C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Another tweet said announcement could be delayed due to continuing negotiations between C7 and Big East.

So an announcement will be coming, it is probably good news, and it could either be at 4 Eastern/3 Central or a later time.

Not sure if this had been posted yet but its gives insight into the payout the remaining football schools will be receiving.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/big-east-football-teams-to-keep-100-million-when-basketball-teams-take-name-start-new-conference-030513

NEW YORK (AP)

A person familiar with the negotiations says the Big East football schools will get almost all of a $110 million pot in a deal that will allow seven departing basketball schools to keep the name Big East and start playing in their own conference next season.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the separation agreement has not yet been finalized. That is likely to happen by the end of the week. The football schools will receive approximately $100 million in the deal, most of which will go to holdover members Connecticut, South Florida and Cincinnati.

The basketball schools will receive $10 million, the Big East name and the right to play their conference tournament at Madison Square Garden.

Not sure if this had been posted yet but its gives insight into the payout the remaining football schools will be receiving.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/big-east-football-teams-to-keep-100-million-when-basketball-teams-take-name-start-new-conference-030513

NEW YORK (AP)

A person familiar with the negotiations says the Big East football schools will get almost all of a $110 million pot in a deal that will allow seven departing basketball schools to keep the name Big East and start playing in their own conference next season.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the separation agreement has not yet been finalized. That is likely to happen by the end of the week. The football schools will receive approximately $100 million in the deal, most of which will go to holdover members Connecticut, South Florida and Cincinnati.

The basketball schools will receive $10 million, the Big East name and the right to play their conference tournament at Madison Square Garden.

That's huge for those three. They're in the uncomfortable spot of being left standing after the first few rounds of musical chairs. UC just announced a stadium expansion program that will build out the upper deck and add some boxes. This will basically fund that project. They're desperately trying to get into the ACC.

NEW YORK (AP)

-if the line 'The bball schools will receive $10 million...." is a total amount to split 7 ways and not a per school amount it seems the C7 gave up a lot of cash here, I guess they are being nice but I thought since they had the votes they could have kicked the other 3 out of the league, paid them a few milliion a piece, and moved on to the new deal banking $10mil a piece

-I guess with this they inherit none of the conf overhead and they can start from square one on that, no idea if this is good or bad

I think that is 10 mill per. They are leaving a lot of money on the table but I think it is money well spent to be free of the tyranny of football and the shitpie that is the future of the no-name league.

Apparently the idea of the C7 dissolving the league was more complicated than people thought.

while the c7 seemed to have all the weight and power, that doesnt preclude lawsuits. i.e. in an effort to just be done with it and move on to somethinf far more permanent and financially beneficial to the c7, why not "pay off" the survivors being left behind and just be done with it? that is my guess as to what happened.

I think that is 10 mill per. They are leaving a lot of money on the table but I think it is money well spent to be free of the tyranny of football and the shitpie that is the future of the no-name league.

Apparently the idea of the C7 dissolving the league was more complicated than people thought.

I don't think it is $10mm per. There is only $110mm total to go around and $100mm is going to the football schools.

When you think about it, the NCAA credits are really the only thing the basketball schools have a significant claim on. The exit fees for the football schools that are leaving should be heavily weighted to the remaining football schools. Some of the threads on the C7 message boards delved into the exact numbers but the basketball only schools may have had claims on $25-$30mm of the funds. This then implies they paid $15-$20mm for the Big East name and Madison Square Garden.

I'm sure they'll find a way to get back some of these lost proceeds/expenses with lower tv payouts the the new schools that are entering...

I don't think it is $10mm per. There is only $110mm total to go around and $100mm is going to the football schools.When you think about it, the NCAA credits are really the only thing the basketball schools have a significant claim on. The exit fees for the football schools that are leaving should be heavily weighted to the remaining football schools. Some of the threads on the C7 message boards delved into the exact numbers but the basketball only schools may have had claims on $25-$30mm of the funds. This then implies they paid $15-$20mm for the Big East name and Madison Square Garden.I'm sure they'll find a way to get back some of these lost proceeds/expenses with lower tv payouts the the new schools that are entering...

I stand corrected. Dang that is a lot of money. Fox must really be pushing/paying for this 2013 start.