Other A-10 Action

almaman

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Briante Weber tore his meniscus and is done for the year. Sucks for VCU and their path to Shaka's very first conference title. Weber was only 12 steals away from the NCAA record for steals in a career.

The next time we will see Briante is in the NBDL. Or in security video, trying to steal 12 more iphones to get that record.

Briante Weber tore his meniscus and is done for the year. Sucks for VCU and their path to Shaka's very first conference title. Weber was only 12 steals away from the NCAA record for steals in a career.

The next time we will see Briante is in the NBDL. Or in security video, trying to steal 12 more iphones to get that record.

Oof.

That's a big time bummer. I hate VCU, but in a competitive way. Weber was a stud and I'd have liked to seen him get that record.

Dayton beat Forham 101-77. I'm not overly concerned with wins and losses this season but if we lose to Fordham I'll be sad.

If we lose to Fordham we could end up in last place in the A-10. Unreal

If we lose to Fordham we could end up in last place in the A-10. Unreal

Yeah, that's a pretty disappointing prospect after making 3 dances in a row, two reg season conf titles, and a tourney championship. We just never followed up 3 pretty good recruiting classes w/ much. One SR's left and he's still clueless. Two JR's who are at best mediocre. And a SO class, with one exception, that's been a bust. But the FR class has shown some potential and promise, so let's hope and pray they keep it together. Makes you wonder how programs like X, Zags, Butler keep rolling along. Even their down years aren't all that bad, and they usually bounce right back up, ie X and Butler look like they're going to make the dance this year barring a collapse. We've got to get in that kind of groove.

Yeah, that's a pretty disappointing prospect after making 3 dances in a row, two reg season conf titles, and a tourney championship. We just never followed up 3 pretty good recruiting classes w/ much. One SR's left and he's still clueless. Two JR's who are at best mediocre. And a SO class, with one exception, that's been a bust. But the FR class has shown some potential and promise, so let's hope and pray they keep it together. Makes you wonder how programs like X, Zags, Butler keep rolling along. Even their down years aren't all that bad, and they usually bounce right back up, ie X and Butler look like they're going to make the dance this year barring a collapse. We've got to get in that kind of groove.

Butler's leader is Rosie Jones from O'Fallon. Butler has more or less the same team as last year, with the exception that Jones is healthy, plus their core is a year older. Why didn't Majerus recruit Jones harder?

I do not agree with you SLU72, I think AY is pretty good, and I think RA among the sophomores is a fine player that needs development.

If AY would play a little more under control, I'd agree. Sometimes he plays a little too selfishly. RA's raw, but there are indications he's being refined.

La Salle won by two. Nelson-Ododa hit a three with a second to go to cut the lead to one. Zack was fouled with 0.6 to go on the inbounds. He made the first and I think he missed the second intentionally. Final score 64 to 62. After a huge road upset at VCU, Richmond cannot sustain the road momentum. Short of the surprise across town in Richmond at VCU, Richmond, sans that game, is 0 and 8 on the road this year.

Philly.com has a story at: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/La_Salle_64_Richmond_62.html Pictures of the uniforms can be found on there. I can't seem to just post a picture here. They are quite ugly. Designed by Under Armor. Home gray. Black numbers trimmed in gold. Vertical yellow and black stripes in what apepars to be a double-knit, thicker-than-normal waistband/belt. Black and gold striping down the side of the short with an inverted fork design. And the ugly coup-de-grace: the gray shorts have alternating darker gray horizontal stripes across them. This is ugly at its finest!