Crews on the Radio

The Wiz

101 did a nice interview with Crews.....

Highlights.....

Said the team had the best chemistry of any team he has been associated with....they get along great.

Nothing bothers them...very even emotionally

They make mistakes but move on...quoted RM...."Perfect gets in the way of doing good"

Duq game ...we had great O ...bad D....worst of the year....will be better for Richmond

Richmond game....said RU has a unique Princeton style offense and a tough defense and because of that the Bills are going to make changes....doing things differently....some things completely opposite of what we have been doing all year....some new looks.

If this is true, this could be a very interesting game.

101 did a nice interview with Crews.....

Highlights.....

Said the team had the best chemistry of any team he has been associated with....they get along great.

Nothing bothers them...very even emotionally

They make mistakes but move on...quoted RM...."Perfect gets in the way of doing good"

Duq game ...we had great O ...bad D....worst of the year....will be better for Richmond

Richmond game....said RU has a unique Princeton style offense and a tough defense and because of that the Bills are going to make changes....doing things differently....some things completely opposite of what we have been doing all year....some new looks.

If this is true, this could be a very interesting game.

My opinion after hearing the players interviewed and talking to them is that we have some very intelligent, mature players. That goes a long way in a team sport.

My opinion after hearing the players interviewed and talking to them is that we have some very intelligent, mature players. That goes a long way in a team sport.

I think talent goes a long way too. We have had plenty of intelligent and mature players that lacked the talent. It is so nice to have both in spades.

I think talent goes a long way too. We have had plenty of intelligent and mature players that lacked the talent. It is so nice to have both in spades.

Amen, brother, amen!!!!

Experience and smarts are the factors most often mentioned by the announcers when they shower us with praise. They really appreciate a team that plays the game the way it was supposed to be played vs the above the rim NBA style the really talent laden teams play. But w/o a doubt we have more talent than we've had in quite a while. It's been fun watching these SRs develop.

Experience and smarts are the factors most often mentioned by the announcers when they shower us with praise. They really appreciate a team that plays the game the way it was supposed to be played vs the above the rim NBA style the really talent laden teams play. But w/o a doubt we have more talent than we've had in quite a while. It's been fun watching these SRs develop.

there was a play in the Kentucky game last night. kid gets fouled going up and tries to dunk it, misses an easy chance for 3pt play. announcer says that's a cocky freshmen mistake. a senior thinks, "ive dunked before, im just gonna lay it in"

No question about that at all.

I'd still love to see a left handed windmill dunk by Jett to bring the Fetz to a decibel level it hasn't yet experienced.

He has 0% body fat and a 44" vertical as a freshman, he needs to throw down more often. That's the way to get more students into the games and get the crowd more into it. We need to be bigger and louder down the stretch to start winning more of these games and getting more fans into the stadium. Yes, I agree that we need to stick to our slow-paced, fundamentally sound style of play, but a flashy play every once in a while won't hurt us.

there was a play in the Kentucky game last night. kid gets fouled going up and tries to dunk it, misses an easy chance for 3pt play. announcer says that's a cocky freshmen mistake. a senior thinks, "ive dunked before, im just gonna lay it in"

A lot of college coaches tell their players to try and dunk it because it is an easier shot to make than a lay-in. Less likely to get blocked. That is, only if you're a capable dunker.

He has 0% body fat and a 44" vertical as a freshman, he needs to throw down more often. That's the way to get more students into the games and get the crowd more into it. We need to be bigger and louder down the stretch to start winning more of these games and getting more fans into the stadium. Yes, I agree that we need to stick to our slow-paced, fundamentally sound style of play, but a flashy play every once in a while won't hurt us.

No. He was a non factor last season after getting hurt on that missed dunk.

A lot of college coaches tell their players to try and dunk it because it is an easier shot to make than a lay-in. Less likely to get blocked. That is, only if you're a capable dunker.

in this particular case, a layup would have been pretty easy. he was trying to make sportscenter

No question about that at all.

I'd still love to see a left handed windmill dunk by Jett to bring the Fetz to a decibel level it hasn't yet experienced.

Everyone would love to see him dunk. The only problem is I have seen him miss dunks more often than than making them. My quess would be he is about 25% on dunk attempts.

Everyone would love to see him dunk. The only problem is I have seen him miss dunks more often than than making them. My quess would be he is about 25% on dunk attempts.

I suspect that his bad landing in the A-10 tournament resulted in a lingering injury that kept him from being right during the NCAA Tournament last season. I am fine with him just laying it in.

Interesting nugget in this SI column on the Bills published today: http://college-basketball.si.com/2014/01/29/saint-louis-billikens-jim-crews-atlantic-10/

"Which is why occasionally, when the calendar fell just right, the Billikens coach has held practices exclusively for his underclassmen. No seniors at all, for a good 45 minutes or so. Just the group providing support this year, building camaraderie and connections for a time when much more is asked of them."

• 2 weeks later...

Great show last night. Conklin called in from Australia - he said he'll be facing Cody's team soon.

Crews had a pretty funny line when talking with Conklin. Something to the effect of, "Tell me if you believe this statement: Jake Barnett is getting minutes because of his defense."

Great show last night. Conklin called in from Australia - he said he'll be facing Cody's team soon.

Crews had a pretty funny line when talking with Conklin. Something to the effect of, "Tell me if you believe this statement: Jake Barnett is getting minutes because of his defense."

Also nice banter between BC and JC about Kyle Cassity on the defensive side.

The Conklin stories Crews and Rammer were sharing were great. Conklin remains one of my all time favorites.

Link to the show

Also if any of you are interested you can now buy Townsville Crocodile Conklin Jerseys and Sydney Kings Cody Ellis jerseys at NBLstore.com

The Conklin stories Crews and Rammer were sharing were great. Conklin remains one of my all time favorites.

Link to the show

Also if any of you are interested you can now buy Townsville Crocodile Conklin Jerseys and Sydney Kings Cody Ellis jerseys at NBLstore.com

thanks for posting link