great crowd!

BilliKat

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you're talking about section 108. We have the dude in our section and we are not a joke. We rip better than any other section in the place. Old? Come on down and we'll show you old!

I must admit, I had to lay into an old guy for telling my friend to take a seat during one of our runs....he probably won't be asking people to sit down next season.

I must admit, I had to lay into an old guy for telling my friend to take a seat during one of our runs....he probably won't be asking people to sit down next season.

This is why I really like row n in the 200s. My friends and I stood the entire game, yet the last row isn't that far from the court.

I don't think it's fair to rip the entire crowd based on where you sit. We're in 106 this year, in the midst of people an average of 20 years older than me (do the math), and they rock and roll the whole game.

Was kshoe there last night? I don't know about free throws, but I looked down to see when it appeared that the refs were insufficiently abused in the first half. (As noted above, however, you had to love the altecocken above the tunnel.)

The great thing about the whiteout was that the shirts on the seats of the 50-100 corporate d-bags that didn't show up in the midcourt section and/or give their tickets away made them look like they were there.

I think the Franchise_08 and I have the same opinion, the crowd in the first half failed. I was stunned how the people behind the backboard did nothing but fold their arms during Free Throw Shots. The crowd was not a 6th man, more like a polite and gentle spectator. Tradition isn't built over night I guess. Hey the students tried.

You're an idiot. It's really that simple.

Was the place Allen Fieldhouse, maybe not, was in blowing the roof off every minute? no, but it was a packed house that was pretty damn loud for the majority of the game.

Stealing shirts, yep, that's cool. Mine got stollen and no one around me knew a thing about it.

You're an idiot. It's really that simple.

Was the place Allen Fieldhouse, maybe not, was in blowing the roof off every minute? no, but it was a packed house that was pretty damn loud for the majority of the game.

Stealing shirts, yep, that's cool. Mine got stollen and no one around me knew a thing about it.

Hey, those people sit near you all year. It was probably a pity-steal, as in they didn't want you to be embarrassed when you tried to put on an XL in front of everybody and had a wardrobe malfunction. :P

Hey, those people sit near you all year. It was probably a pity-steal, as in they didn't want you to be embarrassed when you tried to put on an XL in front of everybody and had a wardrobe malfunction. :P

It was especially bad as I had pre-ordered a husky t-shirt.

I don't think it's fair to rip the entire crowd based on where you sit. We're in 106 this year, in the midst of people an average of 20 years older than me (do the math), and they rock and roll the whole game.

Was kshoe there last night? I don't know about free throws, but I looked down to see when it appeared that the refs were insufficiently abused in the first half. (As noted above, however, you had to love the altecocken above the tunnel.)

The great thing about the whiteout was that the shirts on the seats of the 50-100 corporate d-bags that didn't show up in the midcourt section and/or give their tickets away made them look like they were there.

No kshoe last night. Poor guy had a work trip and had to watch the game at a bar with an X fan.

I tried to pick up the slack, but my voice doesn't quite carry the way his does.

No kshoe last night. Poor guy had a work trip and had to watch the game at a bar with an X fan.

I'm just glad the hotel bar had CBS sports. The guy from x was a huge fan but classy all the way. He handled the 2nd half better than I would of had it been reversed.

I won't be missing any NCAA tourney games, I can promise that.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but did anyone else see that brawl in 115 right as the Senior Night stuff was starting? It was about halfway down the section, there were like 3 guys who appeared to be SLU fans, and one of them was absolutely screaming at a cop and shoving with him. There were 2 cops, 2 security guards, a couple ushers, and a couple Arena employees in the aisle trying to settle it down. There were a few shoves, and one of the guys booked it toward the exit. I didn't see any cuffs go on or anything. What the hell happened?

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but did anyone else see that brawl in 115 right as the Senior Night stuff was starting? It was about halfway down the section, there were like 3 guys who appeared to be SLU fans, and one of them was absolutely screaming at a cop and shoving with him. There were 2 cops, 2 security guards, a couple ushers, and a couple Arena employees in the aisle trying to settle it down. There were a few shoves, and one of the guys booked it toward the exit. I didn't see any cuffs go on or anything. What the hell happened?

The student section had a front row seat to it. Didn't see what starte it. Maybe DAGS saw what happened?

I know. It was kind of a brutal scuffle. I thought punches were going to be thrown.

The one guy was CLEARLY repeatedly shoving the cop while screaming in his face. My brother was going, "Tase him! Tase the ######!" I thought they were about to get cuffed when the third guy ran away, but never saw it happen. They settled down and were apparently talking through it and then I paid attention to the senior night stuff. But when it started, everyone around us was staring over there. I felt bad for the seniors for a little bit. I can't believe how calm the cops and security guards were. In that situation, they had every right to be tougher.

The one guy was CLEARLY repeatedly shoving the cop while screaming in his face. My brother was going, "Tase him! Tase the ######!" I thought they were about to get cuffed when the third guy ran away, but never saw it happen. They settled down and were apparently talking through it and then I paid attention to the senior night stuff. But when it started, everyone around us was staring over there. I felt bad for the seniors for a little bit. I can't believe how calm the cops and security guards were. In that situation, they had every right to be tougher.

I yelled "are you kidding me?" a couple times.

Other crowd observations:

-People overall were pretty cool about wearing the white shirts. My wife, in her Xavier hoodie, was the only exception I saw in 118, much to Box's dismay. Sitting right by the students, I was surprised no one gave her a rough time. SLU fans are nice. There was a guy who accidentally put his balloon in her face late in the game, and she shoved it away. They both apologized when he looked horrified. I don't get the SLU fans that didn't wear the shirt.

-The wedge was finally alive last night. Every time Xavier went in or out of the tunnel, they were all over them, screaming at the top of their lungs. Most X players were good about ignoring it, but when Tu went in the last time before the game and at halftime, he put his hand up for high-fives. Not after the game! They were also getting the "Hey Frease, You Suck!" chant going, and the first time (after Frease's second foul, which admittedly should have been on Robinson), Frease bumped his chest twice and put his fist out to them. Also, contrary to some previous posts, they were successful in getting a "Zip 'em up!" chant going. One guy had a "Zip Me Up" shirt that said "Gangster" on the back (his handwriting was worse than a third grader's, but still), and a guy with an afro wig had a "Zip 'Em Up" sign. I couldn't see any big heads from my seats because they stood the whole game.

-When the students started chanting "N-I-T!" at the end, Mack's body language said it all. I could just feel it weighing on those coaches and players. Brutal.

-Shame on the people who did leave early. Much better crowd stuck around than in years past, but there's no excuse for ignoring the contributions of four-year players and managers.

-Beer sales appeared to be brisk last night. Lines were long in the concourse. Lots of students were holding cups. Nice work, everyone.