Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Other 2017 offer list updates:

-Ridder's recruitment has started to blow up. DePaul, Arkansas, and Boise State have now offered, and Xavier, West Virginia, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, and Nebraska have gotten involved. Ridder says he expects those Big 12 schools to offer soon, along with Northern Iowa. He's visiting Xavier in June.

-Eastern added a few more offers, including Ohio State and Virginia Tech. He's a big-time player.

-After last week's Evansville offer, Yess now has an Ohio offer.

-Not much going on with Pierre-Lewis or Gunn. Same programs involved, but not much movement.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be entirely relevant to SLU but Brandon McKissic from SLUH has picked up offers from DePaul and Murray State. He is a 6'1" combo guard that's been mentioned before. I know Claggett has a good relationship with SLU still. Would personally be fun to see Ford and staff show interest in McKissic.

Can we leave Crews behind? He is water under the bridge. He did and he did not do a lot of things... fine, this is our baseline, let's look forward, not backwards. It really does not matter why he did or did not do anything any longer. If he spoiled our chances with some recruits, it is too bad but it is what it is, there will be others.

Old Guy, thank you for informing everyone that "he did and he did not do a lot of things"...

This may not be entirely relevant to SLU but Brandon McKissic from SLUH has picked up offers from DePaul and Murray State. He is a 6'1" combo guard that's been mentioned before. I know Claggett has a good relationship with SLU still. Would personally be fun to see Ford and staff show interest in McKissic.

Not interested. I am over Combo guards unless they play above the rim. MOARRRR

How many offers, in total, do we have outstanding?

For 2016, we appear to have 6 outstanding offers: DeJesus, Edwards, Foreman, Johnson, Martin (I think), and Walker.

For 2017, we have 16 offers, although a few could be stale. I can confirm at least 12.

For 2018, Ford has offered two (Wills and Hyatt), but I don't know if he's refreshed the offers to Easley, Finke, Gordon, Ramey, and Watson.

In total, we have anywhere between 20 and 30, and possibly others that haven't hit the online radar.

For 2016, we appear to have 6 outstanding offers: DeJesus, Edwards, Foreman, Johnson, Martin (I think), and Walker.

For 2017, we have 16 offers, although a few could be stale. I can confirm at least 12.

For 2018, Ford has offered two (Wills and Hyatt), but I don't know if he's refreshed the offers to Easley, Finke, Gordon, Ramey, and Watson.

In total, we have anywhere between 20 and 30, and possibly others that haven't hit the online radar.

Can you tell if this year's number of offers are similar to year's past? More? Less?

Can you tell if this year's number of offers are similar to year's past? More? Less?

I don't think we've ever shown as many as 16 in a single class (2017), at least since I've been keeping track. However, the more time goes on, the more this stuff appears on social media, recruiting sites, local news outlets, blogs, etc. We've also had three consecutive coaching staffs prior to Ford who liked to keep things close to the vest, and that spans the entire existence of social media, basically.

Even with all those disclaimers, I'd say that this is probably at the high end of what we've had out at any single time, particularly for a single class. 20-30 outstanding offers definitely seems higher than any single point in the Crews era. This isn't to say that Crews, Majerus, and Soderberg weren't recruiting this many or more guys at once; I just don't think they were as forthcoming about offering this many at once.

I expect to still see more offers, for what it's worth. We're still lower than a lot of BCS conference programs in terms of current offers. Given Ford's background, I'd think we'll continue to offer more guys at once than this program is used to seeing.

Right on. And his name is Justyn Mutts, which is cool.

And he picked up a LaSalle offer today. The A10 loves the Mutts.

In other offer news, Ridder got offers from Xavier and UNI, and Goodwin has yet another offer, this one from Pitt.

Are yon not counting Witt for a reason?

Yeah, because he asked the question before the Whitt news broke. You can add 1 to the 2016 numbers.

Should we count transfers as 2016, or should there be a whole other thread on them since they could really be any class?

Should we count transfers as 2016, or should there be a whole other thread on them since they could really be any class?

Eh, I could go either way. I just put guys in the year when they'd be signing.

Led his team to the Kentucky state title. Doesn't have a ton of offers yet, but has visited Xavier and Louisville is showing some interest. Kentucky will be another natural recruiting area for Ford.

Taveion Hollingsworth: SG, 6-3, 170, Lexington, KY (Paul Laurence Dunbar)Offers: SLU, Eastern Kentucky, Morehead State, Winthrop, Samford, East Tennessee State. Interest: Xavier, Louisville, West Virginia, Wichita State, Western Kentucky, Murray State, Wright State, Northern Kentucky, UNC-Greensboro, Wofford. Latest News: Hollingsworth received an offer from SLU. EKU was the first to offer back in December, but his recruitment accelerated as the season progressed. He took a recent campus visit to Xavier, West Virginia said he was a priority, and Louisville is now involved. He calls UK his “dream offer”. Scouting Report: Hollingsworth was a first-team all-state selection after being named MVP of the Sweet 16 in March. He’s a scoring combo guard who plays with a lot of confidence. He scores in a variety of ways, handles the ball well with long arms for his size, and plays with a tough, even temperament. Twitter: @Lil_Tay3