Prediction Contest

SluSignGuy

Okay ladies and gentlemen. What are your predictions for the season.

Reply to this thread with what you think the team's final record will be.

Include Regular Season, A-10 Tournament, and any other post-season.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this for overall record/conf touny/postseason - or is it for each game by game?

I figure we'll have a separate one each game?

Overall. No game by game needed, but often people post it that way.

Steve, I have a recommendation for the season-record projections. Create a separate board for the projections -- call it something like, "Season Predictions" -- and then everyone can post his/her projection in a separate thread, putting the record in the subject. We'll be able to see all the projections at a glance.

18-12 Reg. Season

1-1 Conf. tourney

2-1 NIT

21-14 overall

Best laugh in a while...calling 24-6 a "little" optimistic! Thank you for that.

This is my prediction. Lets hope we can steal a couple more wins and sneak into the tourney.

I believe the worst seeding for an at large team is probably a 12 or a 13. I do not believe an at large team has ever been a 16 seed or even a 15 seed.

22-8 Regular Season

2-1 Conference Tourney

0-1 NCAA Tourney

24-10 Overall

Okay ladies and gentlemen. What are your predictions for the season.

Reply to this thread with what you think the team's final record will be.

Include Regular Season, A-10 Tournament, and any other post-season.

Regular season -- 20-10, A10 tournament --1-1-- Nit 1-1= 22-12 final record

I believe the worst seeding for an at large team is probably a 12 or a 13. I do not believe an at large team has ever been a 16 seed or even a 15 seed.

I thought so when posting, but wanted to drive it home that if they make the tournament, it will be by the skin of their teeth. I realize that 16s are usually reserved for Appalachian Christian Tech State CC when they win the Horseradish Cup, but to hear Majerus talk, that team could give SLU a run for their money this year. :unsure:

Reg Season: 22-8

Conf. Tourney 2-1

Sneak in w/ 16 seed to NCAA's, get TROUNCED first round :unsure:

no way an at large team from the a-10 would ever be a 16 seed. 16 seeds are reserved for those auto conference winners for the 30th ranked conferences.

at worst, i would guess any at large team would get a 12 or 13 seed.

I'll say 18-12 for the regular season, 2-1 in the conference tourney. If we make the NIT, it will be for Majerus' name recognition, and I would guess we'd get bounced in the first round. So 20-13 with no NIT, 20-14 if we get in. I went through the whole schedule, and this is largely based on just the fact that we have Majerus. Without him, I would guess something more like 16 or 17 wins overall.