fontbonne game time

Apparently if the cardinals play Thursday, the fontbonne game will be moved to 5 pm start time. That makes things difficult. Might as well call it off.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently if the cardinals play Thursday, the fontbonne game will be moved to 5 pm start time. That makes things difficult. Might as well call it off.

They are not going to call the game off. Despite what many people think, the whole world doesn't revolve around the St. Louis Cardinals. I don't know if they'll broadcast the game on 101.1 or not, but if they do and it's at 7 p.m., then I will be listening to it, even though it's a meaningless exhibition up against Game 7 of the World Series. That's what my priority is. (What we're used to is the opposite: KMOX prioritizing spring training games over NCAA Tournament games!) After the post-game is complete, I'll switch over to the WS -- it will still be on.

I may not have the choice, though, for a number of reasons.

Well, regardless of the Cards I am going to the Fontbonne game. I do not want to miss the opportunity to see (I hope) Agbekum, Lancona, Crawford, and McBroom in action. If there is a game where even the newest team member should see action this one is likely to be it. It will not be a game played against a tough opposition, but I hope they will play.

Yeah, not sure how helpful that is. It was going to be poorly attended anyway because it was an exhibition game, and pretty much everyone with children would be busy doing whatever Halloween stuff kids do these days, as I hear that people don't take their kids around the neighborhood as much as when I was a kid.

Maybe it will keep some people from ditching the game to watch Game 7, but I'm not sure how much it will make a difference.

As much as some people here joke about SLU games having an old crowd, I would still think that a 5:00 start would be problematic for people with jobs.

I know it could be Game 7, but I am in the Billiken Mode now. I guess they figured that scheduling a game on Halloween wouldn't keep the crowd down enough, so now they change game time to 5:00. White Pelican, you are right. Even coming off back to back years in the Big Dance, it is tough being a Billiken fan.

I'd just as happy if they did call it off. Sorry, but since they went to these low level D2, D3 or NAIA exhibition games, I have zero interest. I'd prefer our Bills play two (2) closed scrimmages and then let us know when the Division 1 cream puffs (I mean OOC schedule) begins -- South East, SIU Edwardsville, etc. In the past, playing veteran guys (Athletes in Action, etc.) at least gave us some interest and doubt in the games. Sometimes, there would be some older, stronger post players who could give our bigs a challenge -- that is until they wore down being out-of-shape and playing 18 exhibition games in 20 days!

Sorry, but playing Fontbonne (or Maryville, Harris Stowe, etc.) is not worth my time or gas money.

They are not going to call the game off. Despite what many people think, the whole world doesn't revolve around the St. Louis Cardinals. I don't know if they'll broadcast the game on 101.1 or not, but if they do and it's at 7 p.m., then I will be listening to it, even though it's a meaningless exhibition up against Game 7 of the World Series. That's what my priority is. (What we're used to is the opposite: KMOX prioritizing spring training games over NCAA Tournament games!) After the post-game is complete, I'll switch over to the WS -- it will still be on.

I may not have the choice, though, for a number of reasons.

The entire St. Louis sports world revolves around the St. Louis Cardinals.

Well, I can't make the Nov. 8 game against SEMO and I need a Billiken basketball fix so I want them to play it. And yeah, 5 pm IS kinda difficult.

No one ever said it was easy being a Billiken fan.

is SEMO on fsn?

It's a shame to hear so many people speaking so negatively of this game. Who cares who they're playing? If I were local and had the chance to go see our freshmen for the first time, see McBroom run the point, get an idea of what Manning and Glaze look like this season- I would be there, no question. Granted, the competition won't be an accurate representation of what we'll see moving forward and there's still over a week until the first regular season game, but I'd love to get a chance to see them play. If you have season tickets, you've already paid for it. And it's going to be a blowout so you can leave early and get back home or wherever you will watch the Cards game, if there is a game 7.

Anyone who thinks they should call off the Billikens game because it's going up against the Cardinals game is clearly not a Bills fan. If you would rather watch the Cards than the Bills, that's fine, but why do the Bills need to be cancelled just because the Cardinals are playing? I don't give a rat's ass about the Cardinals, let my Billikens play.

I am going regardless. Battling rush hour trying to get home for Halloween and the cardinals will be ugly. I wish they would play at 7 regardless. I do question why we would set a game on Halloween. Why haven't we Beaten this horse yet here on the board.

Anyone who thinks they should call off the Billikens game because it's going up against the Cardinals game is clearly not a Bills fan. If you would rather watch the Cards than the Bills, that's fine, but why do the Bills need to be cancelled just because the Cardinals are playing? I don't give a rat's ass about the Cardinals, let my Billikens play.

Seriously. Also, the players and coaches couldn't use as much preseason action as possible? Canceling the game makes zero sense.

Pistol we find ourselves in complete agreement in this regard. I am local and have season tickets and will go. Also, I just checked the SLUbillikens site and the game is listed as starting at 7:00 PM

Old Guy, I got an email from the athletic dept. and IF there is a Game 7, the Bill's game will be at 5 PM. Otherwise, 7 as originally scheduled.

I am going regardless. Battling rush hour trying to get home for Halloween and the cardinals will be ugly. I wish they would play at 7 regardless. I do question why we would set a game on Halloween. Why haven't we Beaten this horse yet here on the board.

The big problem was scheduling the game on the 31st in the first place. The fans with young kids are going to choose their kids and I guess nobody at SLU felt the need to check the baseball postseason schedule. Bush league scheduling for a game that SLU has total control over the date.

I'd just as happy if they did call it off. Sorry, but since they went to these low level D2, D3 or NAIA exhibition games, I have zero interest. I'd prefer our Bills play two (2) closed scrimmages and then let us know when the Division 1 cream puffs (I mean OOC schedule) begins -- South East, SIU Edwardsville, etc. In the past, playing veteran guys (Athletes in Action, etc.) at least gave us some interest and doubt in the games. Sometimes, there would be some older, stronger post players who could give our bigs a challenge -- that is until they wore down being out-of-shape and playing 18 exhibition games in 20 days!

Sorry, but playing Fontbonne (or Maryville, Harris Stowe, etc.) is not worth my time or gas money.

Simple fix: Don't go.

The big problem was scheduling the game on the 31st in the first place. The fans with young kids are going to choose their kids and I guess nobody at SLU felt the need to check the baseball postseason schedule. Bush league scheduling for a game that SLU has total control over the date.

Yeah, I can't go because my kids would never talk to me again if I wasn't around for Halloween. I'm baffled why they scheduled the game on this night to begin with. It makes no sense but I guess I shouldn't really be surprised.