Crawford Article

kshoe

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, I thought you'd call him a shorter Jolly.

Close - I think Jolly is more of a mix of Magic Johnson and Julius Erving

Wouldn't it be radical if somebody compared him to Vergil Cobbin?

I think one way of looking at it on the white guy spectrum is will he be closer to Lisch/Highmark or Sloan/Meyer? Maybe not equal, but at least closer to caliber of Lisch/Highmark. If it is closer to Meyer/Sloan I will be disappointed. I like to think our program has come farther than that. Sloan/Meyer would not have been starters on these Billiken teams from the last two seasons. My hope is Crawford at some point will be a starting caliber player on an NCAA Tourney team.

I think Crawford looks better on paper and has better stats than any of the above. Whatever happens does but coming in I don't think we've had very many guys that were good enough to be top 4 players in the b ball crazy Hoosier state their senior year.

Edited. I see gym rat was already spoken for.

He will play the game the right way, in front of the game's best fans, in a fair gym. Loves the small ball, will appreciate the home-made cookies and knitted sweaters. Distant relative of George Kissell. Respectful.

He has to be worked into a thread once a day. :D Not sure size is what kept KL out of the League. Ahearn made the League and Kevin did not and they were about the same size.

It may be blasphemy to write on this board, but Ahearn was a better athlete and shooter than Lisch. Ahearn had big time hops--for a white guy ;) --and owns multiple free throw and 3-point shooting records.

It may be blasphemy to write on this board, but Ahearn was a better athlete and shooter than Lisch. Ahearn had big time hops--for a white guy ;) --and owns multiple free throw and 3-point shooting records.

Plus, he was a real gym rat.

Ahearne family very disappointed SLU wouldn't take him-a coach passing on BA should have been fired

Well things turned out pretty well for the Bills. Instead of BA, we were treated to two years of that "f***er from Minnesota" :unsure:

Well things turned out pretty well for the Bills. Instead of BA, we were treated to two years of that "f***er from Minnesota" :unsure:

BA will end up in the Bills HOF someday. Just another miss by Unca Brad. We could have had a lineup of BA, KL, TL, Shaw and Jorts for a couple of seasons at least.

BA will end up in the Bills HOF someday. Just another miss by Unca Brad. We could have had a lineup of BA, KL, TL, Shaw and Jorts for a couple of seasons at least.

Anyone else suspect Jared Drew was Larry Simmons come back to haunt us again? How many games did LS ever appear in for the Bills?

It seemed like I saw him make one three pointer

no rebounds and no memorable assists. It was like the kid was afraid to play Division 1 level

Anyone else suspect Jared Drew was Larry Simmons come back to haunt us again? How many games did LS ever appear in for the Bills?

no rebounds and no memorable assists. It was like the kid was afraid to play Division 1 level

How in the world did you decide to bring this topic into this thread?

Nice article - I am glad TT is doing more of this. Good PR for the school.

I had a client of mine - not a SLU fan, but someone who knows the local and national sports landscape and with whom I've discussed Crews/recruiting with previously - call this article to my attention this morning.

He seemed genuinely enthused and my takeaway was that he's more likely to follow the program in the early part of the season to see how Crews and the incoming recruits perform.

Larry Ssssssssssssssimmons played in 89 games over 4 seasons. He even started 1 game his sophomore year when Hughes sat out against Houston. He shot 40% from the field, 35% from 3, and 55% from the line. Scored a career high 16 points against Cal St Fullerton his Jr year. He also had 15 his sophomore year against Carbondale, same classic Hughes game where he went off for 35 against the Salukis on the road.

I had a client of mine - not a SLU fan, but someone who knows the local and national sports landscape and with whom I've discussed Crews/recruiting with previously - call this article to my attention this morning.

He seemed genuinely enthused and my takeaway was that he's more likely to follow the program in the early part of the season to see how Crews and the incoming recruits perform.

Agreed. Despite the relative archaic nature of the newspaper, its amazing how many more Billiken conversations people start with me on days when an article appears in the paper compared to other days.

He is more of a guard than both Sloan and Meyer, I think he will have a better career than both of them. As WeBsta said I really hope he ends up more like Lisch than those two.

WeBsta still mad that they threw his bike IN THAT DAMN BUSH. That's probably what they did with DOWNTOWN DANNY BROWN's scooter, too.

fuok, that's depressing, when you spell it out like that...