Boston Celtics hire new coach! — Brad Stevens

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be tampering. He has already signed his NLI

Ohh I forgot he is a 13 recruit. For some reason I was thinking he was a 14.

It works out even better. We have an open scholarship. Smoke signals are not regulated by the NCAA.

Did not see that hire coming at all. The Celtics are in a big time rebuilding and transition period. I see this as a real gamble. I also wonder what the Big East Honks think about this move. Stevens was a prime reason for Butler's success.

Ohh I forgot he is a 13 recruit. For some reason I was thinking he was a 14.

It works out even better. We have an open scholarship. Smoke signals are not regulated by the NCAA.

We already have a player picked for that last scholarship.

We should want Nolan and I don't think it's worth the time to question that.

I am a known Berry supporter but anytime you have a chance to add a skilled big this late in the period whose grandfather is Easy Ed, I think it should be done with minimal hesitation.

Butler will be so-so, maybe even ca-ca, in a few yrs. Probably so-so. Then Shaka will leave VCU someday, and the same for them.

It is the fate of most all mid majors... coaches come and they go, Hobbs.

Sure, some programs have staying power (Zags, X, a few others), but most falter after their big run.

Saw Bob McCauley today and informed him about Stephens leaving Butler. He is Nolan's uncle. He was shockd. I told him that SLU really wanted him. He commented that it would be very interesting. He hadn't heard anything from his sister or Nolan. I told him what a great situation that would be because of his dad and all and he agreed.

Is he a better player than Berry?

I don't know. You have to ask the people who have been writing that we will have a commit by late July. If that is true, then I don't think Crews will drop his recruitment of the player. Berry had his chance and chose Butler. Is Berry better than Agbeko or Lancona? If there is no late July recruit then Berry would be a good player to get. However, Berry may want to honor his commitment to Butler, as well as Jones.