Alternate Jerseys

slufan13

The blacks I've seen are awesome

There are also some white people who are good at basketball

our uniforms should be white at home and billiken blue on the road. period.

I agree. I think all the different jerseys get a little ridiculous.

However it does seem the extra jerseys bring extra attention. Young recruits seem to like the alternate jerseys so maybe it will help recruiting. It will also bring in some extra cash.

As long as they dont go all Oregon and have 20 uniforms a year or go camo or neon Im cool with it.

Hopefully this is a sign that we have cracked into Nike's special club that actually gets stuff produced.

I hate the idea of alternates as much as you roy, but the recruits seem to love it these days. If it helps with recruiting and more press, I am all for it.

any kid that doesnt pick us because we dont have a black uniform or a neon blue short with silver and black sparkle tops needs to go to a different school. wwrs (what would rickma say) if a kid said, "i am probably going to xyz university because they have neon uniforms."

Come on Roy, you are showing your age a little. This is just another avenue to market the program. I think its great, and I consider myself a traditionalist when it comes to these things. We have enough middle-aged and older white guys that support Billiken basketball. The program doesn't need to nor should it, market to us on these things. If an alternate jersey or two brings a little "street cred" to the program I am all for it.

We need any kind of buzz around the program we can get

It's not a coincidence that these are being released during the recruiting period.

I'm sure coaches are texting recruits pictures of these jerseys photoshopped onto their bodies. You guys have no idea what TEENAGERS are into. If these new jerseys are tasteful and the new HAWTNESS, it will push us over the edge for at least one recruit. I guarantee that. I hate social media and its omnipresence, but it cannot be ignored. Trends like alternate jerseys are no different.

I'm fine with an alternate under two conditions:

1. They don't mess with the regular home and road jerseys too much, like adding an unnecessary third color.

2. They aren't anything too regrettable, like the ones Adidas has put out for the Tournament the past two seasons. When people in the future see any of the footage of Louisville winning this year, they'll be distracted by the Zubaz-like camo pattern and tiny girl shirt sleeves on the uniforms. Those kids might love them now but their kids will mock them mercilessly for looking like clowns. Clean and classic never leads to regret.

They aren't anything too regrettable, like the ones Adidas has put out for the Tournament the past two seasons. When people in the future see any of the footage of Louisville winning this year, they'll be distracted by the Zubaz-like camo pattern and tiny girl shirt sleeves on the uniforms. Those kids might love them now but their kids will mock them mercilessly for looking like clowns. Clean and classic never leads to regret.

+1