C May/T Ford just now on 550 am

C. May says they're working on getting a home and home with high profile Pac 12 school. 

Hope that's beyond Oregon State, they were terrible last season.

T. Ford main points:

1. Henriquez=among top players he's ever coached, expects him to be among the top players in the league, particularly in scoring.

2. Calls Bess a "stat guy," double figures in points, high rebounds.

3. Said Roby was their leader.

4. Justin Johnson was a top freshman in the conference.

Four months away!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

C. May says they're working on getting a home and home with high profile Pac 12 school. 

T. Ford main points:

1. Henriquez=among top players he's ever coached, expects him to be among the top players in the league, particularly in scoring.

2. Calls Bess a "stat guy," double figures in points, high rebounds.

3. Said Roby was their leader.

4. Justin Johnson was a top freshman in the conference.

Four months away!

Thank you VeniceMenace for the summary really appreciate it.

11 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

I would assume that this is outside of the Oregon State match up, aren't those details mostly squared up at this point? 

I wonder who May considers high profile... UCLA? Arizona? Both matchups would be fun to see. 

10 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

I would assume that this is outside of the Oregon State match up, aren't those details mostly squared up at this point? 

I wonder who May considers high profile... UCLA? Arizona? Both matchups would be fun to see. 

i would fall over if we played UCLA or Arizona 

I agree that it shouldn't be Oregon State given that we already have that contract signed and the term "high profile." That being said, sometimes messages get mixed and either Travis said something he shouldn't have or Venice misinterpreted what he heard.

I'd be stunned if we got a series with a UCLA or Arizona quality opponent...

1 hour ago, prebilliken said:

I would say those are the two high profile PAC schools in my mind. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised if it were Utah. 

USC will actually have one of the Nation's top teams for the next couple of years given the recruits they have pulled in. I would love a home-and-home with the Sons of Troy. Great experience and exposure for our squad. 

40 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I agree that it shouldn't be Oregon State given that we already have that contract signed and the term "high profile." That being said, sometimes messages get mixed and either Travis said something he shouldn't have or Venice misinterpreted what he heard.

Actually, Venice attributed the statement about the Pac 12 opponent to Chris May, not Coach Ford.

12 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Actually, Venice attributed the statement about the Pac 12 opponent to Chris May, not Coach Ford.

Good point. Considering they already announced the Oregon St. series in the ticket renewal letter they'd better be talking about somebody else then.

34 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Last season's PAC12 Final RPI.  I would venture to say any top 100 finishers could be considered High Profile. It just depends on your point of view.

AZ 2

OR 9

UCLA 16

USC 41

Cal 53

Utah 83

CO 99

Stanford 100

honestly any of those teams would be sweet 

1 hour ago, AGB91 said:

I think the interview that is being referenced was taped a couple of months ago and replayed last night on 550.

Ughhh. That makes sense given they likely wouldn't be doing any new interviews on July 4th. Should have known it was too good to be true.

4 hours ago, kshoe said:

May said it, not Ford.