GDT: Bronx cheer

bonwich

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

participation. At least how it looked/sounded on TV. Albeit, not much to get the fans into it in the 1st half.

The boys are playing tough ball. Would like the fans to show some more appreciation.

The crowd seemed fine to me. Nearly a full house against a lowly opponent and they were fairly into it the whole way. Also, despite the blowout, quite a few fans stuck around to the end.

participation. At least how it looked/sounded on TV. Albeit, not much to get the fans into it in the 1st half.

The boys are playing tough ball. Would like the fans to show some more appreciation.

I have to disagree. There was a very good crowd today for a not very good opponent and I thought people were into the game, at least as much as possible for a offensively sloppy blowout of a game. One thing that my wife commented on was all the Missouri sweatshirts in the arena. Makes me want to puke...preferably on someone wearing a Missouri sweatshirt. Then, as we are leaving, I have to listen to some Missouri tool going on and on about how Missouri manhandled that basketball powerhouse, Alabama IN COLUMBIA and how the Billikens, who are a decent team, would be no match for Missouri. I finally turned around and gave him the "Really?" look.

Other questions/comments based on what I'm reading (I didn't see this one):

-Only 7 bench points, but to be fair, they didn't play much.

-Who was guarding Frazier? Jett? He's the co-leading scorer along with Severe. Wow, job well done on him.

-Who was guarding Severe? 25 attempts, wow. At least he only made 9.

-I'll take a 12-for-15 day from the FT line from Jett anytime. He's getting increasingly assertive driving to the basket, which is a scary thing for the rest of the conference.

-So is the real McCall back?

Stan Van Gundy was awesome.

He really lends credibility to the package.

As I am past the big 5-0, I liked the way Van Gundy referred to us the old way- "St. Louis U," which is the way it was forever until this "Saint Louis" stuff came into vogue.

We are St. Louis U!

Really liked it when he said the Bills were the best defensive team he has seen this year.