Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

4 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

You aren’t kidding.

1.) Assuming his son is correct, it’s a $10 million dollar buyout to end Travis Ford’s contract. I don’t see the BOT dipping into the SLU endowment for this under any circumstances, which means a donor needs to step up with at least $10 mil, plus additional money to hire the new guy.  Not sure who Travis Ford’s agent is, but I want that guy negotiating for me, clearly he’s an outstanding agent.

2.) So which identities on here are Ford relatives? Just curious.

It's an accusation that gets tossed around with any over-the-top defense of CTF, or Crews, or whatever. Just saying maybe it's not so crazy now.

Like I said on the other thread, i don't blame him defending his dad's record. The insane arguments and deranged nature of the action are wild stuff. This isn't responding with talk about how he thinks players are gonna get better or whatever. It's just crazed gibberish. I mean even Larry has defended the program, but he used his name and said what he wanted to say. Much respect for him, even in disagreement.

What we got now is a good old message board fodder scandal. break out the torches and pitchforks. We're off to the underbelly of twitter.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let y'all know I want May and Ford gone.  There's been some fan and reported booster pressure put on the program. They (Ford, May) have not responded well to the pressure. Which I think is good because I want them gone. Some people under pressure say things or do things that get them fired.

Ford has shown his irritation with terrible interviews and antics.

May's Athletic Department has turtled and just stopped publicizing the program on line (for the most part).

Maybe they'll turn on each other and both go down.

Keep this kid going. Just pure gold.

17 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

You aren’t kidding.

1.) Assuming his son is correct, it’s a $10 million dollar buyout to end Travis Ford’s contract. I don’t see the BOT dipping into the SLU endowment for this under any circumstances, which means a donor needs to step up with at least $10 mil, plus additional money to hire the new guy.  Not sure who Travis Ford’s agent is, but I want that guy negotiating for me, clearly he’s an outstanding agent.

No idea; and hopefully we would never know in all seriousness. If we see new accounts pop up with irrational defenses of CTF we may have some suspects though. 😂

Can't say Uncle Brad or Lorenzo ever had this go down. How does this compare to when Crews gave the business to WBAT Brett Jolly?

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Just to let y'all know I want May and Ford gone.  There's been some fan and reported booster pressure put on the program. They (Ford, May) have not responded well to the pressure. Which I think is good because I want them gone. Some people under pressure say things or do things that get them fired.

Ford has shown his irritation with terrible interviews and antics.

May's Athletic Department has turtled and just stopped publicizing the program on line (for the most part).

Maybe they'll turn on each other and both go down.

Keep this kid going. Just pure gold.

It's already made Barstool sports. This is truly metaverse/social media/message board fodder. I haven't seen much more potent oddball stuff.

It's got that spark of not being gross nor did anyone get actually hurt: that makes it easy to mock and laugh at. It's just embarrassing.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

636458186913732626-DSC00164.JPG

Is that a Ford on fire? Brilliant. Part of me whishes Mama Ford would run down to the basement and take this kid's phone from him but I also want to see who or what else he'll add to the list of reasons Travis has been a failure as head coach. So far we have:

1. Stu

2. SLU admin

3. Covid (unique to Ford)

4. Injuries (unique to Ford)

5. A NET rankings conspiracy 

6. The President of the United States of America

7. Bad calls in games in which we were down by 22 at half

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is that a Ford on fire? Brilliant. Part of me whishes Mama Ford would run down to the basement and take this kid's phone from him but I also want to see who or what else he'll add to the list of reasons Travis has been a failure as head coach. So far we have:

1. Stu

2. SLU admin

3. Covid (unique to Ford)

4. Injuries (unique to Ford)

5. A NET rankings conspiracy 

6. The President of the United State of America

7. Bad calls in games in which we were down by 22 at half

8. Not enough golf carts for the Olive & Compton Garage

29 minutes ago, Soderball said:

It's already made Barstool sports. This is truly metaverse/social media/message board fodder. I haven't seen much more potent oddball stuff.

