Jimerson named 3rd team all-conference

I liked watching Jimerson; if SVB had not broken his leg GJ would have had a much better season. Todays Rhodey game showed what a Big who is decisive and willing to control his space can do to set up the shooters. I doubt Jimerson would have taken the early season beatings with a scrapper in the paint. I hope they both come back 

He could thrive in Schertz 5 out offense, coming off a zoom action hitting 3s. It's just really hard to defend that simple dribble hand off screen

billiken_roy likes this

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Jimerson also was named All Academic.  How can you miss mentioning that?

Didn’t read down that far before I posted. 

HoosierPal likes this

3 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Basketball accolades >>>> academic accolades 

1000% disagree. I’ll bet Jimerson’s brain takes him farther in life than his basketball skills. This is not about you.  It is about Jimerson.

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

1000% disagree. I’ll bet Jimerson’s brain takes him farther than his basketball skills. This is not about you. It’s about Jimerson. 

Sounds good. Good for Gibby. Just saying what I personally care about since it's a message board 

I liked watching Jimerson; if SVB had not broken his leg GJ would have had a much better season. Todays Rhodey game showed what a Big who is decisive and willing to control his space can do to set up the shooters. I doubt Jimerson would have taken the early season beatings with a scrapper in the paint. I hope they both come back 

GJ seems to know who he is and is living the dream. Not everyone gets to use his special talent to its fullest. I would not be surprised to see him back next year as player and associate head coach. Talk about having seniority.

7 minutes ago, GOSLU68 said:

GJ seems to know who he is and is living the dream. Not everyone gets to use his special talent to its fullest. I would not be surprised to see him back next year as player and associate head coach. Talk about having seniority.

I think everyone here likes Jimerson.

I don't think he's worth the reported bag we gave him though(250k)

I'd rather we spend that money on other players. Jimerson can shoot, but he can't defend. I think we can find someone who can do both.

4 hours ago, Soderball said:

I'd rather we spend that money on other players. Jimerson can shoot, but he can't defend. I think we can find someone who can do both.

I'll disagree on the ROI. He is a record setting reason to watch the team, on a team that doesn't have much to watch. His super quick release is beautiful and rare. I hope he is back next year.

On 3/13/2024 at 9:05 AM, Soderball said:

I disagree about can’t defend- I think GJ stepped his game this year and passing, defense, rebounding were team leading in the last 10 games- he did go through an offensive lull when he was getting roughed up by our league opponents- he worked his way out if it. As SVB asserted himself things improved for Jimerson- our other bigs were too soft

5 minutes ago, GOSLU68 said:

I disagree about can’t defend- I think GJ stepped his game this year and passing, defense, rebounding were team leading in the last 10 games- he did go through an offensive lull when he was getting roughed up by our league opponents- he worked his way out if it. As SVB asserted himself things improved for Jimerson- our other bigs were too soft

I agree Gibby's defense has improved.  I think during the latter part of the season, we were a better team overall with SVB on the floor.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

I agree Gibby's defense has improved.  I think during the latter part of the season, we were a better team overall with SVB on the floor.

When the team is 14th in conference "we played better" is irrelevant. Improvement is not acceptable; this team has to have an entire fundamental shift in the gameplay. That means a new team.

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

When the team is 14th in conference "we played better" is irrelevant. Improvement is not acceptable; this team has to have an entire fundamental shift in the gameplay. That means a new team.

The new coach will decide who he wants to pursue from the old roster.  Spoonhour "re-recruited" Highmark and Claggett even though the team had only won 5 games (and Highmark was not a renowned defender).  Spoonball was very different from Grawer's style.

If the new coach cleans house, so be it.  If he re-recruits some of the existing players, that's great.  Either way, the new coach will be incentivized to win and will do what it takes to get there.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:34 AM, HoosierPal said:

1000% disagree. I’ll bet Jimerson’s brain takes him farther in life than his basketball skills. This is not about you.  It is about Jimerson.

message boards are about MBB. no one gives a ratzazz about the books round here, only that they don't get ineligible.

slufan13 likes this

19 minutes ago, almaman said:

message boards are about MBB. no one gives a ratzazz about the books round here, only that they don't get ineligible.

Your opinion is noted.  At least one MBM cares about scholastics and the well being of the students.  I can't remember the last time I hired someone because they played basketball.

Billikenbooster and SLUMS81 like this

I know I've never paid to see any of your hires & made it 70 years w/o a concern there. 80% of that time been a ports fan short for fanatic. it is a big business & has as much to do with academics as morals do to politics. like looks are the main criteria for beauty pageants & blind dates. 

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Some care about the books ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Accountability-Legislatures-Chicago-American-Politics/dp/0226827240/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

17 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'd rather the players get straight C's. Good grades mean not enough attention to basketball 

That is a major difference between us and an IVY school. In the IVYs academics come first, sports are most definitely secondary despite the fact that they are D I schools. That can also be said about the DIII league that  has U of Chicago and Wash U in it, academics first. I really do not know if this is correct or not, but I think, my opinion, that Pestello thinks that way also.