New numbers...Bills and Washington are even

The Wiz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills by 15? Is that a halftime spread or is that figuring the Bills will be coached by Mini-

I think UW keeps it close. Bills 214, UW 18

This made me lol.

I think our confidence comes from the fact that our defense has played extremely well so far. Even the video that was posted of UW beating Seattle Pacific community college shows the margin within 10 basically all throughout the game except for the very end. SLU has tried something new this year-scoring runs instead of droughts. I think slufan13 has it right-bills by 15.

So where is all the Billikens confidence coming from? 14-16 last year wouldn't have me too confident facing a tourney team from last year.

Is it because you got Mitchell back? We didn't have Abdul Gaddy last year either. I'll let you guys guess which one was the five-star, No. 2 PG in the country coming into college.

Or is because we've played crappy teams and you guys dominated Tennessee State? Of course one of those crappy teams, the one we beat by 30, dumped the Billikens on their lips last year.

Maybe it is the stifling defense you play? Whether we run or play half court St. Louis is doomed. We have two dominant, slashing point guards, Gaddy and Tony Wroten, and four guys that shoot .400 or better from behind the arc. Wilcox is shooting .611 from 3 and Ross is hitting for .479. Good luck packing the paint against those two.

That is besides being longer and more athletic than your team up and down the roster. Our 7-foot center averages 9 and 9 w/ 3 BPG.

Bottom line: All the stars would need to align for St. Louis to take this one. Realistically, Huskies by more than 10.

Big talk from a program that has won exactly one OOC road game in the past seven years.

I can't see us losing this game. Conk and Kwamain will have big games.

Conk: 16 pts, 12 rebs

Kwa: 18 pts, 9 assists

Bills take it 74-63

-this is what worries me, scoring, both keeping them from doing it to their normal level and us having to do it beyond our normal level to win this one

I can't see us losing this game. Conk and Kwamain will have big games.

Conk: 16 pts, 12 rebs

Kwa: 18 pts, 9 assists

Bills take it 74-63

I doubt Conk has a big game. Bad matchup for him. We absolutely need a big game out of Kwamain but he's always played well in the spotlight so I expect him to show up on Sunday.

I doubt Conk has a big game. Bad matchup for him. We absolutely need a big game out of Kwamain but he's always played well in the spotlight so I expect him to show up on Sunday.

I guess it's more of just a gut feeling, but Conklin seems like he's more determined than he's ever been and he can definitely out-muscle some taller guys.

So where is all the Billikens confidence coming from? 14-16 last year wouldn't have me too confident facing a tourney team from last year.

Is it because you got Mitchell back? We didn't have Abdul Gaddy last year either. I'll let you guys guess which one was the five-star, No. 2 PG in the country coming into college.

Or is because we've played crappy teams and you guys dominated Tennessee State? Of course one of those crappy teams, the one we beat by 30, dumped the Billikens on their lips last year.

Maybe it is the stifling defense you play? Whether we run or play half court St. Louis is doomed. We have two dominant, slashing point guards, Gaddy and Tony Wroten, and four guys that shoot .400 or better from behind the arc. Wilcox is shooting .611 from 3 and Ross is hitting for .479. Good luck packing the paint against those two.

That is besides being longer and more athletic than your team up and down the roster. Our 7-foot center averages 9 and 9 w/ 3 BPG.

Bottom line: All the stars would need to align for St. Louis to take this one. Realistically, Huskies by more than 10.

Hell, if you are going to troll, at least do it right. We were 12-19 last year, counting Rockhurst. Thus, when we spank that a$$ on Sunday you can't claim it was to a team that was only 2 games under .500 last season.

Believe the confidence coming from us has alot to do with the tough and unfortunate events of the past 2 years. NCAA slow to clear a top player of our 2 years ago kept us from having a true break-thru season. The events last year leaving us without our 2 best players. The above events during a complete overhaul and rebuilding process of playing the past 3 years with basically only Freshmen and Sophs. Looking at last year's record and saying UW (like many other schools) played last year without a certain player is too simplistic that it is wrong.

This year, we not only beat Tenn State but also played extremely well - on the road - against a local rival (SIUC). Our team is now experienced and we also played 4 or 5 games at the start of the school year when the team traveled to Canada.

