Andy Strickland Report

P.B.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone listening to Andy Strickland on the radio today? I was told by someone in my office that he had some big SLU news to report but I didn't catch it.

Just make something up and go with that. You'll still have the same chance at being right as you would if you actually heard what he said

I think he reported that we're going DII. :P

he reported that he was correct two years ago that reuben cotto would not have the academics to graduate from slu and demanded an apology from billikens.com posters everywhere. closed with a reminder that he was correct as always once again.

he reported that he was correct two years ago that reuben cotto would not have the academics to graduate from slu and demanded an apology from billikens.com posters everywhere. closed with a reminder that he was correct as always once again.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Was anyone listening to Andy Strickland on the radio today? I was told by someone in my office that he had some big SLU news to report but I didn't catch it.

You can hear his report on the KFNS website. Listen for yourself. It would be very, very bad news.

Stems from the summer incident and involves the student court and a possible bad ruling placing pressure on the athletic department to remove a player from the team.

http://www.kfns.com/pressbox.aspx

That is fantastic news! That means we will have a full roster for the coming season. This guy has proven time and time again that he is a joke.

About every year about this time there is a thread of "Strickland reports...." The news always gets everyone flustered, and every time he is DEAD WRONG. What a loser. Hopefully one of these times he will go over the line(this is close), and they'll nail his ass to the wall.

So this is the second time he reported something about Reed in a negative manner. The first time he was completely wrong. I guess he will probably be wrong again, because that is Andy's track record on everything. He is a younger, slimmer version of John Hadley.

Andy is lucky Willie doesn't have a lawyer in the family.

You can hear his report on the KFNS website. Listen for yourself. It would be very, very bad news.

Stems from the summer incident and involves the student court and a possible bad ruling placing pressure on the athletic department to remove a player from the team.

http://www.kfns.com/pressbox.aspx

Strickland is awful so I don't want to listen. What is the "student court"?

Onion Horton's kid called in and reported he heard the same thing from his close contacts in the STLPD (Onion has spent a great deal of time with law enforcement officials, not by choice).

I think this has about a 5% chance of happening. Reed is attending classes, the alleged incident happened in May. Unless this student court is run by the NCAA they would have made a ruling one way or another by now.

Even without Willie, we still win 20 games and make a postseason berth. We are that deep.

The student court is made up of tenured faculty

It is not only tenured faculty but also students and some of the students live out of town that is why this process has been delayed since they waited for the students to come back to school instead of having to fly them in over the summer.

I hope this news is false but it is worrysome for SLU basketball

It is not only tenured faculty but also students and some of the students live out of town that is why this process has been delayed since they waited for the students to come back to school instead of having to fly them in over the summer.

I hope this news is false but it is worrysome for SLU basketball

I listened and Strickland went on to say that the woman involved is somehow closely related to a big $$ donor of SLU. The implication being this obviously makes the situation worse for WR. Would hate to think SLU would let a power conncection rule the day, ie a wrong is a wrong is a wrong and it doesn't matter what the victim's economic status is. Also, he stated that WR has a history of this sort of thing, initimating this incident could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Furthermore, that someone with connections overseas is looking to land WR on a foreign team. Wow. What strikes me as disingenuous is that Strickland is reporting rumors. There's been no official announcement and one would think this Student Court would be under a gag order until a final decision is made. However, I'm also a believer in where there is smoke there is usually some fire. If true, this would be a set back for this year's team as I'm not sure CR is ready to take over WR's role on the team. But again the important point is that if all this is true and WR crossed some line, it's probably for the best we cut our ties with him and move on. Hard to judge exactly what the situation is here. One would have thought that if there was something inappropriate, not illegal, and WR had a history of this, the AD would have ordered an action be taken last May and put this distraction far behind us. And if indeed the woman has a connection to a high $$ donor, you'd have expected FR. Br to have ordered this action. To wait until the season is about to start just doesn't make sense. But we've been down this road before with Strickland, let's hope all this is his wild imagination at work once again. If so, someone should go after him legally.

If you are on campus and know a few people, it is relatively easy to track most of this, by the way. I've been waiting for this to emerge, personally. I think it is a really important story.

I cannot say much about this right now but will say a little:

1. yes, it is true that this story has not gone away and that many around campus have been waiting for this to break.

2. yes, students were arrested in May and a criminal investigation was made at that time, all of which was reported in the newspapers. No files were charged at that time.

3. yes, there is such a thing as the student court, which oversees the student code on campus; which means a student need not break the law of the land in order to break the law of the campus. One example: it is against the student code for a male student to touch a female student in any way without that girl's consent. (actually I am no lawyer so I am not sure if that is against the criminal law or not). Students can be placed on probation or even evicted from school for breaking the student code on campus.

4. yes, there were evidently eyewitnesses to the circumstances surrounding the events.

5. yes, the reasons for delays have had to do with the summer vacation and taking some weeks to get back into the flow of the semester and regroup.

6. yes, faculty are pretty serious about these kinds of incidents, and can certainly overrule any influence of the AD, for example.

7. yes, the contents and nature of the hearings are to be secret, like a grand jury; but people do talk, don't they?

There are a few things said in that piece that I might dispute. Legally, I think mentioning the name of a student is the worst offense, and I am not touching that one. But the main thing is this: I think Strickland has some knowledgeable sources on this one, and I think the PD might have them as well, so keep an eye on the Post. When the story breaks fully, I will try to add to the picture if I can. All I can do now is listen to the media reports and confirm a few basic things.

Having two daughters of my own, but without knowing any of the facts here, let me say that if wrongdoing was done, it needs to be corrected, college basketball team fortunes notwithstanding.

Something I don't understand however, why wait all this time from alleged transgression to tribunal? Doc? I mean, its the last week of September, this all went down last May, school started in August ----- I know the American court system is a sham and bogged down in minutia, what's the problem with Saint Louis University's student court? Is there that much lawlessness running around the midtown area that this can't be resolved?

If there were eyewitnesses, why weren't any charges filed? It would seem like eyewitnesses would be pretty good evidence to go ahead and file some charges. I don't know much about the student court or whatever, but I would've thought some kind of decision would have to be made soon.

From what I know, the university's rule and the law should pretty much be identical in this instance unless the player is being brought up by the university for underage drinking or other lesser charges. In light of the fact that detectives and prosecutors who review these cases for a living did not find sufficient evidence of a crime to bring charges, it is a very, very sticky situation for a university board comprised of professors--who do not have similar professional expertise in evaluating crimes--to come to a different conclusion. I suspect there will be more to come on this issue, but I cannot imagine that any player will be dismissed without a lot of well-placed resistance and the the threat of legal action.