GDT: Bronx cheer

bonwich

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we'll get on a hot streak offensively right as the postseason starts. It almost seems right for it to happen that way.

Better to get hot at the end of the season than to be hot and then fade at the end. But we are still winning all our games even though the offense isn't quite there yet, so we could really be a scary team come tourney time

The foul disparity was 25-14, and we shot 34 free throws to Fordham's 9. Was the officiating really tilted that much in our favor? Were they making up for the last couple games?

I think it was more a case of a fairly bad team (save for two players) playing on the road against a very good team. I don't recall comments to or from my seatmates pointing out bad calls that went in our favor.

Other questions/comments based on what I'm reading (I didn't see this one):

-Only 7 bench points, but to be fair, they didn't play much.

-Who was guarding Frazier? Jett? He's the co-leading scorer along with Severe. Wow, job well done on him.

-Who was guarding Severe? 25 attempts, wow. At least he only made 9.

-I'll take a 12-for-15 day from the FT line from Jett anytime. He's getting increasingly assertive driving to the basket, which is a scary thing for the rest of the conference.

-So is the real McCall back?

Rotation was pretty tight. Bench shot 2-13. Manning did get to the line 4 times.

McCall mostly, some Jett. McCall was astonishing defensively today. Frazier tried every move he had and couldn't get past Mike.

Barnett was on Severe, some Crawford, Jett and McBroom were on him a bit.

Jett is getting more comfortable at the line. McCall on the other hand is struggling after he was money for 3 years,

Not sure on McCall. He was tighter with the ball and truthfully was astounding defensively, even for him, if he's not all A10 defense I don't know who is. But since he scored his 1,000th point he's shot 12-40 from the field, 50% from the line, 4-16 from three. At least he was shooting the ball today.

Hey, buddy. They were students.

Also - if they were Arena employees they are certainly allowed to cheer.

My friend is on the athletic event staff, who are the students standing/sitting in the front row. He is one of the biggest fans this school has and we were in the first row of the Wichita st game going crazy so I know he would cheer if he could. He has told me that they are not allowed to cheer excessively. I definitely agree with you that they should not be sitting but that's the story on that.

I have to disagree. There was a very good crowd today for a not very good opponent and I thought people were into the game, at least as much as possible for a offensively sloppy blowout of a game. One thing that my wife commented on was all the Missouri sweatshirts in the arena. Makes me want to puke...preferably on someone wearing a Missouri sweatshirt. Then, as we are leaving, I have to listen to some Missouri tool going on and on about how Missouri manhandled that basketball powerhouse, Alabama IN COLUMBIA and how the Billikens, who are a decent team, would be no match for Missouri. I finally turned around and gave him the "Really?" look.

Why did you not ask them why they were here and not Columbia? did they want to see a good team instead of one who has dropped out of the rankings. - there was a guy seating in my section with his blue UK shirt on - it was so faded unless you were looking real hard it just looked like a blue SLU shirt - I can go with that.

Why did you not ask them why they were here and not Columbia? did they want to see a good team instead of one who has dropped out of the rankings. - there was a guy seating in my section with his blue UK shirt on - it was so faded unless you were looking real hard it just looked like a blue SLU shirt - I can go with that.

I would have liked to have asked that, but my wife keeps reminding me that I am too aggressive at Billiken games (and in general) so I was trying to be "polite".

A few people posted on this at the time of the game but what is with our coaching staff not playing the freshmen more down the stretch of that game? We were up 21 points with 3.5 minutes to go and the entire starting lineup was in the game.

A few people posted on this at the time of the game but what is with our coaching staff not playing the freshmen more down the stretch of that game? We were up 21 points with 3.5 minutes to go and the entire starting lineup was in the game.

Had to make sure the Wiz got his 19 point margin.

That is a tough coaching decision to make. One would like to see the freshmen get PT; all three are very promising. But our offense has not exactly been running on all cylinders this year, including vs. Fordham. Our shooting has got to improve since we will go as far as the seniors take us. Plus it was nice that JJ got to the 1K club in front of a pretty good sized home crowd. Tough decision.

Not true. This team has been one of the best 25 teams in the country for 3 years now. Student section should be better. But they were at least improved today.

+1... I think our student section would be the worst in the MCC..... (high schools, i.e. Vianney, Desmet, etc.)

We were wondering the same thing. These kids NEED experience and they are not getting it sitting on the bench. Sometimes I think Crews gets distracted and doesn't really think about the frosh.

We were wondering the same thing. These kids NEED experience and they are not getting it sitting on the bench. Sometimes I think Crews gets distracted and doesn't really think about the frosh.

I don't believe crews manages the subs all that much and I think a big reason was that he seemed pretty unhappy with the offensive execution and wanted to continue to work on it

I would have liked to have asked that, but my wife keeps reminding me that I am too aggressive at Billiken games (and in general) so I was trying to be "polite".

I noticed a couple when I was at the NC A&T and I just give them dirty looks. I say we all make a concerted effort to give them dirty looks. You know the look I'm talking about the one '05 used to get from the sorority girls at Humphrey's at Penny Pitchers Night.

He is playing for this year, not next year. This is our year and everything should be done to get this team as fine tuned as it can be. No need to worry about next year until this year is over.

He is playing for this year, not next year. This is our year and everything should be done to get this team as fine tuned as it can be. No need to worry about next year until this year is over.

I'm all for that, but with 4 minutes to go and up by 20 maybe the thing to do for this years team is bring in the bench guys to get them some experience. You never know when we will need one of them to come up big later in the season.

I simply happen to disagree with you.