RM and SLU will definitely have a true break-out year this year. Whether we beat UW or not, this will be a long-awaited special year for us.

Wow...I have no idea where Dawgishly's confidence is coming from. I’m telling you guys, this Husky team is young, inexperienced and untested. I’m hoping for a win, but as one previous poster pointed out, we have not been a very good road team since.....well, ever. If this game were being played in Seattle, I’d expect a 7-10 point win for the Dawgs. Since its in St. Louis, I’m hoping we can squeak it out in the end. My prediction, 71-69 St. Louis.

One more thing, Dawgishly please don’t bring up recruiting Stars in your argument. The best player in the history of UW's program, Brandon Roy, was a 3 star guy. The pac 10 was dominated by Derek Williams last year, a 3 star guy. Stars don’t mean anything, especially on the road against a formidable opponent.

Wow...I have no idea where Dawgishly's confidence is coming from. I’m telling you guys, this Husky team is young, inexperienced and untested. I’m hoping for a win, but as one previous poster pointed out, we have not been a very good road team since.....well, ever. If this game were being played in Seattle, I’d expect a 7-10 point win for the Dawgs. Since its in St. Louis, I’m hoping we can squeak it out in the end. My prediction, 71-69 St. Louis.

One more thing, Dawgishly please don’t bring up recruiting Stars in your argument. The best player in the history of UW's program, Brandon Roy, was a 3 star guy. The pac 10 was dominated by Derek Williams last year, a 3 star guy. Stars don’t mean anything, especially on the road against a formidable opponent.

Dawgishly must be Washington's version of the douchiest Dayton fan, Muddy Waters. Both love to point out how highly touted their respective teams are amongst various pundits. It often includes recruiting rankings, random blog articles, and short blurbs on ESPN.com. There's gotta be at least one of them in every fan base, but who is ours?

Dawgishly must be Washington's version of the douchiest Dayton fan, Muddy Waters. Both love to point out how highly touted their respective teams are amongst various pundits. It often includes recruiting rankings, random blog articles, and short blurbs on ESPN.com. There's gotta be at least one of them in every fan base, but who is ours?

Well, there's douchy, douchier and douchiest, but there's also good ol' traditional trash talk. So far, nothing indicates that even the most bellicose Washington fan resides in basketballcountry.

PS: Husky fans. We have a tradition down here. If you're going to show up to back up your bragging, bring your PAYSTUBS!

Most of the Washington fans who have visited here so far have been pretty cool. Nothing like the Mizlosers, Methdale and Sweater vest fans who have visited the board over the years. After Sunday, I will be a UW fan.

Most of the Washington fans who have visited here so far have been pretty cool. Nothing like the Mizlosers, Methdale and Sweater vest fans who have visited the board over the years. After Sunday, I will be a UW fan.

+1

One bad fan does not a bad fan base make. I'd hate to think Metz's idiotic antics all over the internet reflect a normal SLU fan.

Every UW fan here so far has been super cool except for one, who sure did sound like a UD fan. I wish Romar and the program nothing but good will and success- except for Sunday.

Still, I think the two defensive showings we've had so far have people here a little overly optimistic for this one- which is odd, since I've never seen a message board's tone shift dramatically from one game to another. That must be an internet first.

I could see it going either way, and it should be close. I'll say SLU in a nail-biter. I'm pumped for this game.

+1

One bad fan does not a bad fan base make. I'd hate to think Metz's idiotic antics all over the internet reflect a normal SLU fan.

Every UW fan here so far has been super cool except for one, who sure did sound like a UD fan. I wish Romar and the program nothing but good will and success- except for Sunday.

Still, I think the two defensive showings we've had so far have people here a little overly optimistic for this one- which is odd, since I've never seen a message board's tone shift dramatically from one game to another. That must be an internet first.

I could see it going either way, and it should be close. I'll say SLU in a nail-biter. I'm pumped for this game.

Did metz get banned again?

+1 :lol: -- don't worry if UW loses we'll be ready to call it a year, fire Romar, and flush the high profile recruits on the Washington board. Until we win the next game then love fest all over again.

How could you forget our turd color Indian?