It's got that spark of not being gross nor did anyone get actually hurt: that makes it easy to mock and laugh at. It's just embarrassing.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3499329/anything-for-family-travis-fords-son-is-being-accused-of-creating-multiple-burner-accounts-to-defend-his-dads-coaching-job-at-saint-louis

Link to said barstool.

I'll play this game....

Other things that caused SLUs downfall... Moving the dolphin pond. (It got moved right)

10 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3499329/anything-for-family-travis-fords-son-is-being-accused-of-creating-multiple-burner-accounts-to-defend-his-dads-coaching-job-at-saint-louis

Link to said barstool.

I'll play this game....

Other things that caused SLUs downfall... Moving the dolphin pond. (It got moved right)

Never move the dolphin pond!  The dolphin’s won’t be able to get back home after drinking at Humphrey’s.

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

You aren’t kidding.

$10 million is the same buyout he had when signing a new contract at Oklahoma State so there might be something to this.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/travis-ford-coaching-rumors-saint-louis-billikens-oklahoma-state/15k4ou2ezpenk1q6yc1p373ua7

Assuming there's 4 years left on Coach Ford's contract, buying him out next year would still cost $7.5 million.

JMM28 likes this

26 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Chris May is THE worst AD in the history of the NCAA.

nah whoever hired Kenny Payne is. This Ford Contract is up there though. It's bad.

2 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

You aren’t kidding.

Ok if 10 million is the buy out then that means Ford has 4 years left - that is hard to believe but who knows.  Next, we do not need one donor but 3 or 4 to chip in.  The extra money you are referring to is the salary the school should be able to pay the new coach.

8 minutes ago, GoSluBills said:

So if it’s $10mill after this year, does that mean the auto renewal wasn’t stopped after last year’s disaster? Jeeezus

That’s the part that’s hard to believe.  If you weren’t going to come up with the buyout, cancel the auto renewal so the buyout gets lower next year. Eventually the buyout goes to $0 and you can move then if nothing else. Worst case is Travis doesn’t like it and leaves on his own, in which case you owe him nothing and can get on with hiring the next guy.  

9 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

That’s the part that’s hard to believe.  If you weren’t going to come up with the buyout, cancel the auto renewal so the buyout gets lower next year. Eventually the buyout goes to $0 and you can move then if nothing else. Worst case is Travis doesn’t like it and leaves on his own, in which case you owe him nothing and can get on with hiring the next guy.  

I can assure you he is not leaving on his own.  He may just decide that it is not worth it but figure out a way to get fired like not recruiting so he can get paid.

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I can assure you he is not leaving on his own.  He may just decide that it is not worth it but figure out a way to get fired like not recruiting so he can get paid.

Then there really is no reason not to have cancelled the auto renewal after last years results.

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Then there really is no reason not to have cancelled the auto renewal after last years results.

Agreed!  Having worked under such renewal able employment contracts (3 years) what usually happens is that if the Board has any questions about you then they do not renew it.  It doesn't mean they want to fire you or won't renew it next year but they want to send a message that there is something going on that they are not totally happy with.  If you don't figure out how to fix whatever it is the second year then they will not renew you again which simply means you better get your resume updated and start asking around about what may be available.  You don't have to take just anything but keep your eye out for something that you might like.  If they don't renew you the third time then you better spend all your time looking for a new job because you are done.  All May would have done is not renew and that would have told Ford that he needed to address something but apparently, he did not.

I already told y'all a way to fire him for cause. Conduct an investigation, did he sign the mandatory rules?  Yes. Did he violate them? Yes.  Fired. Now will it stand up in court? Maybe you get a settlement but it won't be $10mil

Not as crazy as you think:

Nick Rolovich

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/10/sports/ncaafootball/rolovich-vaccine-status-washington-state.html