2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

There are certain local sports media figures - like Frank and Slaten - who want SLU to be run in as small a way as possible. They're the ones who push for SLU to move to the Valley, to hire people they know, and to recruit exclusively regional players.

They want easy access to the program, they want influence, and they want it shaped by a small fraternity of like-minded locals who don't think beyond their pocket of the Midwest. They're obsessed with petty high school-level relationships and are stuck in the past. They either complain about or refuse to acknowledge the way the sport exists today.

They're small-time people and they want the program to reflect their small-time nature. They are not to be taken seriously.

We aspire to national competitiveness, the Big East, deep Tournament runs.

Comparing Frank and Slaten is ridiculous. You live in Cinncy. Do you even see his broadcast? His radio show is different. They have alot of time to fill. I certainly would not categorise Frank as a complainer. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Comparing Frank and Slaten is ridiculous. You live in Cinncy. Do you even see his broadcast? His radio show is different. They have alot of time to fill. I certainly would not categorise Frank as a complainer. 

Frank and Slaten both slobbered over Ahearn. They are comparable. 

1 minute ago, willie said:

Great point. I live in Cincinnati and the internet doesn't exist.

Frank and Slaten are different people with different shows pushing for the same bad ideas for SLU.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Frank and Slaten both slobbered over Ahearn. They are comparable. 

They are not comparable. You pick one item on the hundreds of subjects he may cover in a week. And I for one don't think they Ahearn idea is as stupit as you do. No I would not do it and glad they didn't but don't think it was completely crazy. You hate May so should we view everything you write with that in mind? 

DOC likes this

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Great point. I live in Cincinnati and the internet doesn't exist.

Frank and Slaten are different people with different shows pushing for the same bad ideas for SLU.

So you watch the channel 5 news every night? 

2 minutes ago, willie said:

They are not comparable. You pick one item on the hundreds of subjects he may cover in a week. And I for one don't think they Ahearn idea is as stupit as you do. No I would not do it and glad they didn't but don't think it was completely crazy. You hate May so should we view everything you write with that in mind? 

Probably, but I’ve been in here giving him credit for the last month.

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

There are certain local sports media figures - like Frank and Slaten - who want SLU to be run in as small a way as possible. They're the ones who push for SLU to move to the Valley, to hire people they know, and to recruit exclusively regional players.

They want easy access to the program, they want influence, and they want it shaped by a small fraternity of like-minded locals who don't think beyond their pocket of the Midwest. They're obsessed with petty high school-level relationships and are stuck in the past. They either complain about or refuse to acknowledge the way the sport exists today.

They're small-time people and they want the program to reflect their small-time nature. They are not to be taken seriously.

We aspire to national competitiveness, the Big East, deep Tournament runs.

Sorry, but you lose all credibility by putting Slaten and Frank in the same category. That's ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, DOC said:

Sorry, but you lose all credibility by putting Slaten and Frank in the same category. That's ridiculous.

They put themselves in the same category. They share the same bad ideas.

slu92 likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Probably, but I’ve been in here giving him credit for the last month.

Save it. You've repeatedly trashed the guy and called for his firing. When someone listed the success the athletic program has enjoyed under May you were the one who said May was a douchbag and could not be judged by anything but the Ford buyout and the buyout set us back forever and May should be fired for it. Turns out the buyout was a moot point. The guy who agreed to the extension came in and paid it, paid the new coach and funded the money to bring his players. If May pulls this off you haters need to stfu for a while.

billikenbill and dennis_w like this

Frank is a complete phony, like his hair, beyond words. Ask MSHSSA about Frank at one of his kids high school golf tournaments a few years ago. Guy is a total loser and there is a good reason why him and Chris May are buddies. 

56 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Seems like the Bens over at the Post don't have a problem with holding feet to the flames. There's glazing over the issue and then there's propagandizing. Literally telling SLU fans they should forget buying out Ford and, get this, giving him more money to build a roster in NIL!

I don't know if the Bens are exactly Woodard and Bernstein.  I really miss Burwell and Strauss.   

Adman likes this

3 minutes ago, DOC said:

Save it. You've repeatedly trashed the guy and called for his firing. When someone listed the success the athletic program has enjoyed under May you were the one who said May was a douchbag and could not be judged by anything but the Ford buyout and the buyout set us back forever and May should be fired for it. Turns out the buyout was a moot point. The guy who agreed to the extension came in and paid it, paid the new coach and funded the money to bring his players. If May pulls this off you haters need to stfu for a while.

Nah, I'm good dawg. I've presented evidence for everything I've said. 

4 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Chris May is still a wiener. He did nothing and is controlled by Chaifetz and other money guys. Glorified admin. That’s it. Guy is a loser. 

If you’re as worried as you say you are about it collapsing because of May, I’d probably ya know hold back on him. ISU is going to lose Schertz because of AD/University dysfunction. I’d prefer to deal with the necessary evil. But that’s just me. 

ACE likes this

7 minutes ago, DOC said:

Except the last decade of SLU BB irrelevance he's great!

Good stuff DOC keep regaling us with your wisdom.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If you’re as worried as you say you are about it collapsing because of May, I’d probably ya know hold back on him. But that’s just me. 

He’s a jinx. I’m convinced.