "We'll be a Top 10 team in about three years," he said. "I did it at Ball State, did it at Utah, and we're going to do it here."

Didn't quite hit in the 3 year timeframe, but close enough for me.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2012/03/canzano_rick_majeras_saw_somet.html

In honor of RM's bday: "We'll be a Top 10 team in about three years," he said. "I did it at Ball State, did it at Utah, and we're going to do it here."

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2012/03/canzano_rick_majeras_saw_somet.html

He saw something. Now that something is very, very good.

-let's just keep winning!!!

TOP 10 wise we have to keep winning to stay there but in the oveall scheme of things a loss or even two in remaining league games would not hurt us too bad unless they're bad performances. if anyone beats us like Creighton did to Villanova it would hurt. Did I hear this correctly I thought I heard on the tube during VCU game that we have never been behind by more than 8 this year? if so that's amazing.

TOP 10 wise we have to keep winning to stay there but in the oveall scheme of things a loss or even two in remaining league games would not hurt us too bad unless they're bad performances. if anyone beats us like Creighton did to Villanova it would hurt. Did I hear this correctly I thought I heard on the tube during VCU game that we have never been behind by more than 8 this year? if so that's amazing.

I think Wisconsin had us down by more than 10 before we started making a run near the end.

In honor of RM's bday: "We'll be a Top 10 team in about three years," he said. "I did it at Ball State, did it at Utah, and we're going to do it here."[/size]

Didn't quite hit in the 3 year timeframe, but close enough for me.[/size]

The Big guy was awesome. We were luck to have him. Can't believe some of our small-minded fans took issue with him. I love how RM needled the Pac-10 and Scout.com in the same article. RM was never given credit for being shrewd in how he used the media for the benefit of the program and his players. He was a little unconventional in how he went about and he was not the bumbling figure that some liked to make him out to be with his media relations.

Katz is talking about this right now on ESPN 2.

The Big guy was awesome. We were luck to have him. Can't believe some of our small-minded fans took issue with him. I love how RM needled the Pac-10 and Scout.com in the same article. RM was never given credit for being shrewd in how he used the media for the benefit of the program and his players. He was a little unconventional in how he went about and he was not the bumbling figure that some liked to make him out to be with his media relations.

Rick was one of the best of all time. RIP. You were very fortunate to have him. He's always been a winner. Anyone that has an issue with Rick, let's hear it. He was CBB personified! He had the charisma, the recruiting prowess and the floor coaching that was 2nd to none. I miss Rick, especially having been in Salt Lake when he took it to the giants!

I called it. Top 10. High congratulations are in order!