Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

44 minutes ago, Ibruce said:

Read a report that we are back in the picture...

This has been a strange recruitment on paper. A couple of the more plugged in guys on 247sports switched their picks to Wyoming recently (Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater) and Corey Evans switched his pick to Villanova today, but it is unclear whether he even has an offer from Nova. I saw he may also decide to announce he is opening his recruitment back up. Very strange.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Anthony-Mack-at-Blair-Academy-175555/CurrentExpertPredictions

I apologize, I just looked on Twitter and see that he has committed to Wyoming.

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/capital-region/sports/2016/11/2/former-catholic-basketball-standout-anthony-mack-chooses-wyoming.html?cid=twitter_TWCNewsAlbany

Interesting tweet from Sam Snelling: Missouri and Georgia dropped out recently because Mack was waiting on a 'Nova offer, sounds like it never came.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Franchise_08 said:

Funny how the news report said he picked Wyoming over Villanova, Missouri, SLU and Georgia. Like he could have chosen any of the 5. Looks like he included these schools to improve his value, which obviously didn't work if he committed to Wyoming. 

I couldn't find the tweet again, but I think I saw something earlier that said that Mizzou and Georgia dropped him because he was waiting on the Villanova offer, which never came.

EDIT: the tweet was reported in this thread by TheChosenOne, so see above.

Congratulations everyone, first time I read about some recruit choosing to go somewhere else not being immediately called a tool by a half a dozen members of this board. To me this indicates the membership of this board feels increasingly reassured by Ford's recruiting success to the point of sounding even sorry for the poor sob that did not choose to come here. Look at Pistol's post just above: "looks like he botched his recruitment" (of course referring to Villanova, Georgia, Mizzou, and SLU as the other suitors). Do I detect that he feels sorry for the poor sob who screwed things up in this  post?

21 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Congratulations everyone, first time I read about some recruit choosing to go somewhere else not being immediately called a tool by a half a dozen members of this board. To me this indicates the membership of this board feels increasingly reassured by Ford's recruiting success to the point of sounding even sorry for the poor sob that did not choose to come here. 

I'm really hoping that you have some next-level sarcastic mind that is just beyond me.

You do realize that calling recruits that don't go to SLU "tools" is mostly people joking around, right? I'd certainly prefer for a good recruit to go to SLU, but I'm not going to bash a high school kid over where he goes to college.

And the reason I didn't call Mack a tool was because, quite honestly, I just forgot to do so.

DeSmetBilliken I do not have much sarcasm in me, and I do not like jokes where 18 year olds are called tools in a "funny" way. As far as you forgetting to call Mack a tool, well Good for You, it means that Mack going elsewhere means so little to you that you just forgot to do so. This is exactly what happens when a group of people, like the members of this board, are not anxious about their team. What we as a group are showing is a high level of satisfaction with the way Ford is handling things. I do think this is good, do you disagree? Again no sarcasm or "funnyness" at all, I mean it.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

DeSmetBilliken I do not have much sarcasm in me, and I do not like jokes where 18 year olds are called tools in a "funny" way. As far as you forgetting to call Mack a tool, well Good for You, it means that Mack going elsewhere means so little to you that you just forgot to do so. This is exactly what happens when a group of people, like the members of this board, are not anxious about their team. What we as a group are showing is a high level of satisfaction with the way Ford is handling things. I do think this is good, do you disagree? Again no sarcasm or "funnyness" at all, I mean it.

Everyone has been busy watching the greatest World Series of their lifetime.

I managed to find a picture of his announcement though  

ae07636873bee65d4dddc84c4f77a235.jpg

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Fennis Dembo wants to have a word with all of you who are putting down Wyoming.

His NBA career was short (last pick of the draft, and teammate Eric Leckner was a first-rounder), but he stands alongside Zelmo Beaty on the NBA's Name Hall of Fame.

By the way, Dembo's number is not retired at Wyoming despite the fact that he's their all-time scoring leader and near the top of most other stat lists. Theo Ratliff is their all-time blocks leader but doesn't have any other career marks. Larry Nance is also disappointingly low on their charts.

9 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Everyone has been busy watching the greatest World Series of their lifetime.

I managed to find a picture of his announcement though  

ae07636873bee65d4dddc84c4f77a235.jpg

You must be pretty young. I would put this one about on par with 2014. Four blowouts not even worth watching, a couple close games, and then a decent dose of drama in Game 7. Game 7 would've been better if Cleveland hadn't coughed up the lead again so soon after Davis' homer.

It's crazy to me how underrated the '97 World Series continues to be, even after Cleveland finally showed up again this year.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

JMM was unfortunately born with the birth defect of being a Cubs fan. So for him this is the greatest World Series ever.

I'm happy for him. I hope his grandchildren will be able to see their next World Series win in 2124

This is incomplete, but it's what I've got for now. There is very, very little out there on this guy, despite having played at TPS for his whole HS career. I think he's played behind Nick Richards - an uncommitted 5-star recruit in the same class - and some other good big men. Which leads me to believe he came in as a total project and has slowly developed. He was 6-9 and about 170 when he showed up as a freshman, so he's added about 50 lbs. to his incredibly long frame. He hasn't grown much taller, and is listed anywhere from 6-10 to 7 feet tall. He was committed to New Mexico State at one point, which is a program with a reputation for taking in very big projects (like the Bhullar brothers). I can't even figure out which country he's from (he played for Team Africa in the adidas Nations tournament.

Buay Koka

C, 6-11, 220

Elizabeth, NJ (The Patrick School)

Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Tulane.

Interest: Virginia, Miami, New Mexico State, Boston.

Latest News: Koka picked up offers from SLU, Seton Hall, and Tulane. He has visited Tulane and New Mexico State, where he had originally committed.

Scouting Report: Koka is an extremely long post player, with a 7-6 wingspan. He’s a big-time rim protector, using his ridiculously long arms to block everything. He’s a raw talent with a developing skill set who entered The Patrick School at 6-9 and 170 lbs.