OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Mods- I'm counting more than three posts... Can we finally ban this guy?

Working on the limiting of posts.  The previous "metz" feature was a plugin.  With the new forum software, it is a built in feature - which I am trying to figure out how to work.

54 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Mods- I'm counting more than three posts... Can we finally ban this guy?

Working on the limiting of posts.  The previous "metz" feature was a plugin.  With the new forum software, it is a built in feature - which I am trying to figure out how to work.

7 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

The IGNORE function works.  TrollPants is getting exactly what he/she/it wants - attention. 

I have placed him on my ignore list. I will stop whining. 

Thank you Mods for maintaining such a good site. I will utilize its functions and get off your back. 

Found out some interesting information regarding Microsoft going to The Cortex.

Turns out they were bribed (TIF money).

Why does Microsoft need TIF money?

Now I know everyone is going to say that is how projects get done.

Except in the City of Florissant Wal- Mart wanted to build a store and get TIF money.

Florissant said no. Wal-Mart built the store anyway.

Maybe if the state and City weren't so free with tax credits and TIF money then they wouldn't be in the financial binds that they are.

https://www.stlmag.com/dining/hugo-s-pizzeria-from-baileys-restaurants-to-open-this-summer/

This the old The Good Pie location but larger:

"The space features exposed brick and concrete floors. It can seat 120 with an additional 60 out in the back garden. It'll also have a 12-seat red oak bar and an area for picking up to-go orders. The Good Pie formerly took up a single bay inside, but Baileys' Restaurants has purchased the entire building. Hugo's will use three of the bays and the group will announce a different concept for the fourth bay in the coming weeks."

51 minutes ago, billiCAN said:

https://www.stlmag.com/dining/hugo-s-pizzeria-from-baileys-restaurants-to-open-this-summer/

This the old The Good Pie location but larger:

"The space features exposed brick and concrete floors. It can seat 120 with an additional 60 out in the back garden. It'll also have a 12-seat red oak bar and an area for picking up to-go orders. The Good Pie formerly took up a single bay inside, but Baileys' Restaurants has purchased the entire building. Hugo's will use three of the bays and the group will announce a different concept for the fourth bay in the coming weeks."

Sounds promising.  I'll have to head over to Shift at lunch one of these days for a preview of the pizza.

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

That's becoming the pregame section of town.  2 breweries plus a pizza place are being added alongside of pappys

That's right - sounds like Center Ice Brewing is close to opening and Wellspent Brewery just signed a lease for space on Olive.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Slick new website for The Armory: https://www.armorydistrict.com/ 

I think I've mentioned this before in this thread, but there's stuff included in the plans for over there that will tremendously expand our peri-game food, drink and entertainment options, as well as providing us a bitchin' new place for OBC meetings for those worthy enough to belong to said club. 

22 minutes ago, bonwich said:

I think I've mentioned this before in this thread, but there's stuff included in the plans for over there that will tremendously expand our peri-game food, drink and entertainment options, as well as providing us a bitchin' new place for OBC meetings for those worthy enough to belong to said club. 

I look forward to hearing more about the "microbrewery, coffee roaster and chocolatier."

43 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I look forward to hearing more about the "microbrewery, coffee roaster and chocolatier."

Sheet. I was sworn to secrecy on those categories. Nothing like putting them out publicly. (In two places, btw, although the first reference subs "boutique hotel" for "chocolatier."

Oh, well. I know who they all are. Nanny nanny boo boo. 

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

New sign outside of Humps listing retail space available. Interestingly seems to be under a new company. Tried to attach the picture but need to resize the file first. 

Easy there. You might be held personally liable for damages! For making false statements!