Recruiting - 2016

Top of the World makes a fitted (stretch) with the Billiken face on it. I have one. It is a solid hat. Almost as good as new eras and a few bucks cheaper. New era only makes hats with the SLU script logo which I personally don't like.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen Zimmermann just committed to his hometown UNLV over Kentucky, etc.

Interesting. A KU buddy of mine swore he was going there. I'd heard a lot of things with this kid, though.

I thought that because 7 of the top 12 were still uncommitted a week ago, the UK and Duke one-and-done fallout would mean that those two (and KU, maybe) would snap up all of them. But we've seen Rabb commit to Cal, Swanigan to Michigan State, and now Zimmerman to UNLV, with Stone as the late-March commitment to Maryland. And I'm still not convinced Labissiere will ever be eligible for UK.

Things could get interesting based on what these last four big names (Brown, Newman, Diallo, Ingram) do.

Interesting. A KU buddy of mine swore he was going there. I'd heard a lot of things with this kid, though.

I thought that because 7 of the top 12 were still uncommitted a week ago, the UK and Duke one-and-done fallout would mean that those two (and KU, maybe) would snap up all of them. But we've seen Rabb commit to Cal, Swanigan to Michigan State, and now Zimmerman to UNLV, with Stone as the late-March commitment to Maryland. And I'm still not convinced Labissiere will ever be eligible for UK.

Things could get interesting based on what these last four big names (Brown, Newman, Diallo, Ingram) do.

Things won't be "back to normal" at UK and Duke next year.

Found this one a couple weeks ago

http://m.lids.com/NCAA/Saint-Louis-Billikens/20734191

Thanks...the Zephyrs aren't bad, but I have trouble squeezing my fat head into them. That's a big reason why I prefer New Era.

Top of the World makes a fitted (stretch) with the Billiken face on it. I have one. It is a solid hat. Almost as good as new eras and a few bucks cheaper. New era only makes hats with the SLU script logo which I personally don't like.

New Era did a few with the Billiken face logos for a while, but most were in the bizarre color schemes they're famous for. I do have this one but have been looking for a solid blue one:

Saint-Louis-Billikens-NCAA-Local-Pack-59

Stephen Zimmermann just committed to his hometown UNLV over Kentucky, etc.

Zimmermann will be an absolute stud. His skill set is similar to Dirk. Been following him since his sophomore season. I'm glad he stayed home.

Thanks...the Zephyrs aren't bad, but I have trouble squeezing my fat head into them. That's a big reason why I prefer New Era.

New Era did a few with the Billiken face logos for a while, but most were in the bizarre color schemes they're famous for. I do have this one but have been looking for a solid blue one:

Saint-Louis-Billikens-NCAA-Local-Pack-59

There used to be (2005-ish) an over abundance of fitted SLU hats with the Billiken on the front. I have 3...2 blue ones and a white one. They are all in deplorable condition since I wore them a ton. I'm not sure why there aren't many good ones anymore, but I'm always on the lookout.

The gift shops at Chaifetz (and maybe even Scottrade?) used to have some fitted ones with smallish Billiken face logos in a bunch of colors--blue, white, gray, powder blue, orange, hot pink. I had a couple of those, but they had kind of a cheapy feel. Last year was the first time I can really remember SLU getting decent rack space in places like Lids. It's been pretty sad to see those caps show up on clearance racks lately.

You are probably right. I think the analytics show that SLU fans were clamoring for Timmermann's travelogues and that people want to hear from Durando about a local woman winning a marathon or some swimming event in 2020 that the Sports Commission is bidding on. Even though numerous other local and national reporters tweeted that SLU got a commitment from a PG out of NYC and that SLU has been named a finalist by the #1 recruit in the country, clearly the analytics show that SLU's beat writer should not write an article, blog or even a tweet about any of this recruiting news.

Naw, nobody wanted to read the marathon story. B)

The gift shops at Chaifetz (and maybe even Scottrade?) used to have some fitted ones with smallish Billiken face logos in a bunch of colors--blue, white, gray, powder blue, orange, hot pink. I had a couple of those, but they had kind of a cheapy feel. Last year was the first time I can really remember SLU getting decent rack space in places like Lids. It's been pretty sad to see those caps show up on clearance racks lately.

I'm talking about nice, fitted, New Era Billiken hats that I had while a student. The Billiken was dominantly perched on the front, winking at all who gazed upon its glory as if to say 'I dare you to come at me, bro'...if only I had taken better care of them because there is a dearth of good SLU hats available nowadays.

Definitive argument for Jayson Tatum.

Steph Curry. Vs. Seth Curry......but seriously go to a small school play more minutes develop skills, work hard and be the MVP of the league. No big school no Big conference. The Dogma of the skeptics "must practice against other five star one and dones" is an unproven convention.

Definitive argument for Jayson Tatum.

Steph Curry. Vs. Seth Curry......but seriously go to a small school play more minutes develop skills, work hard and be the MVP of the league. No big school no Big conference. The Dogma of the skeptics "must practice against other five star one and dones" is an unproven convention.

Didn't Seth go to Liberty out of high school?

Yes he did. And we played him while he was there. We shut him down, too.

While nearly losing in the process. Blew nearly a 20 point lead to have Liberty be down by 2 with the ball with less than a minute left.

Yes he did. And we played him while he was there. We shut him down, too.

It was in a Vegas tournament. The Mrs. and I were there with about 4 other Billiken fans. I believe we lost to DePaul in the first game. As others have stated we don't travel well. If we ever got invited to a place like Maui I doubt we would get 50 people there.

It was in a Vegas tournament. The Mrs. and I were there with about 4 other Billiken fans. I believe we lost to DePaul in the first game. As others have stated we don't travel well. If we ever got invited to a place like Maui I doubt we would get 50 people there.

That may have happened as well, but Curry played us at Chaifetz.

EDIT: It was part of the Vegas tournament, but the early round games were played on campus sites

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?pid=10873&teamID=6&seasonID=122

EDIT: It was part of the Vegas tournament, but the early round games were played on campus sites

I've killed too many cells over the years but Liberty was part of the Vegas tournament. I thought we played them there but unlike anyone else on this board I've been wrong once or twice in my life.

But the point is he spent 3 years at Duke perhaps actually 4 and he is sitting in the stands watching his brother play. If Jayson is as good as "they" say, then he does not need to go to the Big School just as Steph Curry did not need that to be one of the best NBA players today.

On a side note 77 straight three pointers in a row in practice is amazing!!!

Majerus's first season, almost lost that one in the 2nd half. Eberhardt gets a double/double.