2014 Commit #2 Austin Gillmann (Center)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's great. Will he be a good player? Who knows but you got to love the size and we definitely need size for that class. I also like the idea of a local kid jumping on our offer. We will know 2 or3 years from now but I think Crew's recruiting has been stellar.

I think it's great. Will he be a good player? Who knows but you got to love the size and we definitely need size for that class. I also like the idea of a local kid jumping on our offer. We will know 2 or3 years from now but I think Crew's recruiting has been stellar.

+1

I agree. 6'11 "sure things" aren't coming to SLU at this point so it's a risk worth taking. He's a local kid that wanted to come here and he fills a need. I'm happy to have him aboard.

Agree with the positive comments. We have six spots to fill. He is a 6'11" kid with good hands and coordination.

The knock on Gillman isn't that he has a poor work ethic, doesn't play hard or isn't skilled. The knock is that he needs to gain weight, something he can and should do in a college weight program.

He also has a full year before he even comes to SLU. He probably won't get that much bigger until he is on a college weight training program but he should be bigger and stronger by the time he gets to SLU just based on a year of growing into his body.

Don't worry, Crews has shown that if a kids not good enough he'll drop him.

Who did Crews drop because he was not good enough? The only player dropped is Drew. Was it because he was not good enough. I don't think so.