GDT: SLU v. Utah St.

SluSignGuy

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Can’t knock the players. We are physically over matched. This is like watching a jr high team playing the varsity. The question is how did UST replace 11 spots with some pretty good big players and we got so little from the portal. 

I would love to be able to see each team’s NIL funds.  That may tell the true story.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

You think Vermont had a bigger NIL than us?  How about Liberty?

Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated. 

I’ve said it before —- this team is nothing but a bunch of role players playing major minutes out of their roles and comfort zones.  Right now, only Jimerson is really worthwhile.  

This is as bad as the program has been in the last 20 years. We have an AD and coach who simply have no idea how to compete in the new NIL/transfer portal world. We have a massive asset allocation issue. We doubled down on upgraded facilities and a big contract for our expensive and overrated coach and now have left our roster in awful shape. The only good news is that it can be fixed real fast with the right decisions in the spring. 

2 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

I hope Gibson is at least getting a bag from the BVF. I appreciate the loyalty but what a brutal way to spend your last season of college hoops. 

He actually has another year of eligibility after this year.  Maybe he goes and plays for a good program and gets paid, if he wants to do so.