great crowd!

BilliKat

Great crowd. Great win. Great game.

Clinched at least the 2 seed. We could finish tied with St. Bonaventure but we have the tiebreaker so we're top 2 in the conference. St. Bona is not a team I would want to see in the A10 Tourney.

Anyway, I'm so happy after that win. We gotta be dancing now. Let's get 4 more wins before then though and continue to improve our seed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad and I got in for only 10 dollars. Got a free ticket off a very nice guy who had to go to the airport, but came down to pick up the shirts, and then snagged another ticket for just 10 bucks. I thought the crowd was very into it. I have only been to a few games in the new arena (most of the games I have got to attend were in the Scottrade), and the only game I can remember being at that the crowd was this loud at was the double overtime game against Dayton in 2010. That game was not a sellout, but it was close, and the crowd was into it.

The second half was sweet with the crowd and all, but the first half left a lot to be desired. The crowd behind the visitor backboard was a joke in the first half. Other than the 8-0 run, the first half crowd folded their arms the whole time. SLU crowds have a lot to learn about creating winning basketball. I hope, like corporate america, we can faze out the older crowd and replace them with a more productive younger group. Bring on the haters.

Great win by the way and let's punch our ticket. Hope UMASS can help us out.

I'm kind surprised Femi wasn't mentioned on senior night.

1) slu bball marketing guy said he'd be with the team next year. I assumed that meant theyd honor his role during his last year on the team.

2) Overall i know alot were excited about the crowd. one criticism: i drank a sufficient amount of beer...and tried to get get multiple "yancy gates" cheers started. when that didnt work out I attempted to start "zip em up" cheers. those also didnt catch out. I was in the middle of student section. really dissappointed alot of people didnt know what these meatnt

I'm kind surprised Femi wasn't mentioned on senior night.

Is he not graduating possibly? The senior manager was announced, so I doubt Femi would have been forgotten. I don't know if he was nursing when he came into SLU, but if he wasn't he could have fallen behind the four-year track.

The second half was sweet with the crowd and all, but the first half left a lot to be desired. The crowd behind the visitor backboard was a joke in the first half. Other than the 8-0 run, the first half crowd folded their arms the whole time. SLU crowds have a lot to learn about creating winning basketball. I hope, like corporate america, we can faze out the older crowd and replace them with a more productive younger group. Bring on the haters.

The older people around me get pretty loud. However, there is a group of twenty somethings behind me that only get up and yell when the stupid balls are thrown out.

Being rude and stealing. Cool.

you're right... not a good summary. The guys were mediums on a heavy day, it was a jest, as they gave me. Also if they weren't going to wear it to the game that it specifically advertised.... when were they going to?

You're right, being rude isn't cool. And stealing... well I made an exception in the case that they were rude not to wear it. :)

Better?

this is false. the typical nursing program is 4 years (my sister didn't even start off in nursing and now is finishing the program this year, her 4th)

I figure since Femi redshirted his freshman year he has one more year to complete his degree. There are many students who took 5 years to complete a 4 year degree, especially if it was completely paid for.

We need the older people for their financial support, and the younger ones for their vocal support. Great job by ALL fans tonight, I saw plenty "older" folks getting after it. What a win.

I think the Franchise_08 and I have the same opinion, the crowd in the first half failed. I was stunned how the people behind the backboard did nothing but fold their arms during Free Throw Shots. The crowd was not a 6th man, more like a polite and gentle spectator. Tradition isn't built over night I guess. Hey the students tried.

I think the Franchise_08 and I have the same opinion, the crowd in the first half failed. I was stunned how the people behind the backboard did nothing but fold their arms during Free Throw Shots. The crowd was not a 6th man, more like a polite and gentle spectator. Tradition isn't built over night I guess. Hey the students tried.

I guess I don't get what you guys expect when the team is down 5-10 most of the first half. Whenever we tied it early in the first half the crowd got electric. The crowd was great the entire 2nd half.

this is false. the typical nursing program is 4 years (my sister didn't even start off in nursing and now is finishing the program this year, her 4th)

Sorry should have been more specific. The nursing degree takes 4 years but Femi had a different major his first year. It is taking him 5 years to graduate. His senior day will be with KM, CR, & CE.

The older folks at the tunnel by the Billiken bench were absolutely ripping the refs apart as they left the court at halftime

I saw that. I wasn't in a good mood when the half ended but that made me laugh. Gramps and Grannie just SCREAMING at those zebras.

Hey, you're talking about section 108. We have the dude in our section and we are not a joke. We rip better than any other section in the place. Old? Come on down and we'll show you old!

The older folks at the tunnel by the Billiken bench were absolutely ripping the refs apart as they left the court at halftime

absolutely. I was in 210, which is on that end of the court at the top. There was a white-haired gentleman that looked like he was screaming his lungs out down to the refs as they walked into the tunnel at the half. Nice to see.

Also, this game was special for a few reasons in my opinion. The band played some all-time classics pre-game like 26 or 5 to 4, superstition, etc. also, I love it when they run all 10 flags as opposed to just the S, L, and U. That is a special-game move. Great atmosphere last night. Sat near a guy in town on business from Chicago who bought a ticket just to see a good basketball game. He was really impressed.