• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Old guy said:

With the announcement coming from May, I hope it is confirmed soon by Schertz, otherwise it may become May's mayhem.

No worries, OG. May would never make such an announcement without all ducks in a row. Besides, Coach Schertz has liked SLU’s official announcement on X. All good.

Old guy likes this

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

SLU's got things like "sports management" and I think someone majored in "general studies" at some point.

Jordair had Undecided for a long time.  I remember because that jackwagon Darren Rovell tweeted about it and insinuated he wasn’t intelligent because of his major. 

1 minute ago, TRN said:

Jordair had Undecided for a long time.  I remember because that jackwagon Darren Rovell tweeted about it and insinuated he wasn’t intelligent because of his major. 

Yeah, then Rovell tried to suggest that he was justified in ridiculing him when I called him out for it. All in all, SLU just hadn’t updated his bio on the website. He had a major.

12 hours ago, Bilzz said:

The head of ISU's collective said today that they've got commitments to get their NIL to $270k. We were at $400K last year. If their beat writer is saying we're almost a million more, then we're in the $1.2 million range. 3X where we were last year.

For perspective, more than half of the Big East has NIL greater than $2 million. (6 teams) And some have it closer to $3 million. 

4 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Yeah, then Rovell tried to suggest that he was justified in ridiculing him when I called him out for it. All in all, SLU just hadn’t updated his bio on the website. He had a major.

I called him out, too.  His track record of being a dummy has continued since then. It’s always fun to see him get ratio’d.

DeSmetBilliken likes this

On 3/17/2024 at 9:03 PM, stmdragons said:

As awesome as this is, I can’t help but feel awful for ISU fans. This has got to be an absolutely terrible day for them. 

Can confirm. This sucks. Knew this day was coming 3 weeks ago. Doesnt make it sting any less today! Happy for Coach Schertz. It’ll be another 10 plus years until I get satisfaction from my Sycamore basketball team 

1 minute ago, SycamoreInTexaa said:

Can confirm. This sucks. Knew this day was coming 3 weeks ago. Doesnt make it sting any less today! Happy for Coach Schertz. It’ll be another 10 plus years until I get satisfaction from my Sycamore basketball team 

Most slu fans I’m sure have a soft spot here for ISU, we too are at a level where we’re most likely going to lose him at some point - maybe even soon. 

Old guy likes this

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

Don't worry about that TRN. Most of the people in this board know that I really do not know basketball. I admit freely that I know a lot about some things and very little about other things. Basketball is one of those things I do not much about. My wife is the true SLU basketball fan in the family and has 3 degrees from SLU.

Why isn’t your wife posting here?

CenHudDude likes this

8 hours ago, SycamoreInTexaa said:

We feel for you Tex.  That’s the current state of CBB.  The bigger guys feed off the smaller guys, and there’s almost always someone bigger than you.  Our hope here is that JS helps build the program whether he is here for the rest of his career ala Mark Few, or only for two or three years.  It’s a shame that your program was never able to build off the Larry Bird years.  Looking at your sycamorepride.com message board, you are now all going after each other.  Who knows, maybe we would be doing the same thing here if it happened to us.  Good luck to the Sycamores.  I wish them nothing but the best moving forward.

If true about JS signing for $2mm and 6 years and succeeds as expected SLU will get a hefty buyout if he leaves after 2-3 years. No idea if it would be equal to his salary times years left, but even if it’s at half salary that’s still a nice chunk of cash. 

TheA_Bomb and TheChosenOne like this

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 9:13 AM, slu72 said:

If true about JS signing for $2mm and 6 years and succeeds as expected SLU will get a hefty buyout if he leaves after 2-3 years. No idea if it would be equal to his salary times years left, but even if it’s at half salary that’s still a nice chunk of cash. 

Total WAG but we got 3 years.  In that time will SLU be elevated enough to grab a successful Drake Coach? McCollum sitting right there waiting to come back to his home state. 

In the Eye on College Basketball Podcast (I mentioned previously), Parrish and Norlander also assert they believe SLU is right for the Big East. They list good facilities (newer arena) and natural recruiting base as reasons.  It was great to hear two of the top CBB reporters make the case. 

BuiltFordBills likes this