Latest Ford Rumor

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TheBand said:

For those of you who didn’t listen, Ford was on with Ackerman this morning on KMOX.  They’ll have the podcast posted soon.

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/sports-on-a-sunday-morning-2f4a4/episodes/billikens-postseason-prep-and-navigating-the-nio-landscape-with-coach-travis-ford-288e3

4 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Drake holds on.

Can Stetson get their first ever NCAA bid?

They do. I watched Stetson play Chicago State on the same floor 6-7 weeks ago and there were about 100 people in the stands and Chi. State beat them for the second time this season. What a contrast between then and now with a full house, a good-looking team, and a court storming.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Honestly, that’s kind of what I’ve been thinking. Announcement or leaked to normal media tonight , with formal confirmation tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what night news to watch?  On Your Sidelines?

2 hours ago, AugieBilliken said:

Any suggestions on what night news to watch?  On Your Sidelines?

Evening news isn’t likely to be the place to have the news first. If SLU is trying to control things and announce it when they want, which according to the Post-Dispatch may be Monday, Frank Cusumano will likely play along and not report anything. It would be a national college basketball reporter who would report the news if anything broke tonight. 

TheBand likes this

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

We got Chris May'd 

You almost feel bad for Ford and his family. Its been leaked he's fired but good ol Chris is delaying it with his torture treatment 

Is that because Chris May believes dragging things out makes them easier on people? 

Just now, Lord Elrond said:

Is that because Chris May believes dragging things out makes them easier on people? 

It’s because Chris May can’t deal with the look of him not being in control, and he seemingly views the media reporting something before SLU announces it as evidence that he isn’t in control. Examples:

1) when Ford was hired, it was reported by a bunch of basketball reporters. SLU denied it for 1-2 days until they officially announced the hire. Sure, maybe there were final contractual provisions to complete, but this looked to go beyond that. 
2) Crews was fired right after his last game ended. I saw something on Twitter with the report, and texted a friend who was in or near the interview room at the game. He ran it by someone at SLU…they denied it. 15-20 minutes later, Crews was talking about his career being over in the post-game press conference.

TheBand likes this

18 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Evening news isn’t likely to be the place to have the news first. If SLU is trying to control things and announce it when they want, which according to the Post-Dispatch may be Monday, Frank Cusumano will likely play along and not report anything. It would be a national college basketball reporter who would report the news if anything broke tonight. 

I wonder if Trilly Donovan is watching the Oscars tonight instead of contacting his sources?

39 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

It doesn't, believe me, lol. I drug out breaking up with my girlfriend of 2.5 years at SLU and it sucked a** regardless. 

Lando Griffin and TheA_Bomb like this